The Martins Haters....

bassplayerjj

The gooners on their forum don't seem to upset with the link... but some of them are just plain delusional!!!

He's every bit as good as Anelka if not better. He played some great stuff last season, even before he was scoring(while he was still settling) he played great football. He's strong, tricky and has a great shot, his hold up play is quality, his movement is good.

I don't see why people are complaining. Oh wait its cos he's not Eto'o or Kaka, sorry forgot where I was for a minute there.

He's light years ahead of Ade so I cant see any problem for £13m.

which player were they watching?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea!!! But for the most part, they are all pretty supportive of the move (along with someone else) and that makes me worry.

Martins is rough... no doubt about that; but I would hate to see him go.

The gooners on their forum don't seem to upset with the link... but some of them are just plain delusional!!!

He's every bit as good as Anelka if not better. He played some great stuff last season, even before he was scoring(while he was still settling) he played great football. He's strong, tricky and has a great shot, his hold up play is quality, his movement is good.

I don't see why people are complaining. Oh wait its cos he's not Eto'o or Kaka, sorry forgot where I was for a minute there.

He's light years ahead of Ade so I cant see any problem for £13m.

:unsure: Fucking hell.

;)

A mate of mine got a Pistone shirt one season and Basseda another. Basically we now use him as a divining rod, if he buys the shirt, the player will be shit.

Edit He also got Luque, but I'll wait until Albert leaves, before adding another victory to the predictive powers of my friend

He sure can pick em. :unsure:

After a good period I seem to have put the skids on N'Zogbia's NUFC career (got a shirt with his name not long after Souness was sacked). :huh:

A spanking new Stevie Carr shirt is winging its way to you both as we speak.

martins will stay. he said last week he was going too, great player needs to iron out the kinks but is getting there

What makes you think he'll stay then?

martins will stay. he said last week he was going too, great player needs to iron out the kinks but is getting there

What makes you think he'll stay then?

Pillow talk.

I wish he's make his mind up. One minute he says 'he will stay', the next he says 'he was going too'!! :unsure:

Sorry, folks, I couldn't resist it :huh:;)<_<

Martins is a raw talent and it would be very disappointing if he left after only 1 season. He's definitely got the ability but needs to work on offsides, first touch etc.

11 in the league and 17 in all comps in a team of such dross last season i would say was an excellent start from a player who has never played over here before. Its unbelievable the amount of people on here who if the player doesnt set the world alight in his first season want to get rid.

Playing devils advocate, I think some of the senior players came out and named Martins as one of the troublemakers at the club.

Looking at his country issues I'd say that was a given.

If we can get more than what we paid for him, we should be snapping people's hands off for it. There's so much elementary stuff missing from his game that no amount of pace or occasional thunderbolt shots is going to compensate for.

If we can get more than what we paid for him, we should be snapping people's hands off for it. There's so much elementary stuff missing from his game that no amount of pace or occasional thunderbolt shots is going to compensate for.

Hi, New to the site. I think it depends who BS wants to bring in weather we flog Oba although the £13m clause means we wont have a say in it but with the doubts over Wenger and the boardroom unrest I think that could go in our favour plus the Ashley money we have and the players that we sign and the ambitions we have ie champions league next season plus the Sam factor, if you listen to the Bolton players they all love him, Speed said he`s the best coach he has played for. We do need to get shot of Ameobi, Carr, Baba and I would listen to offers for Duff and Dyer. I think Defoe or Smith would be decent buys and neither would cost that much, I would also pull out the stops for SWP (£10m the reported fee). Geremi will do a decent job at RB plus either Baines or Shorey coming in we are starting to look like a proper team. Another couple of defenders plus hanging on to Micheal & Oba plus signing the above....WOW :unsure:

Would Wenger be seeing something that we are missing then? I agree with what has been said regarding his scoring against lesser opposition and his first touch being a [sarcasm]bit[/sarcasm] hard but why would he be on the top of Wenger's list?

Would Wenger be seeing something that we are missing then? I agree with what has been said regarding his scoring against lesser opposition and his first touch being a [sarcasm]bit[/sarcasm] hard but why would he be on the top of Wenger's list?

Yeah but didn't Wenger also want Jenas the penis to replace Viera at one stage, until he actually watched him play another game besides the ones against the arse?

Point it moot anyway, Wenger will be working in Spain in the next couple of weeks anyway.

Yeah but didn't Wenger also want Jenas the penis to replace Viera at one stage, until he actually watched him play another game besides the ones against the arse?

Point it moot anyway, Wenger will be working in Spain in the next couple of weeks anyway.

Martins destroyed the Arse in a Champions League game a couple of years ago didn't he? I wonder if that has owt to do with it. I agree with Gemmill anyway.

Martins destroyed the Arse in a Champions League game a couple of years ago didn't he? I wonder if that has owt to do with it. I agree with Gemmill anyway.

He did and there are alot of posts on the Arsenal forum bringing that game up.

I think that he has potential myself. Would hate to see him go to another English club.

He did and there are alot of posts on the Arsenal forum bringing that game up.

I think that he has potential myself. Would hate to see him go to another English club.

Agreed, specially somewhere like Arsenal, you could just see Wenger nurturing him into a real star player.

Why does he want to become Schuster's assistant? A bit of a step down if you ask me... :unsure:

Why does he want to become Schuster's assistant? A bit of a step down if you ask me... :unsure:

*pssst* barca?

Wolfgang is Schuster official yet?

*pssst* barca?

Wolfgang is Schuster official yet?

Not yet, but the president of Getafe said in a press conference this morning that they will let him go.

Football is a results game and 17 goals in your first season in the Premiership in a shit team is a good result however you look at it. I obviously don't watch him as much as most on here but I have seen him make some really quite sublime first touches, so he can do it he just needs to become more consistent, he can learn about movement, time is on his side (allegedly!).

Of course we'd rather he was the finished article but 17 goals from an unfinished article is pretty damn good.

Football is a results game and 17 goals in your first season in the Premiership in a shit team is a good result however you look at it. I obviously don't watch him as much as most on here but I have seen him make some really quite sublime first touches, so he can do it he just needs to become more consistent, he can learn about movement, time is on his side (allegedly!).

Of course we'd rather he was the finished article but 17 goals from an unfinished article is pretty damn good.

It's canny but not that good when you break those goals scored down. 11 in the league doesn't compare that favourably with the rest of the league's strikers.

As for the sublime first touches, every now and again when I used to play football, I'd have one of those moments too. Most of the time I couldn't control the ball for shit though. Like our friend Obafemi. :lol:

As for the sublime first touches, every now and again when I used to play football, I'd have one of those moments too. Most of the time I couldn't control the ball for shit though. Like our friend Obafemi. :lol:

Everyone has something or someone they will never be convinced by:

Mine is Milner

Gemmills is Martins

Stevies is anything except Geordies

If we do get rid of Martins we will need someone other than Gudjohnsen in. He is a very good player but its alwyas nice to have some (real) pace up front as an option.