Atiba Hutchinson

David Kelly

Skysports.com understands West Ham and Newcastle are chasing FC Copenhagen star Atiba Hutchinson.

The powerful midfielder caught the attention of a host of clubs after impressing in last season's UEFA Champions League campaign.

Copenhagen face a fight to keep hold of Hutchinson as several sides look to lure him away to a bigger European league.

Newcastle and West Ham have been keeping tabs on the Canadian international as they look to bolster their squads.

Hutchinson's agent, Andreas Kirsch, is aware of interest from the duo and he admitted the 24-year-old would be interested in a move to England.

"There is interest from both clubs in Atiba and there is a lot of interest from English clubs in him," Kirsch told skysports.com.

"We are not in serious negotiations and we will just wait and see what happens.

"They have both scouted Atiba a long time and they have informed us of their interest.

"Atiba would love to come to England, it is one of his main goals to play in England."

German champions Stuttgart are also keen on Hutchinson and Kirsch says preliminary talks have taken place with the club.

"We are in early discussions with Stuttgart and they are keen on signing him."

Anyone heard of this one? The fact that they're linking us and West Ham again suggests to me it's bollox like.

Down here Bremen an Stuttgart were rumoured to be interested. But that was over a month ago and both clubs are actually well stocked when it comes to defensive midfielders. A fee of 5-6m Euro was reported back then.

Down here Bremen an Stuttgart were rumoured to be interested. But that was over a month ago and both clubs are actually well stocked when it comes to defensive midfielders. A fee of 5-6m Euro was reported back then.

Can this guy can not play in a couple of postions?

Watched him in this year's Danish Cup Final and I have a feeling that he played up front and scored.

Watched him in this year's Danish Cup Final and I have a feeling that he played up front and scored.

In the final he played just behind Allbäck in a attacking midfielder/forward-role and scored a great goal.

Here's some info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atiba_Hutchinson

I've seen a lot of him since he moved to FC Copenhagen and think he would be a very good signing for us. IMO his best position is as central attacking midfielder, but he's also very good on the wing (left). Would probably cost around £2-2.5m.

Bonus: Last season he scored one of the best goals I've ever seen i Danish football dribbling past 5 players.

Edited by janu