Major Terror Attack Foiled In London

ewerk

it went overboard as per usual. I was at one of our sites near Old Street today and couldn't get to the office for nearly 30 mins because someone had left an Argos carrier full of clothes in the street and it was a 'suspicious package'

Full bomb squad turned up :lol:

yet I suppose you would have sauntered over to it, looked inside, and declared the all clear?

Not at all and you're missing my point. A carrier bag of clothes dumped in a street in East London is not that rare. 99% of the time it gets ignored yet yesterday, they set the bomb squad on it.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been announced that the terror level is now "CRITICAL"

cue Parky, Fop and Rob pouring scorn on the government and intelligence services. :outahere:

Its official, we have reached "Panic" status.

:lol:

You know maybe the likes of Parky is right, maybe this country is just overprotecting us and maybe there should be no such thing as a Terror level or stuff on the news. Then we could just look after ourselves.

We could even monitor these things through a series of threads on here.

Such as:

Poll - What should I do?

"Ive noticed that a large truck has been parked for 2 hours outside Eldon Square, it seems to be full of fertiliser and ticking, what should I do?"

a ) nick it

b ) call the police

c ) grab some of the fertiliser to put on me roses

d ) Phone the coppers

e ) 50 Cent

We could have our own threat levels with a dedicated firefox extension and the status showing on the toontastic front page.

1 - Hide

2 - Brown trouser moment

etcetcetc

cue Parky, Fop and Rob pouring scorn on the government and intelligence services. :lol:

Huh? I've never said anything about this exact subject.

Although I do fail to see how ID cards would make the slightest bit of different to any of these 3 bombing attempts (or either of the London ones).

Maybe I'm missing something obvious? Care to explain how they would stop it?

The terrorists probably chose to carry out the attacks now because the government is at it's weakest for a long time due to the new PM and new cabinet.Worked well hasn't it?

It's just a good time to try and make a statement, although I'm not sure what statement they've really achieved, probably not the one they were aiming at.

You know maybe the likes of Parky is right, maybe this country is just overprotecting us and maybe there should be no such thing as a Terror level or stuff on the news. Then we could just look after ourselves.

Such as:

Poll - What should I do?

"Ive noticed that a large truck has been parked for 2 hours outside Eldon Square, it seems to be full of fertiliser and ticking, what should I do?"

a ) nick it

b ) call the police

d ) Phone the coppers

e ) 50 Cent

f) smoke a fag in the closest pub?

cue Parky, Fop and Rob pouring scorn on the government and intelligence services. :lol:

Although I do fail to see how ID cards would make the slightest bit of different to any of these 3 bombing attempts (or either of the London ones).

I cant remember mentioning ID cards at all.

I do however see how ID cards can help in the fight on terrorism overall and closer to home in Benefit Fraud.

I cant remember mentioning ID cards at all.

I do however see how ID cards can help in the fight on terrorism overall and closer to home in Benefit Fraud.

Or the intelligence service for that matter, or even the government on this matter other than their obvious fuck ups.

But ID cards will do little to nothing to stop terrorism, especially from those with quite legitimate reasons to be here (British born, residence, working visa or asylum).

"Terror" is just the stick (scare tactics and lies again really) being used to push them though.

Although I'm not so bothered about the ID card as such (if it were say just a retina scan, something that can prove your ID 100% but used for little else), so much as they Governments admitted intention to use them to build a UK wide fingerprint database they can trawl, much like their current push to build a UK wide DNA database by stealth (and yes if your DNA has been taken to "eliminate" you from a crime scene etc. [be it a murder or a burglary in your own house] your DNA is likely to have been kept and held, even if you specifically asked for it to be removed).

The ID cards are just another step along the road to a complete surveillance society (something Nu Blabour seem obsessed with creating).

Guest alex

I think ID cards will be very expensive and I'm not convinced they're going to do much good in terms of stopping 'homegrown' terrorists as in the case of 7/7 and, quite possibly the latest attacks. And I'm not one to buy into some of the more off-the-wall conspiracy theories but I'm cynical enough to think there may be an agenda other than public safety or prevention of benefit fraud behind the proposed scheme.

