Football Manager 2008

Greg

How much do you think our balance and transfer budget should be?

Hard to tell now that Ashley has taken over.

Please be realistic!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
But going by last year it will probs end up a couple days before the release date anyways! :lol:

Or like with previous versions in the end being some time around christmas...

and no doubt full of bugs...

But going by last year it will probs end up a couple days before the release date anyways! :lol:

Or like with previous versions in the end being some time around christmas...

and no doubt full of bugs...

Its traditional !

Think the toon should be pretty good on this now, what with the recent transfers and maybe some of the young players will have high PA and of course some money to spend, which was lacking in the last couple.

Think the toon should be pretty good on this now, what with the recent transfers and maybe some of the young players will have high PA and of course some money to spend, which was lacking in the last couple.

Depending on who we bring in between now and the end of the season we might have a pretty small transfer budget first season.

We try to work out what we think the transfer budget will be for the summer back in April and then deduct all summer net spend on transfers from that to leave the starting budget on the game. With Ashley coming in I obviously had to make some changes, so if we do splash the cash on more players before the deadline, or if we don't sell Dyer or anyone else the starting budget will not be very big. This is because all signings from the summer are already included in your squad when you start the game despite replaying the summer and pre season.

Edited by Greg

Depending on who we bring in between now and the end of the season we might have a pretty small transfer budget first season.

We try to work out what we think the transfer budget will be for the summer back in April and then deduct all summer net spend on transfers from that to leave the starting budget on the game. With Ashley coming in I obviously had to make some changes, so if we do splash the cash on more players before the deadline, or if we don't sell Dyer or anyone else the starting budget will not be very big. This is because all signings from the summer are already included in your squad when you start the game despite replaying the summer and pre season.

Remeber Mort said money is there if needed. :lol:

Remeber Mort said money is there if needed. ;)

Remember Greg set the budget long before Mort was even appointed..:)

• 2 weeks later...

Remember Mort said money is there if needed. :rolleyes:

Remember Greg set the budget long before Mort was even appointed..:D

Remember the Alamo :icon_lol:

To be fair, the players we've signed might not be great on FM08 Cacapa, Rozenhal, Germi, Smith, Jose Enrique, Barton.. they were never "must haves" in previous games.

we might still need to spend a lot of money to get a top rate squad.

• 3 weeks later...
How much money do we have?

It better be easier than last years one. :icon_lol:

How much money we have depends on what you think you can achieve, you get offered various budgets and targets at the start of the season.

How much money we have depends on what you think you can achieve, you get offered various budgets and targets at the start of the season.

So if I think we can make europe they will give me more money but start to get worried if i dont make it.

Anything else you can let us know? :icon_lol:

So if I think we can make europe they will give me more money but start to get worried if i dont make it.

Anything else you can let us know? :icon_lol:

Errrrr........ no.