Toon in for Gudjohnsen and Edmilson

Smooth Operator

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gudjohnsen is still on the go according to Talksport.

I think considering the amount of players we've released and the amount of quality he's bringning in for washers, we should all be sitting wth contemlplative little grins right now. If he gets Gudjohnsen, I will be a VERY happy man. I can see us playing a sexy little diamond formation with Gudjohnsen behind the strikers, but if we do get him, we can pretty much kiss Martins goodbye. Owen's not going anywhere imho, but I think I've already resigned Martins to leaving. I just hope it's not to an English club.

Apparantly he has, just waiting to unveil him. I'm pretty sure Sam said we'd signed him.

EDIT: Rozehnal that is.

Edited by Mowen

Sky Sports News understands Newcastle United have agreed a deal, in principle, to sign Edmilson.

The versatile Barcelona man is currently recovering from knee surgery, but it has not deterred the Magpies from launching a bid.

Edmilson is likely to be out of action for four to six months, having undergone the operation last week.

A Newcastle delegation, headed by manager Sam Allardyce, travelled to Spain on Thursday to hold talks with Barcelona and Edmilson.

It now appears that Allardyce has come to an agreement with Edmilson, who can play at centre-half or in a midfield holding role.

Barcelona are reportedly willing to accept a nominal fee for the 30-year-old, with the Brazilian having 12 months remaining on his contract.

During the trip to Catalunya, Allardyce is also understood to be enquiring about the availability of former Chelsea striker Eidur Gudjohnsen.

Giuly :

Barcelona winger Ludovic Giuly appears reluctant to move to the Premier League, but would consider a return to Monaco.

Giuly has previously stated he wants to stay at Camp Nou, but has been linked with a €5million (£3.4million) exit over the summer.

Speculation has claimed that Newcastle United and West Ham United want the France international, who was formerly a target for Liverpool.

But his agent Alain Migliaccio is ruling out the English option, and also concedes Barca's asking price is prohibiting a move back to Monaco.

"Ludo refused Benitez and Liverpool last year, so he won't join West Ham or Newcastle now," said Migliaccio.

"Indeed, with Monaco we had a talk, but as long as Barcelona will ask for such a fee, nothing will happen."

Monaco's sporting director Jean-Luc Ettori confirmed the interest in the midfielder and hopes the pull of a return to Stade Louis II will persuade Giuly to accept a wage cut.

Ettori told France Football: "I had a phone call with Ludo. He knows we want him.

"He also knows we can't go far beyond certain financial conditions. Other clubs could offer him better wages, but we have other assets.

"He knows the club and knows we appreciate him. It is the right year for his comeback. We need him now."

I'll take the gamble for the Nominal fee that's beign touted.

if this is true, we've got another player and spent under 10m

Viduka

Barton

Rozenhal

Edmilson

got rid of the flotsam

Bramble, Gooch, Moore, Pav, Bernard...

Celebrate good times, come on

Aye and the Skunkers ITK reckons we are def in talks with Gudjohnson and Beye is giving us an answer on Monday.

How realible is Skunkers ITK?

Not overly pleased by these transfers but at least there are some more bodies possibly on their way. Always considered Edmilson a 'luxury' defender and worried that he might not adapt well to the prem but maybe Sam wants him to do a Campo sort of job. Very good with the ball and vast experience of reading the game, and a World Cup winner also :huh: Though so was Roque Junior....

I guess I am just expecting us to spend bigger now that Ashley is here and when there are players such as A. Diarra available for 5-6 million I think we should be looking at this. Maybe he wants to bring in Edmilson (even an injured one) if he wants to bring in another brazilian and help him settle in. BRING ON ADRIANO bahahhahahaha! Get Big Sam's psychologist on and rid him of the infamous paddy k party syndrome

You rate Ameobi yet you're 'not overly pleased' with the prospect of Edmilson and Eidur? :unsure:

Never really rated Eidur as high as others do and feel he hasn't been the same since he missed that critical chance against Liverpool in the champs league semi in 05. But Sam knows his game well and he could definately do a job for us. I just feel that last season we really lacked physical presence and fitness so I'm just looking forward to the big african and african-french guys to come and shake up the squad.

P.S. Shola will impress Sam out in Austria and will then prove all you haters wrong next season!

