PS3

Offshore Toon

It looks like I'll be getting one soon.

Has anybody else got one? Can you recommend any games?

It's kind of annoying that the vast majority of games are coming out just before Christmas, but PES08 and GTA:IV both look absolute amazing and so does the F1 game.

Heard on the news before that PS3 in America are getting reduced, whereas in the UK they are going to be kept the same price

Heard on the news before that PS3 in America are getting reduced, whereas in the UK they are going to be kept the same price

I think they are offering a game bundle instead of an actual price drop here.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Resistance: Fall of Man are the games I would recommend.

Not bought call of duty but they are all the same. If you are putting it on line you will be able to download some demo's to see if you like them.

Get a 360 instead tbh

I've got cash to splash, so I'd rather buy the better console.

After Christmas, when the PS3 has a huge array of games, people won't be bigging up the XBOX 360 so much.

The only game I've played on the PS3 was that boxing game.. was so realistic, completely class!

Fight Night: Round 3?

Edited by Offshore Toon

Get a 360 instead tbh

After Christmas, when the PS3 has a huge array of games, people won't be bigging up the XBOX 360 so much.

The only game I've played on the PS3 was that boxing game.. was so realistic, completely class!

Yeah that's the one :jesuswept:

Get a 360 instead tbh

360 is the better console. What array of games specifically are you talking about? PS3 has hardly any exclusives left tbh

Get a 360 instead tbh

360 is the better console. What array of games specifically are you talking about? PS3 has hardly any exclusives left tbh

I doubt that the 360 is the better console, it may have better services, though.

The games I am talking about are the ones that will come out in time for Christmas. The PS3 doesn't have many games available at the moment, but the XBOX has a lot since it has been out for a while, so once each console has a similar amount of games available, people will prefer the PS3.

Don't see why people would pay £150 extra to play the same games tbh. Especially as one of the biggest games around (GTAIV) will have more content on the 360.

Again, which games especially?

Don't see why people would pay £150 extra to play the same games tbh. Especially as one of the biggest games around (GTAIV) will have more content on the 360.

Again, which games especially?

The 150 can be factored into paying for xbox live for 4-5 years though or buying the HD player which is about 120 compared with blue-ray built in.

I'll admit the 360 has more games out at the moment and games that the Ps3 won't have though. MGS looks like it will head to the 360 at some point to.

I also believe that the 360 is prone to getting the red ring of death? * Crosses fingers that nothing happens to his Ps3*

Also for GTAIV is the content not going to differ from each console or has it been confirmed that extra stuff will be avialabe for 360 but not the ps3?

Extra episodes have been confirmed as downloadable content by Rockstar. Paying £4 a month for XBL is nothing when you consider what an excellent service it is comparison to it's counterparts.

The HD movie player is optional. Some people want to play HD movies, some don't. Me personally I want to play HD movies and I did buy the drive and the only reason I would consider buying a PS3 is that it's the cheapest Blu-Ray player on the market.

RROD is pretty much not a factor any more seen as MS are giving away 3 year warranties now.

If Microsoft were to reduce the 360 to around £220 and secure MGS4 they could finish Sony off tbh. They seem determined to be market leaders, just as they did with the computer market.

Edited by Sima

I went for the PS3. Ive had the Ps2+1 so semed the natural step. Already use my BT router so I was online right away with no extra cost. The Blue Ray player was also a big plus for me. I dont think can fairly compare either the quality or quanity of games out for the PS3 until it has been out for a while longer. remembering that the XBox was launched with an equally poor line up. I do see it that Ive took a gamble though. The Xbox has some cracking titles and Im hoping that the PS3 can catch up in quality and then some. If it doesnt, I got myself a decent Blue Ray player :crying:

I'm a Nintendo fan tttt.

I used to be tbh, but there's nothing on the DS that interests me so I got a PSP which is better. Can't be arsed with proper consoles, would rather use my computer. Plus the Wii makes you wave around your arms like a spacka.

I'm a Nintendo fan tttt.

I used to be tbh, but there's nothing on the DS that interests me so I got a PSP which is better. Can't be arsed with proper consoles, would rather use my computer. Plus the Wii makes you wave around your arms like a spacka.

Haven't got a Wii. Not sure if I'll bother getting one.