Overtime

Smooth Operator

Doing overtime on Sunday for the first time ever, never ever wanted to do it before not that it's been offered in this job like but have given in this time round, the double time will come in handy.

I know I'll hate having to give up the best part of my Sunday but I'd only be getting roped into doing gardening or some other shite like that.

What does every one else do? Take it or leave it?

I got right sucked into overtime when we did it, at first I hated the idea of sacrificing the weekend, but after a short while the weekend just felt like any other day of the week and I began to expect to see the overtime money in my paypacket and began living to limits of my expanded income.

I rarely work it, but when I do I don't get paid for it. Probably fair enough though all things considered.

There's no fucking way on gods green earth I'd do it for nowt like. What's all that about?

It's basically expected of you as an accountant. Supposedly "it's factored into the salary". Load of fucking shite. These days I very rarely need to do any like so I'm not too arsed, but at PwC in America the hours were pretty intense. Although I did spend a canny bit of time online tbf.

I used to take it as Flexi time, double time. IMO by the time you were taxed it was hardly worth it but I liked the idea of doing 3 and a bit hours and having a full day off. Didn't make much odds to me like as I bumped the fuckas for 40 odd hours anyway when i left.

Wacky 1 CSA 0 - Thats for sticking it up my mate you cnuts

Doing overtime on Sunday for the first time ever, never ever wanted to do it before not that it's been offered in this job like but have given in this time round, the double time will come in handy.

I know I'll hate having to give up the best part of my Sunday but I'd only be getting roped into doing gardening or some other shite like that.

What does every one else do? Take it or leave it?

Me and a mate used to do permanent overtime on a Sunday and would be the only ones in, the day basically involved having a kip until 12, going to the Newton for two hours, a game of football in the large DEG room then the last half hour was spent reBF'ing files so there was a pile of them waiting the next morning

Happy days

I do far more than my contracted hours and don't get overtime. If I'm not busy I can claim the time back by 'working at home'. Trouble is my workload at present is huge and is set to increase. :jesuswept:

Thats for sticking it up my mate you cnuts

Were they unreasonable like?

Meant to be a few demos tomorrow from fathers for justice.

Aye he's on the old system so their sticking it up him. I asked when i was working there when he was likely to be put on the new system and the lad replied 'your guess is as good as mine' that was 2 1/2 years ago

The translation company I worked for in Mainz expected ludicrous hours of overtime, very rarely paid. My current mob are much better for that kind of thing - at least time-and-a-half, and a fair degree of willing with regard to flexitime - so I don't mind sticking my hand up and saying I'm available for duty more or less whenever they need me, prior commitments permitting. As mentioned above, it does tend to reflect well on you in the longer run.

Thats for sticking it up my mate you cnuts

Were they unreasonable like?

Meant to be a few demos tomorrow from fathers for justice.

Aye he's on the old system so their sticking it up him. I asked when i was working there when he was likely to be put on the new system and the lad replied 'your guess is as good as mine' that was 2 1/2 years ago

They don't move any stand alone cases. Only if a new application is made by one of the parents for a new child will the existing case be pulled across.

Not worked any overtime yet, not needed to though so alls good. Get normal time if I do work it though, just have fill in a ridiculously complex and detailed form to claim the money...

I don't mind a bit of overtime if I've got loads on at work and I'd rather come in on a Saturday morning and get a load of stuff done (without distractions, phones ringing etc) than have it all to come in to on a Monday morning (though this would backfire quite spectacularly if I won the lottery as I'd have no intention of turning up).

We've got some right thieving bastards at my place like, overtime forms had to be in yesterday and one dirty little shit tried to claim hours and hours from a week when she was off sick.

Mustn't grumble though, I always get time and a half for overtime and if there's something REALLY shit to do I can negotiate double/triple time without too much hassle.

years ago in the States a guy I was working with asked about overtime

"OVERTIME!! Son, you work for this company 24 hours a day 365 days a year and don't you forget it...and on the money you are on that's just about fair.."

it was a reasonable point TBH

Personally I was brought up Swan's rules - overtime time and half , double time on Sundays and triple on Bank Holidays...........

years ago in the States a guy I was working with asked about overtime

"OVERTIME!! Son, you work for this company 24 hours a day 365 days a year and don't you forget it...and on the money you are on that's just about fair.."

it was a reasonable point TBH

Personally I was brought up Swan's rules - overtime time and half , double time on Sundays and triple on Bank Holidays...........

Used to get a day in lieu on a bankholiday, ahh those were the days.

Now I have 140 hours contracted in my salary that I have to work at the company's discretion that I see no extra money for as they are worked into my salary