England Rubbish

Rob W

Gerrard isn't a DM ffs.

30293[/snapback]

But he can play that role for the good of the team even if he has to sacrifice something of his natural game.

30339[/snapback]

Gerrard is totally wasted at DM.

England have to bite the bullet and drop Lampard or Gerrard if they have any aspirations of going far in the World Cup

No-one wants to admit it though.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerrard isn't a DM ffs.

30293[/snapback]

But he can play that role for the good of the team even if he has to sacrifice something of his natural game.

30339[/snapback]

Would that not then be classed as playing someone out of their best position? Something Sven is already getting slaughtered for...

Gerrard isn't a DM ffs.

30293[/snapback]

30339[/snapback]

England have to bite the bullet and drop Lampard or Gerrard if they have any aspirations of going far in the World Cup

30348[/snapback]

Sven doesn't want to admit it.

Gerrard isn't a DM ffs.

30293[/snapback]

30339[/snapback]

30348[/snapback]

Aye, it's a nice position to be in having two excellent players in the same position, but trying to accomodate them both is holding us back. I know people will say drop Beckham but I think he still does a job for England.

It was atrocious. I thought it looked a bad formation on Saturday against Wales, and it should have served as a warning.

Much was made of Eriksson's lack of passion, but that could be forgiven, because of his tactical abilities, yet playing a formation in which your entire midfield is played out of position and is therefore ineffective is absurd. We have great players, but what use is that when you don't play the right formation? Gerrard and Lampard were rendered useless. Rooney on the left? wtf. If the Midfield is useless, what hope do the strikers have?, sorry, that should be striker.

Eriksson, seriously has to change the formation back to a more regular 4-4-2. Tried and tested. It works, so why change? If he doesn't, it's time to go.

Owen Hargreaves, why is Owen Hargreaves playing for England?

Rooney's attitude was disgraceful. The bit that really got me was when Beckham went to calm him down, and he was effing and blinding at him as well. He's an illiterate scouse thug with no sense of respect or decorum.

Rio Ferdinand was also shocking I thought. To do what he did with their goal. Standing still and sticking your hand up, doesn't automatically make the man offside. Abysmal. He's not been the same since he came back after his ban. I hope that Woodgate can get fit and stay fit (a lot to ask I know), but if he does, I'd have him in for Ferdinand.

Taking Shaun Wright-Phillips was a bad move as well.

Ian Wright after the game was dead on. He looked, acted and said things that every England fan was thinking.

The difference between club and country:

If it was Newcastle, I'd still be furious.

And finally, Northern Ireland deserve a lot of credit, because the players and fans were well up for it and were full of passion and commitment.

And finally, Northern Ireland deserve a lot of credit, because the players and fans were well up for it and were full of passion and commitment.

30431[/snapback]

Just like our fans are only noisy when we're the underdog i.e Cardiff. They were still stuck in the 80's though. :D

'Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......Bull. Sheet. AHH!

I reckon we'll qualify, get to the latter stages, think we're going to win, then get knocked out on pens. Or similar.

30434[/snapback]

At least Graham Taylor had the right idea getting us knocked out of the qualifying group for USA 94. Saved a lot of money and heartache. Legend.

Well if there's one thing nearly as bad as foreigners it's English foreigners. In fairness though I've never really seen him do anything decent in an England shirt. He's got floppy hair too.

Because he is doing well at one of European's top football clubs?

It seems easy to make the bloke from a foreign league the main culprit...

30472[/snapback]

He was far from being the main culprit, but for me he's never done anything in an England shirt which justifies his place in the squad.

He was far from being the main culprit, but for me he's never done anything in an England shirt which justifies his place in the squad.

30482[/snapback]

And then there's the floppy hair...

30472[/snapback]

30482[/snapback]

Exactly

So the floppy hair plays no part?

30494[/snapback]

Well it's a bit dodgy, but it plays no part in why he shouldn't be playing for England.

If he was good enough, he could have a pink mohecan for all I care.

But the thing is, he's not that good. He's not shite, just pretty average.

Yes, because Carrick hasn't had a justifiable chance, Sinclair was good for a few games at LW, Jenas plays well for England for some reason. And Dyer and Gerrard are very much first 15 players.

30472[/snapback]

30482[/snapback]

And in probably 2/3 of his international appearences he came on as a sub . IMHO it's a tad bit harsh to judge players who don't get the opportunity to prove themselves over a whole game.

The criticism of him in this thread becomes even more ridiculous when I see that he was brought on in the 80th minute yesterday ... when England were already 1-0 down. Until I had looked it up a couple of minutes ago I thought he was thrown on earlier. Wow, so Hargreaves wasn't the supersub who single-handedly turned around probably rubbish English performance within 10 minutes... :D