Hartlepool Utd v Newcastle Utd

Had someone like Taylor or Given played badly, I wouldn't be on their case as much. I may have been a little hard on Martins, but it's not like he is always one to give his all and push the team forward.

As far as I'm concerned with Owen, if he wasn't interested, even in one game, that's enough for me to want him out.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the match. Shola and Rozenhal were outstanding. Carr, Dyer, Nzogbia, Butt and Barton all had canny games, Owen looked totally disinterested. The twice he should have been getting on the end of a ball in thebox he was stodd on the half way line. Martins was piss poor too, far too greedy and had the ball taken off him far too often by a shit defence.

I thought Carr was a liability in the second half at left back. Owen could have scored about 5 seconds after coming on and looked alright to me. No one was really outstanding, more of a fitness-gaining exercise than anything really.

Their keeper in the first half had a really good game (as did their number 6) but the clown they brought on at half time was a proper dodgepot. He fumbled Shola's second into the net.

Had someone like Taylor or Given played badly, I wouldn't be on their case as much. I may have been a little hard on Martins, but it's not like he is always one to give his all and push the team forward.

As far as I'm concerned with Owen, if he wasn't interested, even in one game, that's enough for me to want him out.

To be fair i don't think Owen neccesarilly will look massively interested all of the time (at any of his clubs) during a match and then suddenly he's scored a goal. Strikers can at times seem like that. And he did indeed score!

To be fair i don't think Owen neccesarilly will look massively interested all of the time (at any of his clubs) during a match and then suddenly he's scored a goal. Strikers can at times seem like that. And he did indeed score!

I agree, apart from in the case of Shola, as this theory goes against my agenda. :razz:

I agree, apart from in the case of Shola, as this theory goes against my agenda. :razz:

Well he scored two goals, so he's twice as interested as Owen was! :razz:

Cool, thanks for those... what shit goals though :razz:

Dyer seem to do well for our first two though, let's hope him and the Zog can make it hard for defenders by pacing around the field.

That's okay then, I knew he got married just recently but herd he was in training by him self. Just feeling optimistic about him this season. :razz:

What, optimistic in that he'll fuck off from the club or optimistic in that he'll do ok?

He will do OK this season, chip with a few more goals and assists.

looked a good game from the commentry on .co.uk should of won by about 10. good to see ameobi scored but the keeper fumbled the second so he still shit in my books.

James Troisi looked impressive from the brief clip.

What position did he play? He's meant to be a striker isn't he.

why is he not at the asia cup

James Troisi looked impressive from the brief clip.

What position did he play? He's meant to be a striker isn't he.

why is he not at the asia cup

Why doesn't Carroll play for England?

yeah but troisi has played for austraila before