• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

_38887785_congestioncameraspa203.jpg

Congestion monitoring cameras ;)

and P/P leave my jokes out of it ;)

There's the other kind too though, isn't there?

there is the actual yellow speed cameras. which are not what we are talking about (I think) :icon_lol:

hands up who didn't even bother to fucking Skim read that behemoth

;)

Like one of your posts you mean? ;)

that'll explain why you jump to so many conclusions :icon_lol:

_38887785_congestioncameraspa203.jpg

Congestion monitoring cameras ;)

and P/P leave my jokes out of it ;)

There's the other kind too though, isn't there?

there is the actual yellow speed cameras. which are not what we are talking about (I think) :icon_lol:

Actually, it was what Peasepud was on about, I think.

All I was saying is that there is a camera (of the type I posted a pic of) which is a speed camera at the point where you leave the Coast Road for Benfield Road if you are heading east. Which seems to match SMOs description of its location.

If thats the camera SMO's on about then its 100% definitely a speed one, if Mr Bobby has gone through it numerous times at speeds over 50mph and not got a ticket then hes either very lucky, proven its a dummy camera or about to get banned!

We (I) seem to be at cross purposes here. The camera that you posted a picture of has been there for at least a year. Those two are definatley speed cameras.

When the smooth man said new cameras I thought he was indeed referrring to the new cameras which have been recently installed on the coast road some situated by the slip road onto Benfield road and some on the slip road approaching wills factory this are congestion cameras.

Billy Mill

name a large island 3 miles of the north easy coast? 5, 4 and 10 letters

Billy Mill Roundabout ;)

Guest alex

I don't get it.

Traffic Island

Trent boy ;)

I did think that. Only it isn't a traffic island and it isn't three miles off the North East coast. Apart from that though.

I don't get it.

Traffic Island

Trent boy ;)

I did think that. Only it isn't a traffic island and it isn't three miles off the North East coast. Apart from that though.

I'm an artist work with me ;)

Why does the fish get soo much stick? Seems like a good lad tbh ;)

"Fishing" is a much enjoyed sport in these parts. Think of it as a replacement for fox hunting or badger baiting.

Confusion reigns! The big fuck off yellow ones are speed cameras, I remember there was hoo-har cos they'd not been switched on for the first 6 months they were installed and they were wondering why they hadn't collected any fines!

Until someone can conclusively prove to me that the small black ones aren't speed cameras then I'm the bastard in the black Zafira on the Coast road doing 20 mph!

Confusion reigns! The big fuck off yellow ones are speed cameras, I remember there was hoo-har cos they'd not been switched on for the first 6 months they were installed and they were wondering why they hadn't collected any fines!

Until someone can conclusively prove to me that the small black ones aren't speed cameras then I'm the bastard in the black Zafira on the Coast road doing 20 mph!

well im shittin now, because I passed the speed camera at Benfield Road then put my foot down at 4am this morning!

Still believe though that they have to tell you its an average speed trap. Also if it is then the next cameras will be before the next junction otherwise people will appear to take three weeks to travel half a mile!

The yellow ones speed cameras. The average speed ones that you get on motorways are called something like SPECS. They are high above the lane and look like:

specs-speed-camera.jpg

I also read that you can avoid detection by them by leaving the speed "zone" in a different lane to you started. Never tested that like.

well im shittin now, because I passed the speed camera at Benfield Road then put my foot down at 4am this morning!

Still believe though that they have to tell you its an average speed trap. Also if it is then the next cameras will be before the next junction otherwise people will appear to take three weeks to travel half a mile!

A fine and 3 points will be with you soon, just got my letter through, the fuckas haven't even offered me that speed awareness course instead of the points! ;)

the large dark blue ones facing the traffic with two aeriels sticking out the top are (also) average speed cameras - you get them on the A1, the A68 and the Carlisle road for example - they are often about 10 miles apart

A fine and 3 points will be with you soon, just got my letter through, the fuckas haven't even offered me that speed awareness course instead of the points! :pray:

Think that might only be for speeding in a 30...

the large dark blue ones facing the traffic with two aeriels sticking out the top are (also) average speed cameras - you get them on the A1, the A68 and the Carlisle road for example - they are often about 10 miles apart

Kind of but they're not ones for giving you points on your licence - see here Trafficmaster

To further clarify, the cameras on the coast road that will get you points are the Yellow Truvello cameras.

The CCTV type cameras which are new and have only appeared in the last couple of months are CCTV and DO NOT measure speed. They are to monitor the flow of traffic coming out of the city centre.

They could however be linked to the police national computer and dvla and have a look to see who's driving with no road tax as they will be able to record the number plates. Thats why in the document bobbyshinton posted it mentions that these cameras are "High Quality" CCTV - so they can record number plates.

Panic Over

Why does the fish get soo much stick? Seems like a good lad tbh :pray:

"Fishing" is a much enjoyed sport in these parts. Think of it as a replacement for fox hunting or badger baiting.

fukoffyabastit <_<

Kind of but they're not ones for giving you points on your licence - see here Trafficmaster

To further clarify, the cameras on the coast road that will get you points are the Yellow Truvello cameras.

The CCTV type cameras which are new and have only appeared in the last couple of months are CCTV and DO NOT measure speed. They are to monitor the flow of traffic coming out of the city centre.

They could however be linked to the police national computer and dvla and have a look to see who's driving with no road tax as they will be able to record the number plates. Thats why in the document bobbyshinton posted it mentions that these cameras are "High Quality" CCTV - so they can record number plates.

Panic Over

Did you post that from Starburst 1?