Is this place dying a death?

Gemmill

Definitely detrimental to this board not having me post as often like. And I say that as someone who doesn't even get to experience that "OMG GEMMILL'S POSTED! WONDER WHAT THE TWATS BABBLING ON ABOUT THIS TIME!" moment that you lot must get every time you see my name as the last post in a thread. I remember one of The Beatles talking about how regretful he was that he never actually go to experience the thrill of watching The Beatles play. That's what it's like for me on here.

:crying:

FYP :jesuswept:

That's just silly.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd imagine the close season isn't helping matters.

I'm pretty new here, and I can't comment on what this place was like months or years ago, but it is definently more active and has a higher posting standard than a lot of other Newcastle United forums.

The current predicament I believe can be directly associted to when Magma signed up. :PMT:

:crying: If this was a building rather than a message board, we'd definitely have needed to install ramps about the place when Magma joined.

:jesuswept:

Well we already made the door frames larger for Fish, so why not!

Been doing this shit for a year or two. The novelty is wearing off. Still pop back in a lunch hour, or of an evening, but can't remember the last time I spent my whole day at work refreshing like I've done in the past. Even when Roeder went or Ashley came I wasn't glued to the place for any news.

Not that I was ever a Beatle like Gemmill, more of a Zombie.

Been doing this shit for a year or two. The novelty is wearing off. Still pop back in a lunch hour, or of an evening, but can't remember the last time I spent my whole day at work refreshing like I've done in the past. Even when Roeder went or Ashley came I wasn't glued to the place for any news.

I wonder if that's it. Whether it's just the novelty of message boards in general. I mean I've been on these things now since 2001. Sooner or later I suppose you'll just get bored of them and not bother anymore. Maybe. Dunno.

I admit myself to not being able to contribute to some of the threads when it's all a bit pally.

But i also admit to being a bit repetitive eg, calling Wacky a dwarf and Meenzer a horrible bender.

We need something like the Bizarre thread every other month to raise the profile and keep people interested.

Perhaps we need to stage a thread similar to the Bizarre one to get it rolling again, tell you's what. I'll place a picture of my cock in a copy of the Chronicle at the work shop with a note on asking if anyone wants a portion, Peasepud can stroll down and purchase it and post the details and we can get things going. Obviously he'll have to post the picture of my cock on here to drum up interest but it'll be for the best trust me.

But i also admit to being a bit repetitive eg, calling Wacky a dwarf and Meenzer a horrible bender.

:crying: Horrible bender made me laugh for some reason. I thought you'd been to the pissups anyway and knew us all but just weren't revealing yourself. :jesuswept: Load of shite!

I admit myself to not being able to contribute to some of the threads when it's all a bit pally.

We need something like the Bizarre thread every other month to raise the profile and keep people interested.

Perhaps we need to stage a thread similar to the Bizarre one to get it rolling again, tell you's what. I'll place a picture of my cock in a copy of the Chronicle at the work shop with a note on asking if anyone wants a portion, Peasepud can stroll down and purchase it and post the details and we can get things going. Obviously he'll have to post the picture of my cock on here to drum up interest but it'll be for the best trust me.

Thats got me laughing me tits off (the bizarre thread - not his cock) and made me join the forum

I think all forums get state from time to time but this one has plenty of banter and patter.

A top quality thread is all it needs to bring them back.

I've been stupidly busy as work, all because someone left a "Gemmill" and I've not got my flat sorted with broadband yet (they should be installing the tv this sunday and the broadband should follow shortly.)

I wouldn't say that I contribute high quality posts, but I do post a lot of shit which provokes a response. Most of the response is to call me fat like, but still I like to think I help get things going. :crying:

so effectively my absence is directly responsible for the disturbing quiet. :jesuswept:

I manage to post a lot without actually saying anything which does not help that much. :jesuswept:

I direct your attention to the FPA thread to further support this statement. :crying:

I know what will revive this place.

the Dr Seuss thread and the GRC thread.

Maybe the place will pick up a bit once the season starts. :crying:

Aye, a thread like this always comes up every close seasons. However first match tonight so we will have people on later talking about it.

Top threads at the moment

1. How shit is this place

2. Cancer

3. A picture of the Tyne with a fly on the lense

4. A console no-one's bought

5. the roads

6. Magma's last 5 thoughts

7. The latest top 2J's bought

8. How do people shop for their Groceries

It's a wonder ANYONE posts tbf.

Edited by Happy Face

From someone who's not been around long, it is a big thing to join in a topic with all you guys, especially when you dont know anyone. Though in saying that I've been reading the boards for a few years now and even though I don't know many of you I feel like I know you all well.

2. Cancer

5. the roads

Start a thread on something you think is interesting then?

This place has always been about talking shit tttt. I'm the most prolific poster for a start. Some of the old skool lot - Manc-mag, SLP etc. are a miss though. As is dotobagolbum.

2. Cancer

5. the roads

Start a thread on something you think is interesting then?

That's never really proved too succesful...

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...ult_type=topics

Though I did enjoy the fight one.

From someone who's not been around long, it is a big thing to join in a topic with all you guys, especially when you dont know anyone. Though in saying that I've been reading the boards for a few years now and even though I don't know many of you I feel like I know you all well.

Think I might have sat next to you at a match. Didn't you buy a ticket off catmag for a game once? I was the handsome bastard on your left.

This place has always been about talking shit tttt. I'm the most prolific poster for a start. Some of the old skool lot - Manc-mag, SLP etc. are a miss though. As is dotobagolbum.

I'll see if I can get the Irish muppet to start posting again. Agree he's been a miss.

I'm sure this place'll be fine once the new season kicks in (or the next time someone does something to aggravate a bunch of the regulars over on the other place :crying:). It's a fair point about your internet use and stuff changing over time though - over time, the Eurovision "community" I'm part of (and not in the "care in the..." sense :jesuswept:) has moved from an e-mail mailing list to an IRC chatroom to a guestbook-style messageboard, leaving some stragglers in its wake each time, and with the same regular meetups and sense of "real life" you get with the clique on this place, but now it's become so diffuse - what with everyone having always-on internet, being on MSN the whole time and whatever - that people just aren't as bothered about having a single source for checking in on people, some of whom they like, some of whom they dislike and some of whom they couldn't care less about.

I'm sure this place'll be fine once the new season kicks in (or the next time someone does something to aggravate a bunch of the regulars over on the other place :crying:). It's a fair point about your internet use and stuff changing over time though - over time, the Eurovision "community" I'm part of (and not in the "care in the..." sense :jesuswept:) has moved from an e-mail mailing list to an IRC chatroom to a guestbook-style messageboard, leaving some stragglers in its wake each time, and with the same regular meetups and sense of "real life" you get with the clique on this place, but now it's become so diffuse - what with everyone having always-on internet, being on MSN the whole time and whatever - that people just aren't as bothered about having a single source for checking in on people, some of whom they like, some of whom they dislike and some of whom they couldn't care less about.

:PMT:

I thought you were joking about the Eurovision community.

We are currently working on a lot of ideas to make this place more useful and popular. As a by product if you click the RSS link at the bottom of the General and NUFC chat forums you can get the latest topics in your RSS reader so you never need miss a thing :crying: