Telephone Calls cost how much ?

Guest Toplass-101

Guest Toplass-101

Anyone know how much it is to call the UK from Oz at 9pm ish our time about 5am theirs ? and be on the phone for over and hour.

Anyone know how much it is to call the UK from Oz at 9pm ish our time about 5am theirs ? and be on the phone for over and hour.

5am???? In winter????

Do you not like the person toplass?

Go buy a phone card otherwise it will cost you a fortune.

You can get cards here that allow you to call the UK for 2c or 3c a minute, so that works out about a $1.20/hr or 50p gove or take.

Oh and it is spelt Aussie, ok?

Edited by sammynb

Guest Toplass-101

5am???? In winter????

Do you not like the person toplass?

Go buy a phone card otherwise it will cost you a fortune.

You can get cards here that allow you to call the UK for 2c or 3c a minute, so that works out about a $1.20/hr or 50p gove or take.

Oh and it is spelt Aussie, ok?

Its was yesterday morning "Aussie" time that he called, Tuesday night ours.

He is an old flame from a couple of years ago, I dont really like him or dislike him.

Going to second the 'buy a phone card' thing. There are so many that give you dirt cheap rates to Australia and you can call any time for the same call rates. Obviously I call home a lot and a £20 card will last me two months generally, and I'm a long-winded bastard. There are plenty that only cost you £5 and you'll still get about 200 or more minutes.

Oh, and 9pm here is 6am on the east coast of Australia, making 4am on the west coast.

I use First Telecom for this sort of thing. Their prepaid international call thingamyjig gives pretty good rates, and you can get access numbers to use while you're abroad as well. It's good stuff.

The Fast Reply is very post these days, isn't it? :pray: