Is this place dying a death?

Gemmill

I think I'm probably posting on here a lot less, and I don't think Alex is as prolific as he used to be. Manc-mag and SLP are pretty much never on here anymore, and there are plenty others whose posting is becoming more fleeting as time passes.

Is HTT the new Nostradamus or is this just a summer lull brought about by it being the close season?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm probably posting on here a lot less, and I don't think Alex is as prolific as he used to be. Manc-mag and SLP are pretty much never on here anymore, and there are plenty others whose posting is becoming more fleeting as time passes.

Is HTT the new Nostradamus or is this just a summer lull brought about by it being the close season?

I don't post as much at the moment. Partly because I've had spells where I've been too busy, and partly because the place is so slow nowadays - which is a self perpetuating cycle, I guess.

I hope the place keeps ticking by though - it is a form of social contact and I really don't want to go on N-O. So if this place dies, then I go with it. :crying:

And this brings me on to another point. Why is this place not as popular as N-O? Is it harder to find? Is it too cliquey? Does Gemmill put people off?

It's ironic that the place probably more "real" social events than most other boards too, but is this related to its perpetuality?

I've noticed and SMO mentioned it to me the other day. Spent most of my day yesterday on SMB :crying:

The SMB you to be a canny board in its day with toon toon, Paully, etc, but I reckon that's gone downhill too.

I've noticed and SMO mentioned it to me the other day. Spent most of my day yesterday on SMB :crying:

The SMB you to be a canny board in its day with toon toon, Paully, etc, but I reckon that's gone downhill too.

Aye, as the SMB has got bigger it's picked up a ton of retard posters who dilute the quality content. Used to be class when Laputian was in his pomp.

As to why this place isn't as popular, part of it is because it hasn't been "marketed" in the way N-O has. HTT set out to make that place big and popular, and he did a pretty good job. I think this place is definitely cliquey (I don't think that that's necessarily a fault, it's just a function of the fact that a lot of us actually do know one another in real life too), and that can't be easy for new users.

I can't see me being on here very much at all during the day in my new job.

As someone who posts a bit on N-O and very infrequently I have to say I do find it harder to contribute/join in here. Hard to explain why, but it's probably a product of there being a smaller group of posters who all post very frequently. Also, due entirely to the fact that many people on here know each other there are refereneces to certain things that an 'outsider' who doesn't know anyone wouldn't get in almost every thread.

Well it won't die so even if it ends up being you and me Renton, we'll carry on together. :crying:

We've invested in upgrading the place so we're not about to pull the plug. Plus, we're aware that there has been a bit of a lull recently so we've been coming up with ideas behind the scenes which will be implemented shortly.

Bottom line is for this place to keep 'ticking by', you lot have to keep posting. I'm aware of Gemmill's situation regarding his job and that Alex hasn't been as frequent as he used to be but there are more than 5 regular posters on here.

It's likely things will pick up next month IMO and hopefully the feedback after the piss-up weekend should be entertaining...

As someone who posts a bit on N-O and very infrequently I have to say I do find it harder to contribute/join in here. Hard to explain why, but it's probably a product of there being a smaller group of posters who all post very frequently. Also, due entirely to the fact that many people on here know each other there are refereneces to certain things that an 'outsider' who doesn't know anyone wouldn't get in almost every thread.

You pick those bits up as you go along... here's a quick roundup...

Gemmill is ginger

The Fish is fat

Alex is bald

Toplass and Radgina are piss heads

and Renton is a miserable git.

Think that's covered it! :crying:

What the board needs is the return of Leazes Mag to stir up a few arguments!

With everything that has happened recently - new manager, board, the Toon raid etc the place should be buzzing but it is definately too quiet.

I had a brief exchange with him on NO last night, and honestly the last thing this place needs is him back. It's just the same old cobblers about how I'm an idiot for backing Souness when it almost landed the club in financial ruin. Then you point out that Shepherd was the man who appointed and gave him the cash, then you get "all he was doing was backing his manager which is what good boards do. You won't know what it's like under a bad board blah blah blah". Honestly when you get him going on that subject he comes across like a braindead fucking cretin, which is a shame because on other things he can talk a lot of sense. Unfortunately though, defending Shepherd and arguing against non-existent foes who have never actually said the things he attributes to them is how he likes to go about things and it's as boring as fuck.

With everything that has happened recently - new manager, board, the Toon raid etc the place should be buzzing but it is definately too quiet.

People running out of things to complain about. :crying:

tbh i have not been on n-o for ages, my account was deleted (at my request) and i have not created a new one yet, might get round to it today :crying: )

Time for Holden to step to the plate and take this board forward. :huff:

:crying: PM me for pointers if you like. :jesuswept:

I only need one question answered Gemmill:

How do I get a job that allows me to post non-stop all day ??? :PMT:

Time for Holden to step to the plate and take this board forward. <_<

:crying: PM me for pointers if you like. :PMT:

I only need one question answered Gemmill:

How do I get a job that allows me to post non-stop all day ??? :huff:

Gemmill's soon to be ex-firm will be hiring soon :jesuswept:

Without wanting to build up his ego, I think having someone like Gemmil missing compared to his previous post rate is detrimental to this board. It used to be that whenever anything happened it was posted immediately, now for that you are better of on NO.

I still much prefer it here though as there are some right spanners on there who's only goal appears to be to argue withing anything other people say.

Definitely detrimental to this board not having me post as often like. And I say that as someone who doesn't even get to experience that "OMG GEMMILL'S POSTED! WONDER WHAT HE'S SAID THIS TIME!" moment that you lot must get every time you see my name as the last post in a thread. I remember one of The Beatles talking about how regretful he was that he never actually go to experience the thrill of watching The Beatles play. That's what it's like for me on here.

:crying:

for what its worth, i think there are a few people on here that are good for the place, and a few that aren't.

there doesn't seem to be loads going on at the club at the moment except for the preseason stuff, but that doesn't mean we can't all talk.

The current predicament I believe can be directly associted to when Magma signed up. :jesuswept:

:crying: If this was a building rather than a message board, we'd definitely have needed to install ramps about the place when Magma joined.

Definitely detrimental to this board not having me post as often like. And I say that as someone who doesn't even get to experience that "OMG GEMMILL'S POSTED! WONDER WHAT THE TWATS BABBLING ON ABOUT THIS TIME!" moment that you lot must get every time you see my name as the last post in a thread. I remember one of The Beatles talking about how regretful he was that he never actually go to experience the thrill of watching The Beatles play. That's what it's like for me on here.

:crying:

FYP :jesuswept: