Friday Transfer Gossip

Jimbo

TRANSFER RUMOURS

West Ham are interested in signing Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy but want to secure him for less than the Reds' £10m valuation. (Various)

But Sunderland manager Roy Keane is also ready to swoop for the Welsh striker and is ready to offer Liverpool £6m for him. (Daily Star)

Newcastle could land Barcelona's Eidur Gudjohnsen, who is happy to work again with boss Sam Allardyce. (The Sun)

Manchester City want £9m-rated Toulouse striker Johan Elmander. (The Sun)

Fulham are set to sign Leeds striker David Healy for £2m. (Daily Mirror)

Derby boss Billy Davies wants to sign Sheffield United defender Claude Davis, who he managed while he was in charge at Deepdale. (Various)

Tottenham reserve goalkeeper Tommy Forecast is set to join Gillingham on loan. (Daily Mirror)

Liverpool are still after new faces, with Roma's Alessandro Mancini, Porto's Ricardo Quaresma and Man Utd's Gabriel Heinze on the wanted list. (The Sun)

Arsenal's £6m deal for Auxerre's Bakari Sagna may be off after current Gunner Matthieu Flamini said he is happy to play right-back. (Various)

Manchester City are ready to spend £8m on Bayern Munich's 25-year-old striker Roque Santa Cruz. (Daily Star)

West Ham will make a £16m double swoop for Liverpool strike pair Djibril Cisse and Craig Bellamy. (Daily Mail)

Birmingham midfielder Stephen Clemence is wanted by Championship sides Charlton and Southampton. (Daily Mail)

Bolton midfielder Idan Tal is set for talks with Israeli champions Beitar Jerusalem. (Various)

West Ham striker Bobby Zamora is a transfer target for Reading, who are ready to pay £2.5m. (Telegraph)

Wigan are ready to pay £4.5m to secure the services of West Brom midfielder Jason Koumas. (Telegraph)

Chelsea have moved closer to completing deals for Lyon winger Florent Malouda and PSV Eindhoven's Brazilian defender Alex. (The Guardian)

Wigan are set to make a £3.2m bid for West Ham striker Marlon Harewood and are also close to signing Fulham's Michael Brown. (The Guardian)

Derby are hoping to beat West Brom and Rangers to the signature of Blackburn defender Andy Todd. (The Guardian)

Portsmouth are close to clinching a £7m deal to sign Preston striker David Nugent. (The Times)

Middlesbrough goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer could be heading for German side Bayern Munich. (The Times)

Everton have stepped up their interest in signing West Brom midfielder Jason Koumas. (The Times)

And Toffees boss David Moyes is also ready to raid Manchester United for striker Alan Smith and midfielder Kieran Richardson. (The Times)

Manchester City might be able to tempt Middlesbrough to sell striker Yakubu Ayegbeni - for £12m. (The Times)

West Ham have bid £8m plus Yossi Benayoun for Djibril Cisse, but he is keen on Marseille. (The Times)

Aberdeen and Falkirk are still in the chase for Manchester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, who has admitted his future is uncertain. (Daily Record)

OTHER GOSSIP

Arsenal have rejected Real Madrid's claims that they held talks with Arsene Wenger over their managerial vacancy. The Gunners have said the reports are completely untrue. (Various)

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon has warned manager Jose Mourinho that off-the-field squabbles must end. And he has also hinted that Mourinho will be seen as a failure if he does not lead the Blues to the Premier League title this season. (Various)

Arsenal have handed Gilberto Silva the captaincy following the departure of Thierry Henry to Barcelona. (Telegraph)

Former Fulham boss Chris Coleman says he can be a trail blazer for foreign managers abroad after being appointed as Real Sociedad boss. (Various)

AND FINALLY

Birmingham's prospective new owner Carson Yeung will urge manager Steve Bruce to sign payers from Hong Kong once he gets control of the club. Hong Kong businessman Yeung believes Hong Kong players need more opportunities. (Daily Mirror)

Quedrue as first team player would indeed be a bit uninspiring, as a back up player he would be good piece of business though. We can't expect quality players to join Newcastle and be happy to sit on the bench. The squad needs depth and players like Quedrue could provide decent cover.

Please let it be true.

What, Bellamy to sunlun ??

How long do you reckon it'd take before him and Keane went head to head?

Didn't they play together at Celtic? :D

Please let it be true.

What, Bellamy to sunlun ??

How long do you reckon it'd take before him and Keane went head to head?

Didn't they play together at Celtic? :D

yes, I think they did, 2005 season, Keane joined in the January.

Apparently the scum have had a second bid for Baines knocked back. They got him and we ended up with FQ I'd be well pissed off.

Same here. I'd be massively annoyed if they got Bellamy aswell, not because I wnt him but because I rate him.

Most people on the SMB are still living in 1993 as far as players salary goes. One even said he wouldn't give Nugent £10k

This whole "I'm glad Keane's not paying over the odds" is tedious and embarrasing. Some of them genuinely fucking believe that their current squad is good enough to stay up and they don't need to pay big wages. If they don't splash out then they're in for a bloody massive shock next season.

Most people on the SMB are still living in 1993 as far as players salary goes. One even said he wouldn't give Nugent £10k

This whole "I'm glad Keane's not paying over the odds" is tedious and embarrasing. Some of them genuinely fucking believe that their current squad is good enough to stay up and they don't need to pay big wages. If they don't splash out then they're in for a bloody massive shock next season.

It's the only reason we've attracted any player with a half decent reputation over the past few years.

It's the only reason we've attracted any player with a half decent reputation over the past few years.

Aye.

One of them last night was going on about how they'd still have their pride if they didn't pay over the odds. Fuck pride, I want a trophy :D

It worked last time so....

I would wank a dog off if we got Gudjohnsen :D

You heard it here first folks

not really, his family have heard that particular bet many many times... and the family's Golden Retreiver has never been quite the same since he started thirteen long years ago :D