Major Terror Attack Foiled In London

ewerk

it went overboard as per usual. I was at one of our sites near Old Street today and couldn't get to the office for nearly 30 mins because someone had left an Argos carrier full of clothes in the street and it was a 'suspicious package'

Full bomb squad turned up :lol:

yet I suppose you would have sauntered over to it, looked inside, and declared the all clear?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LONDON BOMB 'NOT SCARY ENOUGH', BROWN TELLS MI5

PRIME Minister Gordon Brown has dismissed the latest London bomb scare as "feeble" and "unlikely to frighten the public".

Brown compared MI5 to the cast of 'Police Academy'Mr Brown is understood to be disappointed with MI5's effort, describing it as "half-arsed and transparent".

A source close to Brown said: "The PM wanted to start things off by scaring the absolute, holy s*** out of people.

"A badly driven Merc with a couple of gas bottles in the back does not cut the mustard.

"We asked for Arabic literature on the passenger seat, a map of Whitehall with big red crosses on it and a huge controlled explosion on live television. Someone will be getting their backside felt for this."

The source added: "We're trying to introduce ID cards, imprisonment without trial and swingeing restrictions on freedom of speech.

"We wouldn't be able to force through new parking regulations on the back of this pile of arse."

Police say they are looking for "a man" in connection with the incident in London's Haymarket.

:lol:

Almost amateur.

it went overboard as per usual. I was at one of our sites near Old Street today and couldn't get to the office for nearly 30 mins because someone had left an Argos carrier full of clothes in the street and it was a 'suspicious package'

Full bomb squad turned up :outahere:

yet I suppose you would have sauntered over to it, looked inside, and declared the all clear?

....better to light joshsticks and do a little hippie dance surely..? :lol:

They found a 2nd car bomb last night, this one was towed away for parking illegally. I mean FOR FUCKS SAKE! These terrorist 'masterminds' can figure out how to construct a deadly bomb from barbeque materials yet can't figure out what a double yellow line means? They really have let their standards slip.

They found a 2nd car bomb last night, this one was towed away for parking illegally. I mean FOR FUCKS SAKE! These terrorist 'masterminds' can figure out how to construct a deadly bomb from barbeque materials yet can't figure out what a double yellow line means? They really have let their standards slip.

Sounds like they were meant to be found.

Exploding tanks of fuel is not easy and doesn't cause much of an explosion just a bit of a fireball.

Exploding tanks of fuel is not easy and doesn't cause much of an explosion just a bit of a fireball.

Ooooooooooooh hark at Red Adair here :lol:

Ooooooooooooh hark at Red Adair here :lol:

:outahere:

I despair at the public these days. A nation that lived through the days of the ira now cowering over a car with some petrol in it or whatever. What next? Take baked beans off the shelf? <_<

I dunno there were pressurized gas canisters as well, and they do go off not just like a bomb, but AS a bomb.

In fact they are basically a bomb you can buy, the trick is getting them to go off (which is probably where the other stuff comes in),

I dunno there were pressurized gas canisters as well, and they do go off not just like a bomb, but AS a bomb.

In fact they are basically a bomb you can buy, the trick is getting them to go off (which is probably where the other stuff comes in),

This is a laugh...

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/6/29/11274/0754

You know what you call a vehicle with 50 gallons of gas? A Cadillac Escalade. The media meltdown over this incident is simply shameful.

For starters, gasoline is not a high explosive. If we were talking 50 pounds of Semtex or the Al Qaeda standby, TATP, I would be impressed. Those are real high explosives with a detonation rate in excess of 20,000 feet per second. Gasoline can explode (just ask former owners of a Ford Pinto) but it is first and foremost an incediary. If the initial reports are true, the clown driving the Mercedes was a rank amateur when it comes to constructing an Improvised Explosive Device aka IED. Unlike a Hollywood flick the 50 gallons of gas would not have shredded the Mercedes into lethal chunks of flying shrapenal.

The fact that "officers courageously disabled the trigger by hand" coupled with the report of the smoke in the car leads me to believe that the mad London "bomber" tried to construct a Molotov cocktail of sorts and lit a cloth fuze. Fortunately he left the windows in the car up and there was not enough oxygen to really get the fire going. Looks like the brave British police reached in and snuffed the flame.

Judging from the overreaction to this non-incident I think we can safely conclude that Osama Bin Laden will remain holed up in Pakistan and let the fear mongers at CNN, MSNBC, and FOX do the dirty business of scaring the shit out of people."

Edited by Parky

This is a laugh...

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/6/29/11274/0754

You know what you call a vehicle with 50 gallons of gas? A Cadillac Escalade. The media meltdown over this incident is simply shameful.

For starters, gasoline is not a high explosive. If we were talking 50 pounds of Semtex or the Al Qaeda standby, TATP, I would be impressed. Those are real high explosives with a detonation rate in excess of 20,000 feet per second. Gasoline can explode (just ask former owners of a Ford Pinto) but it is first and foremost an incediary. If the initial reports are true, the clown driving the Mercedes was a rank amateur when it comes to constructing an Improvised Explosive Device aka IED. Unlike a Hollywood flick the 50 gallons of gas would not have shredded the Mercedes into lethal chunks of flying shrapenal.

The fact that "officers courageously disabled the trigger by hand" coupled with the report of the smoke in the car leads me to believe that the mad London "bomber" tried to construct a Molotov cocktail of sorts and lit a cloth fuze. Fortunately he left the windows in the car up and there was not enough oxygen to really get the fire going. Looks like the brave British police reached in and snuffed the flame.

Judging from the overreaction to this non-incident I think we can safely conclude that Osama Bin Laden will remain holed up in Pakistan and let the fear mongers at CNN, MSNBC, and FOX do the dirty business of scaring the shit out of people."

Aye petrol isn't a massive explosive, but the big difference with gas is that it's usually highly pressurized and contains a lot more explosive potential.

If you've seen even a small gas bottle go off you'll know what I mean.

I'd guess the petrol part was meant either as an igniter, or possibly to be flung by the gas blast and then ignite surrounding things (which is something it is good at).

Burning Car In Airport Terminal

Updated: 16:18, Saturday June 30, 2007

A 4x4 jeep has driven into the terminal building at Glasgow airport and caught fire, police have confirmed.

Witnesses reported hearing a series of loud "bangs" and saw a man on fire.

The scene

One, James Edgar, told Sky News: "People were running past like they has missed their flight.

"They told us all to get out of the airport.

"Everyone was in a panic and police and security were scuffling with an Asian gentleman."

It is thought two men had been in the Cherokee jeep and one of their clothes caught fire.

Sky's Mark White said: "This is a significant incident.

"There are reports that the occupant or occupants of this vehicle have been seen fighting with police inside the terminal building."

Another possible attack?

A 4x4 jeep has driven into the terminal building at Glasgow airport and caught fire, police have confirmed.

The scene

One, James Edgar, told Sky News: "People were running past like they has missed their flight.

"Everyone was in a panic and police and security were scuffling with an Asian gentleman."

It is thought two men had been in the Cherokee jeep and one of their clothes caught fire.

"There are reports that the occupant or occupants of this vehicle have been seen fighting with police inside the terminal building."

Another possible attack?

Another al keeda attack foiled. :lol:

The scene

Another possible attack?

Another al keeda attack foiled. :lol:

You Al Kidder me surely?

Wonder if this has any connection?

* Click *

Car on fire crashes into airport

Fire at airport

The car was ablaze before crashing into the building

A car on fire has been driven at the main terminal building at Glasgow Airport, police have confirmed.

Eyewitnesses have described a Jeep Cherokee being driven at speed towards the building with flames coming out from underneath.

They have also described seeing two Asian men, one of whom was on fire, who had been in the car.

The airport has been evacuated and all flights suspended following the incident at 1515 BST.

