Best mobile handset at the moment ?

Guest Toplass-101

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you broken into in Tenerife ? im going there soon.

Nah bit of an embarassing/stupid story. Was chatting to a woman I thought was just being friendly, next thing I knew she and my posessions were gone. My mate told me the next day (as he was slightly more sober than I was) that it was a stripper that we were chatting to :icon_lol:

The N95 looks the bollocks, that WILL be my next phone.

Aye, I think so too, and I think Ive found a canny deal on it too:

18 month contract on O2

Free N95

line rental £33.21

800 minutes

500 texts

and £140.04 cash back

Im not too sure how the cash back works, I doubt its cash in ya hand.

The cash back will involve you jumping through some hoops and sending some stuff into them by a certain date etc.

Interesting fact for you all: deals like this are the result of a study by a marketing group. They recognised that there were certain products (generally electricals) where more affluent people would be prepared to pay a higher price for it, whilst poorer people would want it for a lower price. This group wanted to work out how they could sell the same goods to both well-off people, and less well-off people, and charge the richer people a higher price, and the poorer people a lower price. They came up with the mail-in rebate. Both groups pay the higher price up front, with the promise of a mail-in rebate. They make the steps required to claim the rebate just onerous enough so that the rich people will think "Fuck it!" and not bother claiming, but the majority of the poorer people will do what's required to get the rebate.

So there you go. Educational day today.

Stuff like what ?

I bought a computer in America and it involved sending in receipts, barcodes they gave you when you bought it, and bits and pieces that you had to cut off the computer box. They basically made it as fucking awkward as possible.

And alex, don't pretend that hasn't gone straight into the "did you know" bank. :icon_lol:

Guest Toplass-101

Nah bit of an embarassing/stupid story. Was chatting to a woman I thought was just being friendly, next thing I knew she and my posessions were gone. My mate told me the next day (as he was slightly more sober than I was) that it was a stripper that we were chatting to :icon_lol:

ah u numpty!

what a bitch she was though.

ah u numpty!

what a bitch she was though.

Yep, they're all so sleazy and if I hadn't been as drunk I'd have realised she wasnt just being friendly! The police warned me to watch out for the Moroccons in future. Said the black fellas selling sunglasses and the chinese selling toys are harmless, but the Moroccons are known for pick-pocketting. Just a word of warning! The stuff in your room will be fine though :icon_lol: Been a right pain to sort out my phone, drivers license etc though

Without question - its the Sonny Eriksen W880i.

I've got that. Lovely phone, only two complaints. The ring tone is a bit tinny, and it's 3G. Seems like a lot of wasted functionality since O2 don't offer it as far as I am aware though.

I'm not changing from S-E again mind, certainly not to Motorola. My last RAZR was nothing but hassle.

Motorola's are shit to be fair. Look decent but that's about it, don't know why people buy them.

I've always had Sony Ericcson's until the one I've got now (Samsung D900) and wish I stuck to SE, Samsung's are shite an'all. :icon_lol:

Guest Toplass-101
Think cash back is a system that you get money off certain bills or something. But get the k810i :icon_lol:

think I had one of them a couple of year back, is that the orange walkman phone ?

Nah the walkman ones are the w series I think. The K810i is this one;

SE_k810i_main.jpg

on o2 the deal is pretty good. With the long weekend you get free calls or texts between saturday and Monday. I can't wait to get it back, just hope the insurance gets sorted for it!

What happened to ya other phone ?

Got stolen in tenerife along with my wallet. Shame cos I'd only had it for about 2 weeks when it got pinched. Don't have phone insurance so I'll have to rely on holiday insurance.. Luckily I got a police report within 24 hours so should be ok (touch wood)

I did go for that phone in the end, as I dont think id use all the fancy stuff on the Nokia, and ive had Ericssons in the past so I know how to use them. Got it on an 18 month contract with 400 txts and 1000 mins for £30 a month, with £100 credited to the account, so probs wont pay a bill for 1st 3 months, I thought that sounded ok.

Guest Toplass-101
Think cash back is a system that you get money off certain bills or something. But get the k810i :icon_lol:

think I had one of them a couple of year back, is that the orange walkman phone ?

SE_k810i_main.jpg

on o2 the deal is pretty good. With the long weekend you get free calls or texts between saturday and Monday. I can't wait to get it back, just hope the insurance gets sorted for it!

