David Beckham

Tooj

I'm getting sick of the hype but I do take comfort that an British player can be such huge news in world football.

there's something much more interesting going on as well, kia joorabchian wanted by interpol :jesuswept:

You're not suggesting there is something dodgy about his dealings ? :lol:

there's something much more interesting going on as well, kia joorabchian wanted by interpol :lol:

You're not suggesting there is something dodgy about his dealings ? ;)

Brazilian police want him for money laundering :jesuswept:

there's something much more interesting going on as well, kia joorabchian wanted by interpol :lol:

You're not suggesting there is something dodgy about his dealings ? ;)

Brazilian police want him for money laundering :jesuswept:

He makes Freddy Shepherd look like Cliff Richard.

Does anyone give a fuck about this move?

I'm sick of it waisting valuable airtime on the radio and the tele.

This is the place where the stalkers have guns.

Here's to hoping. :jesuswept:

I'm getting sick of the hype but I do take comfort that an British player can be such huge news in world football.

Hoy Jimbo, if you're getting sick of the hype over there you'd be ready for the last rites if you lived over here :jesuswept:

It's awful but as you say, some comfort in him being British but don't think I can stomach much more of his missus.

Guest stevieintoon

Go down pub, drink 10 pints, beat up t'wife, cos I'm a Yorkshire bastard.

I personally hope Beckham's move is a disaster. Not for him, regardless what you say about him, he doesn't come across as a bad bloke, but I hope it fails because I don't want yanks to appreciate the beautiful game like we do. They fuck everything else up in the world, and if they ever embraced it in the way we do, goals would be double their size within 10 years am tellin ye.

Go down pub, drink 10 pints, beat up t'wife, cos I'm a Yorkshire bastard.

I personally hope Beckham's move is a disaster. Not for him, regardless what you say about him, he doesn't come across as a bad bloke, but I hope it fails because I don't want yanks to appreciate the beautiful game like we do. They fuck everything else up in the world, and if they ever embraced it in the way we do, goals would be double their size within 10 years am tellin ye.

I know what you're saying, if football really did take off in the USA they would be looking to control it as they do with everything else but thankfully FIFA are so backward and stubborn I couldn't see them having much influence though with the size of the country and the money it could generate who knows.

And fair play to Beckham for talking to the Yanks about football rather than 'sawker'.

No coincidence the Spice Girls are kicking their tour off in L.A. Who wears the pants there then you under the thumb, hair dying motherfucking ponce what you are? Be sick as fuck when he's playing in front of 5000 every week when the Beckham novelty wears off in a few weeks

but wacky is right. once everyone and there dog has seen him once or twice in a game they don't really understand the novelty will wear off.

i also hope its not a success....

one other thing, was in sportsworld getting some new boots and they've got the fucking la galaxy kit in! no toon kit of course....

A little sour grapes eh Stevieintoon, they certainly fucked us up in our first World Cup in 1950 but that's probably before you were born or old enough to remember.

I agree that their approach to most things is to try and change it to suit them and television but I think when it comes to football they have realised it's on a World stage and have conformed to playing it the way the rest of the world does.

When they tried professional leagues before (which all failed) they tried different points systems, shoot-outs because they had to have a winner as they do in their other sports with OT's and extra-innings, but now the MSL which has been going for 12 years plays it the way we do and a draw is acceptable, sometimes hailed.

Inccidently, there are more kids today, boys & girls, playing "soccer" in organized leagues than there are playing Baseball, Basketball, and American Football. Most high schools and colleges have boys & girls/men & women teams.

More and more is getting on TV but the problem seems to be that they can't, as yet, get a big enough spectator following at games.

I think the number of Yanks playing overseas in Britain and other nations is indicative that the sport has shown massive growth in recent years among its youth.

A little sour grapes eh Stevieintoon, they certainly fucked us up in our first World Cup in 1950 but that's probably before you were born or old enough to remember.

I agree that their approach to most things is to try and change it to suit them and television but I think when it comes to football they have realised it's on a World stage and have conformed to playing it the way the rest of the world does.

When they tried professional leagues before (which all failed) they tried different points systems, shoot-outs because they had to have a winner as they do in their other sports with OT's and extra-innings, but now the MSL which has been going for 12 years plays it the way we do and a draw is acceptable, sometimes hailed.

Inccidently, there are more kids today, boys & girls, playing "soccer" in organized leagues than there are playing Baseball, Basketball, and American Football. Most high schools and colleges have boys & girls/men & women teams.

More and more is getting on TV but the problem seems to be that they can't, as yet, get a big enough spectator following at games.

I think the number of Yanks playing overseas in Britain and other nations is indicative that the sport has shown massive growth in recent years among its youth.

Once todays school kids become tomorrows couch potatoes then its just a matter of time before theres a huge tv audience for it.