Edited by alex

I think ID cards will be very expensive and I'm not convinced they're going to do much good in terms of stopping 'homegrown' terrorists as in the case of 7/7 and, quite possibly the latest attacks. And I'm not one to buy into some of the more off the wall conspiracy theories but I'm cynical enough to think there may be an agenda other public safety or prevention of benefit fraud behind them.

They will do nothing for either "homegrown" or any other terrorism in this country, it's not exactly difficult for almost anyone to come and live here legally (and it's not like they confirm your identity as who you are when you get here, only that you don't change it [for stuff like benefits anyway - most other things you could] once already here...... so basically we might not paid terrorist more benefits than they "deserve"... wonderful, one in the eye for world terrorism there! :outahere: ).

But there's no conspiracy theory about ID cards and a finger print data base.

The government repeatedly denied it would be used by this 2-3 times in an official questions asked and answered in parliament.

Then eventually the admitted that yes they WOULD be used for this.

That's not so much a conspiracy as a damning indictment of how much and how seriously this government try to mislead the public. :lol:

Edited by Fop

Guest alex

I love fop's bolded and capitalised words for emphasis btw.

Is there such a word as bolded?

But yeah I always assume it's needed. <_<

Bit NoTW for my liking :outahere::lol:

Not sure if bolded is a word actually. Probably not.

I love fop's bolded and capitalised words for emphasis btw.

Is there such a word as bolded?

But yeah I always assume it's needed. :drinks:

Bit NoTW for my liking <_<:outahere:

Not sure if bolded is a word actually. Probably not.

Well in my defence I don't title them "Phew what a scorcher!!!" (very often at least) :lol:

Guest alex

Just kidding anyway. I find it quite funny though. I'm just getting the subtle nuances between words with italics, words in bold and capitalised words in bold :lol:

Such as:

Poll - What should I do?

a ) nick it

b ) call the police

d ) Phone the coppers

e ) 50 Cent

Can't we leave Meenzer out of this?

Such as:

Poll - What should I do?

a ) nick it

b ) call the police

d ) Phone the coppers

e ) 50 Cent

Can't we leave Meenzer out of this?

"Panic on the streets of London

Panic on the streets of Birmingham

I wonder to myself

Could life ever be sane again ?

The Leeds side-streets that you slip down

I wonder to myself

Hopes may rise on the Grasmere

But Honey Pie, you're not safe here

So you run down

To the safety of the town

But there's Panic on the streets of Carlisle

Dublin, Dundee, Humberside

I wonder to myself....

Burn down the disco

Hang the blessed DJ

Because the music that they constantly play

IT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT MY LIFE

Hang the blessed DJ

Because the music they constantly play

On the Leeds side-streets that you slip down

Provincial towns you jog 'round

Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ

HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ

HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ

HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ

HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ

HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ

HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ

HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ

HANG THE DJ"

Ralf Emerson Waldo Morrissey.

kisses from LA.

Edited by Parky

Love this.....

".....The UK has moved to its highest level of terror alert - critical - after a Jeep Cherokee believed to have contained gas cylinders crashed into the main doors of Glasgow Airport's main terminal and burst into flames......"

_42448734_glasgowgetty.jpg

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6258062.stm

They only believe it contained gas canisters? So what the hell are those in the foreground on the photo?? :lol:

Burn down the disco

Hang the blessed DJ

Hang the blessed DJ

I believe that was one of the plots wasnt it? Ministry of Sound?

Oh and what was with the "kisses from LA bit?"

Burn down the disco

Hang the blessed DJ

Hang the blessed DJ

I believe that was one of the plots wasnt it? Ministry of Sound?

Oh and what was with the "kisses from LA bit?"

That bit was probably more important in what Mozza was trying to get across.

My main grind with the media and its nothing to do with coverage of some nutters trying to ram buildings with gas cannisters or whatever...Is the way they manage month after month to avoid talking about the real issues that face us as a country. And having studied it in the past how this agenda is unfolded purposefully to keep us distracted and worried.

Edited by Parky