electronica stuff

tinofbeans

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just need Chez's list and I'll hoy up the official TT electronic top 30 of all time. :)

Its taken a while as i've been deciding on which Tangerine Dream album deserves a spot. Their catalogue is enormous but i think Rubycon will be on it, mainly because how ahead of its time it was.

Also, can i include Inner City's Testament 93? Deserves a spot even if it is a remix album.

Just need Chez's list and I'll hoy up the official TT electronic top 30 of all time. :)

Its taken a while as i've been deciding on which Tangerine Dream album deserves a spot. Their catalogue is enormous but i think Rubycon will be on it, mainly because how ahead of its time it was.

Also, can i include Inner City's Testament 93? Deserves a spot even if it is a remix album.

Put it in bro. :)

Good to see TD getting some representation.

http://www.ilxor.com/ILX/ThreadSelectedControllerServlet?boardid=41&threadid=58114

http://echoesblog.wordpress.com/2010/02/17/ten-tangerine-dream-albums-to-blow-your-mind/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIm66iIBrz8

I was thinking about including the One Dove album Morning White Love but thinking back it wasnt the actual album that was so special it was all the remixes, Weatherall's amazing mix of Breakdown, the William Orbit mixes of Fallen and of course the Slam mix of White Love which is an utter stone cold fucking classic. All 15 minutes of it :lol:

I considered that one too. As you say the remixes were great but it's a very good album too. Having said that it's all about Weatherall's production as that's what gives the album its distinctive sound. And if I were to include that I'd probably make a better case for having Screamadelica on the list anyway. I sort of thought that was getting beyond Parky's remit (I sought clarification btw :lol: ) so basically opted with keeping it (more or less) strictly techno. I thought about Bjork's first album as well.

Everyones got to do the list they are most comfortable with as 'electronica' is such a broad label. Especially nowadays with classical / electronic collaborations becoming more common. I'm going broad/classic and trying to bridge the gap between the genres. Inner City's Housey/Garagey lushness and Nu Yorican Soul to The Streets Original Pirate Material and Burial's Untrue. Its like threads and i may need more than 20. On another side you have Neu, Kraftwerk, Carl Craig and Leftfield. There's another strand that has Tangerine Dream, System 7/Hillage, The Orb, KLF Chill out, Aphex Twin and Screamadelica if you like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

anyone into minimal stuff?

Do you like Basic Channel? Scion Arrange and Process Basic Channel Tracks is a great compilation if you like deep, dubby, minimal techno. Admittedly it's not the catchiest name for an album.