Viduka

Barton

Rozenhal

Edmilson

got rid of the flotsam

Aye and the Skunkers ITK reckons we are def in talks with Gudjohnson and Beye is giving us an answer on Monday.

So far he has predicted and got right Sibierski, Rossi, Roeders sacking/resignation and Allardyce's appointment (said this would happen after the Citeh game), Barton, Viduka and Rozehnal. 100% record.

Not overly pleased by these transfers but at least there are some more bodies possibly on their way. Always considered Edmilson a 'luxury' defender and worried that he might not adapt well to the prem but maybe Sam wants him to do a Campo sort of job. Very good with the ball and vast experience of reading the game, and a World Cup winner also ;) Though so was Roque Junior....

I guess I am just expecting us to spend bigger now that Ashley is here and when there are players such as A. Diarra available for 5-6 million I think we should be looking at this. Maybe he wants to bring in Edmilson (even an injured one) if he wants to bring in another brazilian and help him settle in. BRING ON ADRIANO bahahhahahaha! Get Big Sam's psychologist on and rid him of the infamous paddy k party syndrome

You rate Ameobi yet you're 'not overly pleased' with the prospect of Edmilson and Eidur? :huh:

Never really rated Eidur as high as others do and feel he hasn't been the same since he missed that critical chance against Liverpool in the champs league semi in 05. But Sam knows his game well and he could definately do a job for us. I just feel that last season we really lacked physical presence and fitness so I'm just looking forward to the big african and african-french guys to come and shake up the squad.

P.S. Shola will impress Sam out in Austria and will then prove all you haters wrong next season!

I can understand why some people like and stand up for Shola but if you rate him higher than Gudjohnsen you're quite clearly a fucking nutter :unsure:

Viduka

Barton

Rozenhal

Edmilson

got rid of the flotsam

So far he has predicted and got right Sibierski, Rossi, Roeders sacking/resignation and Allardyce's appointment (said this would happen after the Citeh game), Barton, Viduka and Rozehnal. 100% record.

Who is Skunker?

Viduka

Barton

Rozenhal

Edmilson

got rid of the flotsam

Who is Skunker?

:huh:

we don't ask that question.. it's too dangerous.. think Keyser Söze with a mean streak ! :unsure:

Viduka

Barton

Rozenhal

Edmilson

got rid of the flotsam

Who is Skunker?

It's a messageboard which the aforementioned source posts on http://www.skunkers.net/Reunited/index.php?

From what I have seen on youTube, Football Manager, ProEvo and Watching no games with either player in

I can honestly say (hand on my heart) this is an awesome deal for the club

:unsure:

Not overly pleased by these transfers but at least there are some more bodies possibly on their way. Always considered Edmilson a 'luxury' defender and worried that he might not adapt well to the prem but maybe Sam wants him to do a Campo sort of job. Very good with the ball and vast experience of reading the game, and a World Cup winner also ;) Though so was Roque Junior....

You rate Ameobi yet you're 'not overly pleased' with the prospect of Edmilson and Eidur? :huh:

I can understand why some people like and stand up for Shola but if you rate him higher than Gudjohnsen you're quite clearly a fucking nutter :unsure:

I don't rate him higher than Gudjohnsen because clearly he hasn't achieved what the G-man has or had as much time in a first team but I will not be overly impressed if we lose Martins for 13 mill and sign Gudjohnsen for 8-10 mill. I'd rather Gudjohnsen than Owen tbh as I feel he would add more to the team.

I find it strange when people say they expect better signings than Edmilson. Who do they expect us to sign? The likes of Terry, Cannavaro and Puyol? I think some get a bit deluded by the take-over...

Edited by Isegrim

I find it strange when say they expect better signings than Edmilson. Who do they expect us to sign? The likes of Terry, Cannavaro and Puyol? I think some get a bit deluded by the take-over...

Oh no, look, here comes the Truth-o-copter

I find it strange when say they expect better signings than Edmilson. Who do they expect us to sign? The likes of Terry, Cannavaro and Puyol? I think some get a bit deluded by the take-over...

Spot on. People have to understand that money doesn't equal the best players, as the Mackem's are finding out now. If you've got no Europe, no real chance of winning a trophy in the next season or two then no one really big will want to join. Chelsea was a freak takeover, they threw money about like nobodies business.

Still think it's wierd that we're signing a player who will be injured for another six months.

Agreed, but I guess it depends on the terms of the agreement.