Zico Hughes is off to Fulham

Guest alex

Guest alex

According to The Belfast Telegraph yesterday anyway. Along with David Healy. Is Sanchez just going to sign the whole Norn Iron team then?

nope. i think he could be an asset for fulham, lawrie sanchez. success with limited resources pretty much wehrever he's been.

as for healy, hes got a better than 1 in 2 strike rate in internationals. thats exceptional. thing is ( a bit like owen) all he does is score goals.... nothing else.

Guest alex
nope. i think he could be an asset for fulham, lawrie sanchez. success with limited resources pretty much wehrever he's been.

as for healy, hes got a better than 1 in 2 strike rate in internationals. thats exceptional. thing is ( a bit like owen) all he does is score goals.... nothing else.

I've been quite impressed with Healy when I've seen him. Would certainly be good back-up at least. Hughes is pretty ordinary though imo. Problem is, he isn't good enough going forward when he plays full-back and isn't strong enough to play centre-half. Reads the game well when he plays in the middle though. First class attitude as well.

I've been quite impressed with Healy when I've seen him. Would certainly be good back-up at least. Hughes is pretty ordinary though imo. Problem is, he isn't good enough going forward when he plays full-back and isn't strong enough to play centre-half. Reads the game well when he plays in the middle though. First class attitude as well.

Healy is a bit of a Lampard in reverse, he's great for his country but doesn't display the same form for his club as often, I know a few Leeds fans that can't wait to see the back of him and my Norwich friends said he looked terrible when he was on loan with them a couple of years back, he can clearly be a good player when he wants it but the question is, when does he want it ? Maybe Sanchez knows how to get the best out of him.

must admit i always liked hughes - not a brilliant defender but prtty good i thought.

seemed to go about his job as quietly and professionally as possible.

£1m was a decent price considering his versatlity.

Villa fans (well the one on N-O at least) is absolutely over the moon they got rid. He thought Hughes was worse than shit. Spoke about him worse than most speak about Carr or Baba :D