Is this place dying a death?

Gemmill

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time we had a decent serious thread? Without idiots like Leazes to argue against, pretty much everyone has the same politics on this board, and they go nowhere. Except perhaps for the conspiracy theory type threads, which attract the likes of Parky.

Of course, some people are too intellectually challenged for said threads and prefer to act the clown. :razz::razz:

Suggestion number one: Lock the five current facts about you. If you want to talk about something you're doing which may generate some interest or a daft thread, then instead of including it in a list on there where most people won't even bother responding to it, start a thread about it, and see what happens. I started a thread about making sandwiches a couple of weeks ago which, while not exactly groundbreaking, made it to 20 pages or so and pretty much passed a day at work with banter. Things like that people are just putting as fact 3 in their five facts lists and losing out on the opportunity to start new threads imo.

:razz: I actually agree with Toontastics wannabee internet hardman.. :razz:

The irony yesterday that this thread had constant viewers and posts in it with complaints about people not posting was just mongtastic IMO. How many times now do we need people complaining that the threads etc kicking about are boring, Ehhhhh post something new then?? :razz:

To be fair, this thread wasn't really about the quality of threads on the board, it was a genuine question as to whether people were moving away from the place over time. It then morphed into a "what can we do to fix it" thread.

Glad to see you agree with me though Ritchie - I've always maintained that you're not as stupid as you look. :razz:

Actually on reflection I am not so sure locking the 5 current facts thread would be such a good idea?

1. Listening to music

2. Fucking bored

3. Mam just came in from work

4. Aunty and mam going to ASDA later on

5. Would of went, but don't want to miss Big Brother

I mean how would we know when Magmas mum was doing her weekly shopping? :razz:

You're right, we probably need to ban Magma tbh. That's suggestion number 2. :razz:

You are sooooo going to be a marked man at the footie. We'll need to get the cameras ready for when Magma puts you up in the air.. :razz:

Assuming he turns up.

When was the last time we had a decent serious thread? Without idiots like Leazes to argue against, pretty much everyone has the same politics on this board, and they go nowhere. Except perhaps for the conspiracy theory type threads, which attract the likes of Parky.

Of course, some people are too intellectually challenged for said threads and prefer to act the clown. :razz::razz:

Whats everyones politics? happy clapping liberal?

I sense an argument. :razz:

Dyed in the wool Tory. You?

I must admit to lean towards the right on certain matters - and if any of you fuckers defend the McCanns actions in Portugal this board will melt down.

My loafing privaledges (sp?) have been revoked the last few weeks.

However over the next month or so they should be back to normal. :razz:

Not at all, but hate the way this country is going, no sensible debate can be achieved on anything important, as shit "buzz lines" are spewed up by happy clappers to scared to voice an opinion. i.e any debate on immigration and you're racist etc.

I must admit to lean towards the right on certain matters - and if any of you fuckers defend the McCanns actions in Portugal this board will melt down.

Vic did on N-O, unsurprisingly. I find the condemnation of their actions a bit crass under the circumstances though.

Not at all, but hate the way this country is going, no sensible debate can be achieved on anything important, as shit "buzz lines" are spewed up by happy clappers to scared to voice an opinion. i.e any debate on immigration and you're racist etc.

I totally agree actually. The Tory bit was tongue-in-cheek though.

I'm not going to defend the McCanns or the ridiculous publicity they have generated, no argument there.

I am a liberal as it happens, meaning in my general outlook, rather than the party, which I despise.

This brings me back to the days of Ross Gurko and Northern Soul. Time was when you could have great arguments on this board. I was never sure if Northern Soul really hated me for having a middle class(ish) upbringing or not. Old skool. :(

Vic did on N-O, unsurprisingly. I find the condemnation of their actions a bit crass under the circumstances though.

This probably isn't the thread for that discussion, start another one and I'll voice my opinions.

I totally agree actually. The Tory bit was tongue-in-cheek though

Could never vote tory, from a long line of miners - just wouldn't sit right.

Edited by Delscottio1

I'm not going to defend the McCanns or the ridiculous publicity they have generated, no argument there.

I am a liberal as it happens, meaning in my general outlook, rather than the party, which I despise.

This brings me back to the days of Ross Gurko and Northern Soul. Time was when you could have great arguments on this board. I was never sure if Northern Soul really hated me for having a middle class(ish) upbringing or not. Old skool. :(

Anyone who works for aliving is working class tbh....

I fancy Northern Soul was middle class type himself. Traitor to his roots :razz: Good value though. Good taste in music too. He occasionally lurks and very occasionally posts on N-O.

No they aren't.

Middle class to me is more the attitude not the actual employment status. If someone wants to better themselves and go on and make a decent living they're middle class, someone working in a factory just trundling along to retirement, getting lashed every other night etc is working class. My opinion obviously

Middle class to me is more the attitude not the actual employment status. If someone wants to better themselves and go on and make a decent living they're middle class, someone working in a factory just trundling along to retirement, getting lashed every other night etc is working class. My opinion obviously

I thinks there's more precise sociological definitions than that. :razz:

The working class as were traditionally known is a dying breed though.

I think you can be working class and not work in a factory/get lashed every other night tbh. I don't really view myself either way although I probably work in what would be considered a middle class profession. I sort of see what you mean about the "attitude" thing though.

Edited by Gemmill