Sevilla set Kanoute price

bawan

Sevilla have slapped a £10million price tag on last season's top scorer Fredi Kanoute.

The Mali international striker has been linked with a return to the Premier League this summer with Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp a known admirer.

Pompey have had a €7million (£4.7million) offer rejected by Sevilla and the Spanish club are holding out for double that amount.

Newcastle and Bolton are believed to have made enquiries about Kanoute, although neither have tabled formal bids for the 29-year-old.

Sevilla are willing to let the former Tottenham and West Ham front-man depart but only if the price is right for them.

"If any club is interested in Kanoute the minimum price is €15million (£10million)," club president Jose Maria Del Nido told the Spanish press.

Kanoute scored 21 goals in La Liga last season and is looking to cash in by earning a lucrative new contract.

Sevilla have so far not matched his demands and Kanoute admits there is a possibility he could return to England prior to next season.

"I need to speak with the club because I want to earn more money. I am happy in Sevilla but I want to be valued like my team-mates," he said.

"Now there are offers and they are interesting to me. The decision will be in my hands.

"If Sevilla do decide to sell me I will not create any problems but logically I want to decide my future.

"If I do leave Sevilla my destination will be England."

£10 mil is taking the piss tbh.

Especially when we can have Owen for 9M! :icon_lol:

Dont be daft <_< who in their right mind would sell him for £9M som soon after buying him for £17M

:icon_lol: