This shock transfer....

snakehips

I wish....

Money aside, would beg the question, why here and not the numerous others he could go to before us offering a whole lot more?

Edited by JawD

Guest alex

I'd rather we shocked the world by announcing that we'd sealed some amazing transfer rather than claiming we might be about to do that.

He's going to ManU if you believe what is reported. Be a sensational buy though, regardless of cost.

Edited by Ken

Man Utd close in on striker Tevez

West Ham striker Carlos Tevez is set to join Manchester United, according to BBC Radio Five Live Sport.

It is understood talks are underway and a deal could be completed for the £20m-rated player by the weekend.

Tevez, 23, is on international duty with Argentina playing in the Copa America in Venezuela.

West Ham have said they want to keep him after he helped them survive in the Premier League last season but doubts have remained over his Hammers future.

Tevez was at the heart of the controversy surrounding his signing and that of fellow Argentine Javier Mascherano by the Upton Park club last summer.

West Ham were fined £5.5m for irregularities centering upon who owned the players' contracts.

The Hammers are still embroiled in a legal dispute with agent Kia Joorabchian, who runs the company Media Sports Investment (MSI), after the club terminated an agreement giving the rights to any transfer fee for the player during transfer windows.

Man Utd coach Ferguson has had a busy summer in the transfer market

Tevez brushed aside the problems to inspire the Hammers to an end of season run of form which helped them move out of the bottom three and secure their top-flight status.

He had found games hard to come by under former West Ham boss Alan Pardew after his signing but took on a more prominent role after Alan Curbishley took the helm in December 2006.

Tevez scored seven goals in his final 10 Premier League games last season, including the winner at Manchester United which guaranteed West Ham's survival.

He was expected to delay a decision over his future until after the Copa America finishes on 14 July but United appear to be keen to tie up a deal for the player.

Arsenal and Liverpool were also linked with Tevez, who turned down a move to Italian side Inter Milan after failing to meet a deadline they set for him to make a decision about whether to join them.

If Tevez did sign, he would join United's other summer recruits in England midfielder Owen Hargreaves, Portugal winger Nani, Brazilian midfielder Anderson and keeper Tomasz Kuszczak.

...that 'will make the football world sit up'.

Tevez to NUFC, with Dyer going the other way.

You heard it here first.

damn you snakehips!! if you had not of let this slip then fergie would not have moved so soon, and he would be ours

:pray:

I think people need to realise, that despite all of the money that we'll have to throw at the club, we're still not an attractive option compared to clubs playing the Champions League. I don't see us signing anyone of any note (which would shock the world) for a good 2 or 3 years yet.

too right shearergol.

if i were a top flight player looking to get int a decent team there's no reason not to go for playing for the toon, however i see very few world class players coming here this season. we'll have to fight to keep the one thats here (owen) unless we get a chance to go up the table.

You heard it here first.

damn you snakehips!! if you had not of let this slip then fergie would not have moved so soon, and he would be ours

<_<

Me and my big gob :) If only I had kept it shut when we were about to sign Rooney as well... :pray:

According to Talksport, it's being reported that ManUre and Kia Joorabchian have come to an agreement regarding Carlos Tevez rumoured to be in the region of £30m, without a penny going to West Ham, it is unclear if ManUre will be buying Tevez outright despite the fee.

According to Talksport, it's being reported that ManUre and Kia Joorabchian have come to an agreement regarding Carlos Tevez rumoured to be in the region of £30m, without a penny going to West Ham, it is unclear if ManUre will be buying Tevez outright despite the fee.

I'm listening as well. This whole business is a fuckin mess.

Edit: and I see that only part of my username is displayed since the upgrade! Good job I didn't choose a name like Marvellous Cockburn :pray:

Edited by Marvellous Marvin Magler

Surely that means that West Ham never owned his registration and should be relegated?

League may block Tevez move

By Peter ORourke - Created on 5 Jul 2007

The Premier League will block Carlos Tevez's proposed move to Manchester United if they are not satisfied the transfer fee will go to West Ham.

Widespread reports on Thursday suggested United are leading the chase to sign the Argentine star and that talks over a move to Old Trafford are well underway.

Tevez is considering his future, with West Ham United hoping to hang on to the Argentine after his influential end to last season.

He has suggested he is looking to join a big club over the summer, but any move to Manchester United could be blocked by the Premier League.

West Ham claim they own the registration of Tevez after the league accepted in April that the club had terminated all agreements with the player's agent Kia Joorabchian.

The Premier League are planning to keep an eye on any transfer for Tevez to ensure that West Ham keep their promise of owning his registration.

A Premier League spokesman said: "As far as we are concerned any deal to take Carlos Tevez away from West Ham has to be done directly with the club."

Tevez, who is currently away on international duty at the Copa America, has been linked with a number of clubs including United, Real Madrid and Internazionale.

The classy forward says he has received no offers for his services as yet, but that he was flattered by the interest from some of the top clubs in Europe in him.

As far as I am aware, I have not received any official offers," Tevez told Argentine newspaper Clarin.

"Once an offer arrives then we will see. But the fact that Real Madrid, Internazionale and Manchester United are interested in me makes me proud."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...ock+Tevez+move#

Seems he was never sold to West Ham, still belongs to MSI, and has now moved on a two year loan to Man Utd. SSN as we speak (alledgedly)

This whole Tevez thing stinks to high heaven.It makes Westhams' win over Man U at the end of last season looks very dodgy,doesn't it ? :D

Guest alex
Seems he was never sold to West Ham, still belongs to MSI, and has now moved on a two year loan to Man Utd. SSN as we speak (alledgedly)

This whole Tevez thing stinks to high heaven.It makes Westhams' win over Man U at the end of last season looks very dodgy,doesn't it ? :D

I hadn't thought about it but aye, just a bit.

You heard it here first.

reading evening chronicle other day was saying theres a big major signing due that will shock the world ? george best coming out of retirement :D mn you mags :D