Big Sam won't sell N'Zogbia

bawan

Sam Allardyce has dismissed speculation that Charles N'Zogbia could leave Newcastle United.

Reports have linked West Ham United with a bid for the French midfielder, who finished last season by refusing to sit on the bench for the closing game at Watford.

But Allardyce, who is actively trying to strengthen his squad, feels it would be a futile exercise to sell N'Zogbia.

Instead, the Magpies manager is urging the 21-year-old to claim a regular spot in his first-team plans in the coming season.

"It's news to me," Allardyce told the club's official website regarding the rumours.

"Speculation is rife and as always there's a lot of speculation around Newcastle United.

"We don't want any players to be leaving the football club because it's a growing team and a growing squad we need to build.

"I'm still short of probably four defenders, so why would I want to go and sell a forward player, and then have another problem replacing him?

"For me Charles is a fantastic young player, and he's got a great opportunity to improve his ability and improve his skills and take a regular place in Newcastle United's first team.

"We've already brought in four players and to get another four means eight, and that is a massive task for any football club in any part of any season, certainly in the summer, so to sell one and start bringing in others makes life even more difficult."

He was developing really well before he was "ROEDERED"

Hope BS can get the best out of Zoggy

He was injured twice last season and the threw a strop wasn't he?