Got stolen in tenerife along with my wallet. Shame cos I'd only had it for about 2 weeks when it got pinched. Don't have phone insurance so I'll have to rely on holiday insurance.. Luckily I got a police report within 24 hours so should be ok (touch wood)

I did go for that phone in the end, as I dont think id use all the fancy stuff on the Nokia, and ive had Ericssons in the past so I know how to use them. Got it on an 18 month contract with 400 txts and 1000 mins for £30 a month, with £100 credited to the account, so probs wont pay a bill for 1st 3 months, I thought that sounded ok.

SE_k810i_main.jpg

The free £100 probably doesn't work like that. I got £50 from Orange once and I had to wait 6 months before i was eligible then I tried to ring up and have my account credited..No, no, no, I had to go into the shop in the town with a copy of my agreement and then they would credit it. That was after I'd been in once without the agreement, done everything they could to avoid giving me it....wankers i tell you.

You don't get owt for nowt...simple as

Guest Toplass-101

SE_k810i_main.jpg

The free £100 probably doesn't work like that. I got £50 from Orange once and I had to wait 6 months before i was eligible then I tried to ring up and have my account credited..No, no, no, I had to go into the shop in the town with a copy of my agreement and then they would credit it. That was after I'd been in once without the agreement, done everything they could to avoid giving me it....wankers i tell you.

Well I hope they done clart on like that, but if they do I'll just turn on my feistyness till I get it.

SE_k810i_main.jpg

Well I hope they done clart on like that, but if they do I'll just turn on my feistyness till I get it.

Just be careful as the sales staff will tell you anything to get a sale, make sure you get their name etc so you've got something to fall back on because they've got lies they haven't broken into.

Guest Toplass-101

SE_k810i_main.jpg

Just be careful as the sales staff will tell you anything to get a sale, make sure you get their name etc so you've got something to fall back on because they've got lies they haven't broken into.

Cheers, I'll check my contract when it comes, and make sure the cash is in the account, and ring them before the 14 days distance selling (suck it and see) time is up if its not credited.

I've got that. Lovely phone, only two complaints. The ring tone is a bit tinny, and it's 3G. Seems like a lot of wasted functionality since O2 don't offer it as far as I am aware though.

I'm not changing from S-E again mind, certainly not to Motorola. My last RAZR was nothing but hassle.

O2 do do 3G, you just need to get a 3g sim card to use it. Phone 202 and they'll send you one out.

I've got the k800i, best phone I've ever had, its a bit old mind, due a new one in november. If you are already on a contract remember to phone up and upgrade that way, you get much better deals. I got half price line rental for 12months and 500 extra texts for free.

O2 do do 3G, you just need to get a 3g sim card to use it. Phone 202 and they'll send you one out.

I've got the k800i, best phone I've ever had, its a bit old mind, due a new one in november. If you are already on a contract remember to phone up and upgrade that way, you get much better deals. I got half price line rental for 12months and 500 extra texts for free.

Down here I automatically got a new sim card from O2 with my W880i. Perfect phone imho.

Down here I automatically got a new sim card from O2 with my W880i. Perfect phone imho.

I'm still only on the 2G one, the upgrade sounded alot like hassle since it involved getting a new number then having to get my current number transferred to the new sim. I don't use the net on my phone for anything other then checking football scores when i'm out some place so i don't need the 3g anyway...

3G is only good for video calls isn't it?

That and faster internet. Thats the only difference, only really worth while on blackberry type phones imo.

I'm still only on the 2G one, the upgrade sounded alot like hassle since it involved getting a new number then having to get my current number transferred to the new sim. I don't use the net on my phone for anything other then checking football scores when i'm out some place so i don't need the 3g anyway...

As I said, all had to do here was to just to put in the new sim card and activate it, which could be done on the o2-website. Number and everything got transferred. Don't use the web very much too, but find the 3g option very comfortable for reading mails on trips.

Guest Toplass-101

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=sg&...p&pid=10868

Yeah I seen that one one and thought about waiting, but I'd probably not have got the deal that ive got with it, and also, by the time that comes out, there will be something bigger and better just about to come on the market to, so you could always be waiting for the next big thing... haha story of my life, sorry that just made me giggle :jesuswept:

Edited by Toplass-101

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=sg&...p&pid=10868

how amazing does that phone look? 5 MegaPixel camera? :jesuswept:

I think I'll wait till this comes out.

Current phone has 3.2MP camera, photos taken on it look terrible compared to my ancient 2MP camera. Phones always have crap lenses so the photos will always look shoddy compared to a real camera. Only good for drunken photos or when you want to get information off a PC screen and can't find a pen...