The New Club Captain is...

Fucking ridiculous to make someone the captain on the basis that they're born in the region. I love the way they use Alan Shearer as an example of when it worked.

You don't have to look further than Kevin Scott for an example when it didn't!

Taylor is NOT the right man to take the captaincy at this point in time, we're at a position of change, we need a strong leader to wear the captain's armband - Taylor is neither mature or experienced enough at the moment.

Fucking ridiculous to make someone the captain on the basis that they're born in the region. I love the way they use Alan Shearer as an example of when it worked.

Was Shearer such a great captain ?

It always struck me that his were the first shoulders to drop when goings got tough.

Barton has the mouth to be captain

As much as I think he is a complete prick Barton would be the one who would lead by example in terms of effort and application, unfortunately his aforementioned tendency to be a prick is a down side.

Was Shearer such a great captain ?

It always struck me that his were the first shoulders to drop when goings got tough.

Harsh.

Id never have said first to drop like, not when you had the likes of Dyer, Robert etc who would simply vanish. This said, on Taylor Im not so sure. Its not age or ability as a good leader doesnt need either. Someone to lift the team and pushg them through tough games. Mind, ability does have a slight impact in tat if they aint good enough they shouldnt play. this is where I think Taylor may be an issue. Not that he aint good enough, far from it as I do think he is getting better each year, just that as mentioned, for right now, we need another CH meaning he may not always start.

Newcastle’s hierarchy are delighted at the prospect of a return to the days of a Geordie skipper, with Taylor set to follow in the footsteps of Alan Shearer.

Fact is though he wasn't born a Geordie he was born in Greenwich which is Thamesside not Tyneside but I reckon a Geordie by choice is as good as a Geordie who didn't have a choice. :crying:

Barton would be a good choice, but he's a twat. As has been mentioned.

Also, I'm not sure he's good enough to consistently keep his place.

In other words he isnt a good choice then.. :crying:

Barton would be a good choice, but he's a twat. As has been mentioned.

Also, I'm not sure he's good enough to consistently keep his place.

In other words he isnt a good choice then.. :jesuswept:

:crying:

He's in the right area of the pitch and has the right sort of on-field attitude.

Cnut though.