Sundays Gossip

paddy

Jose Mourinho has warned Chelsea that they must sign Frank Lampard to a new deal quickly, in order to fend off interest from Juventus and Barcelona - The Sun

Fulham are keen on Blackburn striker Jason Roberts, as are Charlton, but the former Wigan man is loath to drop down to the Championship - The Sun

Everton are eyeing summer signings, with Kieran Richardson, Phil Jagielka and Jason Koumas all on David Moyes' wish-list - The Sun

Derby are ready to follow up the capture of Robert Earnshaw with a £3million move for Sheffield United's Claude Davis - The Sun

Tottenham are to continue to spend big, with an £18million offer being readied for Chelsea duo Lassana Diarra and Shaun Wright-Phillips - The Sun

Heading in the opposite direction, out of the White Hart Lane exit door, is Tom Huddlestone - a surprise target for Reading - The Sun

Rangers target Julien Faubert has emerged as a potential new recruit for Manchester United - Daily Star

Newcastle are eager to add Eider Gudjohnsen to their ranks, with Obafemi Martins and Michael Owen the subjects of speculation - Daily Star

Sunderland are ready to pay Tottenham £8million for Jermain Defoe, with David Nugent to spurn their advances to move to Everton - Daily Express

Blackburn are ready to rival Celtic and Rangers for the signature of promising NAC Breda striker Maceo Rigters - Daily Mail

Edited by paddy

NEWCASTLE have agreed a £2m deal with Barcelona for Brazilian World Cup winner Edmilson - but a bid to also bring in Eidur Gudjohnsen from the Nou Camp is likely to be put on hold.

Toon boss Sam Allardyce flew to Spain yesterday to tie up an agreement with the versatile 30-year-old defender who will sign for the Magpies in the January transfer window.

Edmilson will now spend six months recovering his fitness after a knee operation.

Advertisement

Click here to find out more!

But while Allardyce is keen to link up with Gudjohnsen again, he has been told that he must first trim his squad, which includes six strikers.(Sunday Mirror)

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill is planning bids for Chelsea duo Shaun Wright-Phillips and Geremi, West Ham's Nigel Reo-Coker and Craig Bellamy of Liverpool. (Sunday Telegraph)

Argentine striker Carlos Tevez is a target for Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea, while current club West Ham want him to stay. (Sunday Express)

Tevez's former team-mate Javier Mascherano has not yet signed a full-time deal with Liverpool and could be on his way out of Anfield, with Man City one possible destination. (The People)

Newcastle have an eye on former Chelsea striker Eidur Gudjohnson as a replacement for either Obafemi Martins or Michael Owen - if they leave the Magpies. (Sunday Express)

Wayne Bridge and Lassana Diarra could join Newcastle target Geremi by leaving Chelsea for St James' Park - if Magpies boss Sam Allardyce gets his way. (Mail on Sunday)

England midfielder Frank Lampard could be on the way out of Chelsea after turning down an offer of £121,000 a week, which would have made him the club's highest-paid player. (News of the World)

A rift with chief administrators has made it more likely manager Arsene Wenger will leave Arsenal when his current contract expires next year. (Mail on Sunday)

Former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson will sign Italian legend Christian Vieri, who has been released by Atalanta, on a free transfer as soon as the Swede is named Manchester City manager. (News of the World)

Striker Nicholas Anelka has told friends he could rejoin Manchester City from Bolton, if Thaksin Shinawatra's takeover bid goes through, and Middlesbrough forward Yakubu could join him at Eastlands. (Mirror)

West Ham are set to complete the signing of midfielder Julien Faubert from Bordeux this week for £6m. (News of the World)

Arsenal are to table a £20m offer for Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o this week. (The People)

Barcelona 's Brazilian midfielder Thiago Motta has his sights on a Premiership move, eyeing West Ham, Chelsea, Manchester City and Middlesbrough. (Sunday Mirror)

Tell us your transfer rumours

AND FINALLY

Former England striker Rodney Marsh, who played in the United States in the 1970s, believes long-distance travel, lower-quality play and media surveillance will prevent midfielder David Beckham maintaining his England form while playing for LA Galaxy. (Mail on Sunday)

But while Allardyce is keen to link up with Gudjohnsen again, he has been told that he must first trim his squad, which includes six strikers.(Sunday Mirror)

Which 6 are they on about??

Owen, Martins, Viduka & Ameobi obviously and then it's take your pick from Carroll, LuaLua, Troisi & Luque.

If it meant the arrival of Gudjohnsen, I'd happily pack the bags of Ameobi, LuaLua, Troisi or Luque :lol:

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Wayne Bridge and Lassana Diarra could join Newcastle target Geremi by leaving Chelsea for St James' Park - if Magpies boss Sam Allardyce gets his way. (Mail on Sunday)

Surely worth highlighting....? :lol:

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Surely worth highlighting....? :lol:

Don't know what you mean !

:outahere:

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Surely worth highlighting....? :drinks:

<_<

How did you manage THAT?? :outahere:<_<:lol:

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Surely worth highlighting....? :drinks:

<_<

Time machine....

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Surely worth highlighting....? <_<

:rant:

Time machine....

1.21 gigawatts?? :drinks:

doc_brown.jpg

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Time machine....

doc_brown.jpg

Aye you need that to power the fluxcapacitor.

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Time machine....

doc_brown.jpg

And plutonium tbh

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Time machine....

doc_brown.jpg

And plutonium tbh

Can't find plutonium on supermarket shelves these days bonny-lad, we need a bolt of lightning!!!!!

Owen, Martins, Viduka & Ameobi obviously and then it's take your pick from Carroll, LuaLua, Troisi & Luque.

If it meant the arrival of Gudjohnsen, I'd happily pack the bags of Ameobi, LuaLua, Troisi or Luque :lol:

That's a good advert for our youth team, kicking young kids out who are likely to be on small wages to accommodate Gudjohnsson.

I take it you've seen enough of them to judge that they're not going to be good enough?

That's a good advert for our youth team, kicking young kids out who are likely to be on small wages to accommodate Gudjohnsson.

I take it you've seen enough of them to judge that they're not going to be good enough?

What I've seen of LuaLua I'm not at all impressed, I don't think he's anywhere near the talents of Ameobi.

Not seen enough of Troisi but by all accounts he's not going to set the world alight.

Take it you're not keen on Gudjohnsen arriving then?

What I've seen of LuaLua I'm not at all impressed, I don't think he's anywhere near the talents of Ameobi.

Not seen enough of Troisi but by all accounts he's not going to set the world alight.

Even if the two kids are promising, i think i'd live with losing one of them to get fucking Gudjohnsen in!!!

If it meant the arrival of Gudjohnsen, I'd happily pack the bags of Ameobi, LuaLua, Troisi or Luque :outahere:

Even if the two kids are promising, i think i'd live with losing one of them to get fucking Gudjohnsen in!!!

Thank fuck for that, I thought I was on a planet by myself for a second.... :lol:

If it meant the arrival of Gudjohnsen, I'd happily pack the bags of Ameobi, LuaLua, Troisi or Luque ;)

I've not seen anything of either of the young lads so I couldn't tell you how good they will be, both seem highly rated (especially Lua Lua) but we'll have to see how they turn out, I remember Souness released a young lad at Benfica to make room for his mate Michael Thomas, turned out the young lad was Deco.

I'd be disappointed if we signed Gudjohnsen to replace either Martins or Owen, he's too similar to Vilduka to form a good partnership with him and I'd go as far to say Viduka is the better player, he'd be a good replacement for Ameobi but I don't think we're in the position to keep 4 strikers of their calibre happy.