data recovery

zico martin

like an absolute tool I have kept putting off backing up all my photos on my PC and have now found that my hard drive is corrupted. I did think it was a virus at first but now I am beginning to think it is just corrupted. Whilst I could try a format reinstall to see if this sorts it out ( if not its under warranty) I am hoping there is a way I can recover some of jpeg files :icon_lol:

I believe there may be some software available which may help, any suggestions? I know I have to accept that I probably have lost all my photos I can but live in hope!

Have you tried a checkdisk scan?

as my pc would not boot up at all ( various keyboard locked out or repeatedly restarting) I assumed I had a virus. So put this drive into another PC to see if I could back up any of my jpeg fies from it but whilst windows is showing the drive, it will not let me access it (claiming it's corrupt).

what do you suggest? i dont wanna give up the ghost just yet! how would i do a checkdisk scan if i could?

Right click on the drive icon, properties, tools then error checking.

make sure both options are checked and click 'check now'.

it will want to check the disk during the next boot up (and may take a while).