electronica stuff

tinofbeans

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't get it, i'm a few months from the big four-oh and i still consider myself to be 'young', but i don't understand dubstep, or why it is so popular. now i'm not saying it's ALL shite, but the post above says melodic uplifting dubstep, but its not, sure it is melodic and uplifting, until the dubstep kicks in.

this year at shambhala, every major act that played the fractal forest (the funkiest place on earth) played a dubstep track which just seemed out of place.

i have come to the conclusion that i am in fact not young anymore, and fall into the decrepitly confused category (LM i'm sorry for any misunderstanding we may have previously had, i get it now :icon_lol: )

but i am not alone in my opinion about dubstep and what it sounds like to me...

exhibit A(about halfway through)

i don't get it, i'm a few months from the big four-oh and i still consider myself to be 'young', but i don't understand dubstep, or why it is so popular. now i'm not saying it's ALL shite, but the post above says melodic uplifting dubstep, but its not, sure it is melodic and uplifting, until the dubstep kicks in.

this year at shambhala, every major act that played the fractal forest (the funkiest place on earth) played a dubstep track which just seemed out of place.

i have come to the conclusion that i am in fact not young anymore, and fall into the decrepitly confused category (LM i'm sorry for any misunderstanding we may have previously had, i get it now :D )

but i am not alone in my opinion about dubstep and what it sounds like to me...

exhibit A(about halfway through)

I think dubstep is perhaps explained by the kids' drug of choice these days - ketamine.

When everyone was on the eccies the popular 'underground' dance music was considerably more accessible imo, reflecting the effects of the drug.

Have some K then, you old bastard. <_<

'Wump wump' is the sound of a k-hole. Not to say you cant enjoy a bit of dubstep on the Gary Abletts you just need to pay attention to not looking like a complete prick as you roll-out moves learned at hardcore raves in the early 90s.

Listening to Bruno Pronsato's Lovers Do and the new InFiné remix album (Rone, Aufgang, Agoria etc).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like that a lot. They've got a new album out April 1st apparently (hope that's not a joke). First one in 8 years. Produced by Flood who did some class stuff with Depeche Mode amongst others.

• 2 weeks later...

Some excellent taste in this thread here.

I am a massive fan of FSOL, Orbital, Autchre, Royksopp, Boards of Canada and countless others.

My reason for posting here really though is because I also dabble a bit with production, and yesterday I finished my first track of 2012 and would be interested in any views on it.

Given some of the previous mentioned artists, I reckon you'll be a tough crowd, but here goes nothing -

(can I ask a favour though, if you don't have your PC set up with speakers, please use headphones as laptop speakers are wank)

http://soundcloud.com/projectseven/kingdom-projectseven

cheers,

D