Best mobile handset at the moment ?

Guest Toplass-101

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should be get getting the m600i in the next couple of days. Been out for a little while, but the P1i or the w960i looks like it would still cost me a fair bit on the contract option I'm taking. Can't really say about any other ones as only really seen the N95 in action.

The N95 looks the bollocks, that WILL be my next phone.

It does look excellent like and that camera is superb, but as with the rest of the N Series they're REALLY slow and are proned to crash.

Before it got stolen on holiday I had the Sony ericsson k810i.. Without a doubt the best phone I've had, battery life is amazing for such a hi-tech phone too. I heard the N95 or whatever the new nokia one is can only last a day without having to recharge it.

Edited by Southern Geordie

Guest Toplass-101

Aye, I think so too, and I think Ive found a canny deal on it too:

18 month contract on O2

Free N95

line rental £33.21

800 minutes

500 texts

and £140.04 cash back

Im not too sure how the cash back works, I doubt its cash in ya hand.

Thats the thing with these new phones full of hi-tech stuff, the batteries never seem to develop in the same way. My N73 lasts 2 days then it has to go on charge. Admittedly I use it a fair bit but even so...

Guest Toplass-101
Think cash back is a system that you get money off certain bills or something. But get the k810i :icon_lol:

think I had one of them a couple of year back, is that the orange walkman phone ?

Thats the thing with these new phones full of hi-tech stuff, the batteries never seem to develop in the same way. My N73 lasts 2 days then it has to go on charge. Admittedly I use it a fair bit but even so...

That's what I like about the phone I had, was class. Though the phone I've got now until my insurance comes through, the battery life lasts nearly 10 days sometimes

nokia_6310i.gif

:icon_lol:

18 month contract on O2

Free N95

line rental £33.21

800 minutes

500 texts

and £140.04 cash back

The cash back will involve you jumping through some hoops and sending some stuff into them by a certain date etc.

Interesting fact for you all: deals like this are the result of a study by a marketing group. They recognised that there were certain products (generally electricals) where more affluent people would be prepared to pay a higher price for it, whilst poorer people would want it for a lower price. This group wanted to work out how they could sell the same goods to both well-off people, and less well-off people, and charge the richer people a higher price, and the poorer people a lower price. They came up with the mail-in rebate. Both groups pay the higher price up front, with the promise of a mail-in rebate. They make the steps required to claim the rebate just onerous enough so that the rich people will think "Fuck it!" and not bother claiming, but the majority of the poorer people will do what's required to get the rebate.

So there you go. Educational day today.

At the end of the day spending 100's on just a new look phone is mental.

They all do the same thing

You sound like my dad

:icon_lol:

Guest Toplass-101
At the end of the day spending 100's on just a new look phone is mental.

They all do the same thing

Id never do that, I like to get a deal where I get enough free stuff so that I get a new handset, free moment so I dont have to used my home phone, then sell my old handset on ebay so it turns out that they are paying me to use their phone in the end :icon_lol:

Think cash back is a system that you get money off certain bills or something. But get the k810i :icon_lol:

think I had one of them a couple of year back, is that the orange walkman phone ?

Nah the walkman ones are the w series I think. The K810i is this one;

SE_k810i_main.jpg

on o2 the deal is pretty good. With the long weekend you get free calls or texts between saturday and Monday. I can't wait to get it back, just hope the insurance gets sorted for it!

Interesting is pushing it like Gemmill. My Ericsson does match Linzi's hair though.

Edited by alex

Guest Toplass-101

18 month contract on O2

Free N95

line rental £33.21

800 minutes

500 texts

and £140.04 cash back

The cash back will involve you jumping through some hoops and sending some stuff into them by a certain date etc.

Interesting fact for you all: deals like this are the result of a study by a marketing group. They recognised that there were certain products (generally electricals) where more affluent people would be prepared to pay a higher price for it, whilst poorer people would want it for a lower price. This group wanted to work out how they could sell the same goods to both well-off people, and less well-off people, and charge the richer people a higher price, and the poorer people a lower price. They came up with the mail-in rebate. Both groups pay the higher price up front, with the promise of a mail-in rebate. They make the steps required to claim the rebate just onerous enough so that the rich people will think "Fuck it!" and not bother claiming, but the majority of the poorer people will do what's required to get the rebate.

So there you go. Educational day today.

Stuff like what ?

Guest Toplass-101

SE_k810i_main.jpg

on o2 the deal is pretty good. With the long weekend you get free calls or texts between saturday and Monday. I can't wait to get it back, just hope the insurance gets sorted for it!

What happened to ya other phone ?

SE_k810i_main.jpg

What happened to ya other phone ?

Got stolen in tenerife along with my wallet. Shame cos I'd only had it for about 2 weeks when it got pinched. Don't have phone insurance so I'll have to rely on holiday insurance.. Luckily I got a police report within 24 hours so should be ok (touch wood)