Fowler

2bias

Guest alex

He'll end up playing down here in the Jersey league for £10 and a minnie milk per week.

Do you mean an ice lolly or a wank?

It's a bit like Neil Warnock with his 'I'm leaving Sheff Utd as I want to stay in the PL' except no-one of any sound mind, including us this time, would touch him with yours. I reckon even if someone gets sacked early doors Warnock will not be offered a job in the PL. If I was him I'd swallow some pride and just accept one of the Championship jobs he's been offered.

• 3 weeks later...
Robbie Fowler has agreed to join Cardiff on a two-year contract.

The 32-year-old striker was released by Liverpool at the end of last season and has rejected moves to Leicester City and Sydney FC in Australia's A-League.

Fowler will be re-united with Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale, who was in charge at Leeds when he signed from Liverpool for £11m in November 2001.

He is expected to be officially unveiled at a news conference in Cardiff early next week.

Sydney FC had hoped to lure Fowler, and chief executive George Perry said: "We're bitterly disappointed but we're satisfied we did everything we could to persuade Robbie to come.

"Robbie was tremendously impressed by what he saw in Sydney but he's chosen to go elsewhere."

Fowler travelled to Sydney for talks and admitted he had been hugely impressed with the set-up.

The former England striker's representative George Scott said: "He was incredibly impressed with them and the city. The only thing against them is that Robbie is a Premiership player and he is used to Premiership money.

"The Premiership is unique in terms of the crazy money it generates and there is nothing in the world that replicates it, not even Spain. That money is well beyond Sydney and the Australian league and we know that.

"It is really a battle between money and quality of life and believe me, quality of life counts for a lot of money. All the money in the world is not going to buy your family's happiness."

Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale was quoted on Liverpool's website as saying: "We have offered an attractive package and are hopeful Robbie will decide to come.

"Obviously I know Robbie from his days at Leeds and he's an outstanding finisher and outstanding footballer."

Fowler made his Liverpool debut as an 18-year-old in 1993, scoring 171 goals in 330 games before joining Leeds for £11m in 2001 and then Manchester City for £6m in 2003.

Fowler returned for a second spell at Anfield in January 2006, although his starting appearances were limited.

The only thing against them is that Robbie is a Premiership player and he is used to Premiership money.

The guy is one of the richest footballers around and the decision still comes down to money? Sad imo.

Edited by ewerk