A Whitehall spokesman said the incident was not being treated as a national security threat.

One eyewitness said: "I heard the sound of a car's wheels spinning and smoke coming out.

There was an Asian guy who was pulled out of the car by two police officers

Richard Gray

Eyewitness

"I saw a Jeep Cherokee apparently as if it was trying to get right through the doors into the terminal building.

"There were flames coming out from underneath then some men appeared from in amongst the flames.

"The police ran over and the people started fighting with the police. I then heard what sounded like an explosion."

Eye-witness Richard Gray told BBC News 24: "A green Jeep was in the middle of the doorway burning.

Map showing the airport location

The incident happened 1515 BST on Saturday

"There was an Asian guy who was pulled out of the car by two police officers, who he was trying to fight off. They've got him on the ground.

"The car didn't actually explode. There were a few pops and bangs which presumably was the petrol."

Taxi driver Ian Crosby said: "This was no accident. This was a deliberate attack on Glasgow Airport."

The reaction of members of the public was not to help the men in the car, but to restrain them, he told the BBC.

Mr Crosby, who said he served in Northern Ireland, told how he shepherded people away from the scene in case of a secondary explosion or a nail-bomb.

Two men, one of whom was reported to be badly burned, were seen being led away in handcuffs.

Wonder if this has any connection?

* Click *

Car on fire crashes into airport

Fire at airport

The car was ablaze before crashing into the building

A car on fire has been driven at the main terminal building at Glasgow Airport, police have confirmed.

Eyewitnesses have described a Jeep Cherokee being driven at speed towards the building with flames coming out from underneath.

They have also described seeing two Asian men, one of whom was on fire, who had been in the car.

The airport has been evacuated and all flights suspended following the incident at 1515 BST.

A Whitehall spokesman said the incident was not being treated as a national security threat.

One eyewitness said: "I heard the sound of a car's wheels spinning and smoke coming out.

There was an Asian guy who was pulled out of the car by two police officers

Richard Gray

Eyewitness

"I saw a Jeep Cherokee apparently as if it was trying to get right through the doors into the terminal building.

"There were flames coming out from underneath then some men appeared from in amongst the flames.

"The police ran over and the people started fighting with the police. I then heard what sounded like an explosion."

Eye-witness Richard Gray told BBC News 24: "A green Jeep was in the middle of the doorway burning.

Map showing the airport location

The incident happened 1515 BST on Saturday

"There was an Asian guy who was pulled out of the car by two police officers, who he was trying to fight off. They've got him on the ground.

"The car didn't actually explode. There were a few pops and bangs which presumably was the petrol."

Taxi driver Ian Crosby said: "This was no accident. This was a deliberate attack on Glasgow Airport."

The reaction of members of the public was not to help the men in the car, but to restrain them, he told the BBC.

Mr Crosby, who said he served in Northern Ireland, told how he shepherded people away from the scene in case of a secondary explosion or a nail-bomb.

Two men, one of whom was reported to be badly burned, were seen being led away in handcuffs.

These are getting more wildly obscure by the minute...

"Seagull swoops on Brighton pavillion."

Gordon Brown hiring Asians to drive into airports, what next! :lol:

See there you go again. You make summat up in your head and then pretend it's what people are saying. :outahere:

Whoever hired them I'd be asking for me money back.

Edited by Parky

See there you go again. You make summat up in your head and then pretend it's what people are saying. <_<

Suppose its better than just making stuff up in your head Parky :outahere:

Gordon Brown hiring Asians to drive into airports, what next! :outahere:

See there you go again. You make summat up in your head and then pretend it's what people are saying. :drinks:

Suppose its better than just making stuff up in your head Parky <_<

:lol:

See there you go again. You make summat up in your head and then pretend it's what people are saying. <_<

Perky doesnt make stuff up in his head, the pixies tell it to him

Perky doesnt make stuff up in his head, the pixies tell it to him

I know too much tbh.