Aldo Duscher

Baggio

Nicked from tommorows Sun;

THE Argie who wrecked David Beckham’s 2002 World Cup is heading for Newcastle.

Midfielder Aldo Duscher’s two-footed tackle broke a metatarsal on Beckham’s left foot during a Champions League quarter-final between Manchester United and Deportivo La Coruna.

The England ace has since admitted he was never properly fit for that World Cup - despite making the plane to the finals in South Korea and Japan.

Duscher the Butcher is now jetting in to meet Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce for a trial today.

If successful, it will lead to talks over a free transfer now his Deportivo deal has expired.

Allardyce looked at Duscher, 28, last year when he was Bolton boss but the move broke down.

Deportivo want to re-sign him — but the player prefers to test himself in English football.

If he signs, Duscher can expect plenty of grief up and down the country from English fans who have never forgotten him.

Meanwhile, Newcastle insist they will not accept a penny less than £13million for Obafemi Martins.

The Nigerian striker has been attracting interest from Arsenal and Juventus but neither club is prepared to pay the £13m fee which will trigger the buy-out clause in his contract.

No official bids have been made — but the interest from the Gunners is well known. Yet Allardyce has no wish to sell Martins, 22, and is not encouraging offers.

Marseille captain Habib Beye last night turned his back on a move to St James’ Park.

Toon were ready to pay £3m for the Senegal right-back, 29.

But Beye said: “I am here at Marseille. I have a year left on my contract and I will honour that.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390...7320139,00.html

Argie Aldo in Toon trial

Jul 12 2007

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United are considering signing the man known to fans in Spain as “The Butcher.”

Sam Allardyce has already been linked with adding one Argentina international to his books this week in the form of Manchester United star Gabriel Heinze but has now lined up defensive midfielder Aldo Duscher as his next summer signing.

The 28-year-old is infamous in football after smashing David Beckham’s foot in the build-up to the 2002 World Cup after an X-rated two-footed tackle smashed the England star’s metatarsal when Manchester United played Deportivo la Coruna.

The Argie hardman – who isn’t with his country at the Copa America – arrived on Tyneside today for a trial.

With the player’s contract at Depor now expired it means United will be free to capture the player on a Bosman free transfer if Allardyce is happy with his efforts during his stay on Tyneside.

And if Big Sam does pull off the signing of Duscher it will be considered a major coup for the Magpies.

During his days as a contracted player he attracted intense interest from both Manchester United and Arsenal as they looked to to fill the massive voids in their midfields left by the departures of Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira respectively.

Duscher started his career in his native Argentina with Newells Old Boys before making the move to Portugal to star for Sporting Lisbon. But after just two seasons with the Portuguese giants, he crossed the border to sign for Depor for £9m and he was a big hit in La Liga.

Now, with the player keen to taste life in the Premiership after seven seasons in La Liga with Depor, he is set to link up with his former club mate Albert Luque.

It was revealed today that Luque has sacrificed his honeymoon to revive his United career.

It is no secret Allardyce has the respect of most players on the continent and, after working with Spanish international stars Fernando Hierro and Ivan Campo at Bolton Wanderers, the news of him coming to St James’ Park in May was music to the ears of £9.5m La Liga star Luque.

The 29-year-old – who married Marta Luna in Majorca last weekend – rushed back from the Balearic Islands and checked into the club’s Benton base at the start of the week to resume pre-season training after missing the trip to Austria to get hitched.

After crunch talks with Allardyce, the player who was not even on speaking terms by the end of Glenn Roeder’s reign in charge at United after being frozen out is ready to rebuild his shattered career.

Allardyce knows the Spaniard’s stock has dipped badly in his two years on Tyneside, but also knows exactly what the former Deportivo la Coruna and Real Mallorca striker did in La Liga when he netted more than a half-century of goals.

Now Big Sam has handed Luque an olive branch and is ready to consider him as another attacking option along with Michael Owen, Oba Martins, Mark Viduka, Shola Ameobi and teenager Andy Carroll.

Allardyce told the Chronicle: “It would have been nice to have had Albert in Austria as he would have benefited from that but his attitude has been exceptionally good.

“I had a little talk with him before we went off to Austria as he flew over to see me.

“He got married at the weekend but has not had a honeymoon.

“He has been in at the training ground on his own for the last few days and it shows he is willing to come back into the fold.”

Luque was signed during the Graeme Souness era at St James’ Park after playing against United for Depor in the Intertoto Cup.

After going down hurt early in his Toon career in his only his second game for the club against Fulham, the player then found it difficult to adjust to life on Tyneside and suffered a consequent loss of confidence.

He also had problems with the English language, relying heavily on team-mate Nobby Solano to act as a translator.

When Souness was sacked by United, Roeder then dropped Luque in his first game in charge against Portsmouth, the player was sent home after not even making the bench.

His goal in the 4-1 win over Sunderland was the only bright spot in his first season.

Luque wanted a fresh start last term and it looked good after he netted in the first game of the season against Lillestrom.

However, he soon tumbled down the pecking again, even a winning goal in Palermo in the UEFA Cup not enough to convince Roeder he had more to offer.

Allardyce added: “Hopefully we can get more out of him than in the past. Having spoken to Albert, he has not wanted anything else than to be a success here.

“While he has had criticism about the size of his fee and some performances have been disappointing, he does not feel he has ever been able to grasp his chance because of his serious injury and time it has taken him to settle in.

“He has been fighting against that but if we can get more out of him we will have another very valuable player on our hands to play for Newcastle United.”

aldo duscher was amazingly linked with Manchester United in 2005 after he had broke David Beckham's foot...he was also labeled as "the next roy keen"

Fuck me there's been a few of them !

Not good enough.

Better than Butt tbh

[delusional]But we're not going to win the league with players like duscher[/delusional]

Not good enough.

Better than Butt tbh

He's not tbh.

:jesuswept::lol:;):razz:

Hang on a sec..........you're being serious, aren't you?? :blush:

too slow, and not a great player, however would be a good backup.

not as good as butt btw baggio.

That's what I said.

To be honest, I thought Luque was a fantastic signing from seeing him for Depo (I'm a Depo fan if I had to choose a Spanish team). I think Duscher does the simple things a lot better than Butt. Much better at breaking the play up and then playing the simple short pass.

If Ashley is going to "splash the cash" then I'd say we don't need this signing, but I actually don't think we'll spend much at all, so this would be an idea signing (like most of Sam's at Boltons).

Newcastle try Duscher

Michael Walker

Friday July 13, 2007

The Guardian

Aldo Duscher, who achieved global awareness of the word "metatarsal" when he broke a bone in David Beckham's foot before the 2002 World Cup, started a trial at Newcastle United yesterday.

Now 28 and a free agent after reaching the end of his contract at Deportivo La Coruña, the Argentinian defensive midfielder conforms to the pattern of Bosman signings Sam Allardyce made at Bolton Wanderers.

As Duscher arrives, a key figure at Newcastle for the past few years looks set to depart. It is believed that Kenneth Shepherd, son of the chairman, Freddy, and involved with transfers, has been told by Mike Ashley's new regime that he no longer has a role.

:jesuswept: