latest Oba quote from .com site

jaythesouthernmag

"Right now all I know is what I read in the papers. I have a meeting with the manager when I get back to training. We will see what happens then."

Latest quote from Obafemi Martins ahead of the squad regrouping on Friday, having been given two days off following the Austria trip.

Not exactly shouting about his commitment to NUFC, If Wenger offers £13m, which I dont think he will as Martins isnt worth that much and Wenger aint stupid, but if we can get the money plus with Owen now looking like staying,Sam making the right noises about Luque then I would take it. Martins attitude is suspect at best

"Right now all I know is what I read in the papers. I have a meeting with the manager when I get back to training. We will see what happens then."

Latest quote from Obafemi Martins ahead of the squad regrouping on Friday, having been given two days off following the Austria trip.

Not exactly shouting about his commitment to NUFC, If Wenger offers £13m, which I dont think he will as Martins isnt worth that much and Wenger aint stupid, but if we can get the money plus with Owen now looking like staying,Sam making the right noises about Luque then I would take it. Martins attitude is suspect at best

Are players expected to to declare their undying love for The Toon in every sentence they utter? The Watford game aside, I think his attitude at Newcastle has been good.

As for Luque as a replacement, dear oh dear.

Are players expected to to declare their undying love for The Toon in every sentence they utter? The Watford game aside, I think his attitude at Newcastle has been good.

whs

No they dont but a simple "I am happy here and am looking forward to the new season" rather than the say nowt and keep myself in the window stance. As for Luque being a replacement when did I say that?. What I did say was that Sam is making the right noises about him and I would trust his judgement. All we have seen from Luque has been a bit part player under a very poor manager, he was excellent at depo and there is no reason why he cant be under Sam, given the chance. Not many players would come back to pre-season early after their wedding. I predict he will be an asset this term which will go to prove further that Roedent was a complete waste of time.

he seems to want off but at worst we keep a decent striker until the winter, when we can use the funds from his sale to pay for the positions where we discover frailty.

he always seemed to have a good work rate and despite his much documented weaknesses, he's clearly a good player. I think under sam and within a new regime he'll blossom and the only reason I think his eyes are wandering is for fear of too much competition for his place.

Not commendable, but if I was the best striker at the club last season and the managers brought in another player of similar standard but in different ways and welcomed back a player of similar style, but rated much higher... I'd be casting glances over the fence too.

most people agree you can't play Owen AND Martins, and similarly most people know Owen will be first choice.

basically announcing to the world that Oba is third choice... now would you want to be third choice at a mid-table club with aspirations? or 1st/2nd choice at a top 4 club with aspirations and a wealth of talent around you?

Arsenal will struggle to finish in the top 6. Look at the teams who will be pushing for 4,5,&6. Us,Spurs,Everton,Man City(if they buy right),Villa (again if money well spent) and Arsenal. Most of these are teams on the up with new investors, new managers and in Spurs case a shed load of cash splashed. If I were a Gooner I would be worried this season and I dont think it would constitute a forward step for Oba.

I reckon BS with play Vid,Owen & Oba in a 4-3-3 in home games and rotate them in away games, I can see Owen & Oba playing together as long as we are not just humping balls forward a`la Roeders tactics, if you can call them tactics.With Obas Electric pace and Owens finishing ability they should be able to tie defences in knotts

Really?

Because I don’t see any of our youngsters being any better than Toure, Eboue, Fabregas, Van Persie etc.

People are over-reacting to Arsenal losing Henry, they’re still a top 4 side, and will continue to be until Wenger leaves.

You have to be completely deluded to think that a move to Arsenal from us is a backwards or even a sideways step. Infact, no, you’d have to be completely insane.

Teams are getting wise on how to play them and what they dont like, They may play the most attractive football in the league but they cant mix it and cant compete physically. I can see them have a poor season,Plus as someone said they will not be missing Henry thats like saying we didnt miss Shearer