Live Earth

Radgina

Only bit I caught was Chris Rock saying "motherfucker" after no-one laughed at his Paris Hilton gag.

Cut back to the studio straight away, how dare a man of colour swear on the BB bloody C! I hope he was severly reprimanded!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ricky Gervais and Jonothan Ross laughed it off and told him about Big Brother.

He'll get away with it, though, because he is allowed to say it because he is black.[/General View]

careful now...black or coloured...I got into bother with this a while ago ,,,,

Painted man?

euphemism ??????????????

No just another name for a black/coloured man, stolen off Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, where the witch goes, "A painted man haunts my dreams".

aahhhhh....with you now ...

Ricky Gervais and Jonothan Ross laughed it off and told him about Big Brother.

He'll get away with it, though, because he is allowed to say it because he is black.[/General View]

careful now...black or coloured...I got into bother with this a while ago ,,,,

Into bother with what?

Painted man?

euphemism ??????????????

No just another name for a black/coloured man, stolen off Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, where the witch goes, "A painted man haunts my dreams".

You can be my maid marion anytime pet.

Painted man?

euphemism ??????????????

You can be my maid marion anytime pet.

:icon_lol:

I was there for it (under duress. :icon_lol: ). It was alreet, I liked the new Wembley. Didn't like their prices for drink/food though (7 quid for a scabby portion of horrible chips with chicken bits). The concert went on far too long - imagine 9 hours sat in your seat at St. James'. Nicked off after two of Madonna's songs cos didn't fancy trying to get the tube as 65,000 people descended on the station.

Some of the acts were decent, some were truly dreadful. Kasabian for instance. Unmitigated shite. Am I right in thinking that there are people on this board who admit to liking this lot?! :icon_lol:

A diamond has appeared from the rough in the form of Foo Fighters.

Yeah, they've been good and the BBC has managed to show their whole set!

Yes they were good but Dave Grohl's hair was really pissing me off :icon_lol: It was hanging all over his face, that would annoy the hell out of me.

Cutting away when Metallica started Enter Sandman was unbelievable :icon_lol: BBC channel 302 (freeview) were interactive, you could choose which country you wanted to watch, maybe the whole Metallica set was on there to see, I'm not sure.

Edited by Toonraider

They didn't show the clips from other countries until between the live acts at Wembley. Which is when most people went to the bar/for a piss. Think yourselves lucky though if this meant that you didn't have to sit through TWO songs by Shakira ffs.

I was there for it (under duress. :icon_lol: ). It was alreet, I liked the new Wembley. Didn't like their prices for drink/food though (7 quid for a scabby portion of horrible chips with chicken bits). The concert went on far too long - imagine 9 hours sat in your seat at St. James'. Nicked off after two of Madonna's songs cos didn't fancy trying to get the tube as 65,000 people descended on the station.

Some of the acts were decent, some were truly dreadful. Kasabian for instance. Unmitigated shite. Am I right in thinking that there are people on this board who admit to liking this lot?! :icon_lol:

What happened? Erasure cancel at the last minute like?

Oh shite! I missed it. :icon_lol: I spent the day bombing around UK in my 4x4 only to get home and find I had left the heating on all day as well as the tumble dryer. I hope Madge doesn't mind me making global warming that little bit worse.

Utter, utter shite.

Guest alex
By the way, my attendance at the concert pretty much sets me apart as Toontastic's premier eco-warrior.

Did you fly down there by any chance? :icon_lol:

My carbon footprint's fucking massive like.

By the way, my attendance at the concert pretty much sets me apart as Toontastic's premier eco-warrior.

Did you fly down there by any chance? :icon_lol:

My carbon footprint's fucking massive like.

Certainly not! I got the train. :icon_lol:

Simon Le Bon was, I assume, trying to make a point about some of his fellow artists though, mincing on stage and shouting "Hands up if you DIDN'T get here on a private jet!". Obviously all of the crowd plus Duran Duran put their hands up. Dunno who he was having a dig at like.

Duran Duran btw. Jesus wept! <_<