mock the week

2bias

Very well improvised stuff

Aye but how much is actually improvised?

Frankie Boyle is fucking class on it.

I like Frankie Boyle and Sean Lock when they're on 8 out of 10 cats too.

totally different styles but both very funny.

that fat yorkshire bloke riding the Peter Kay wave is average

but 8oo10c, MTW, HIGNFY are the funniest shows on tv (excluding things like Simpsons and Seinfeld etc.)

ok, I know that's poor.. erm. Hows about.. They're the funniest shows on television where the premise relies upon the perception that the show is improvised rather than scripted situational comedy.

a little tortuous but more likely to appease the pedants.

Boyle is a legend on that show, the only one to consistently make the other comics laugh out loud. I wish he'd hurry up and do a stand-up tour.

Agreed he is a complete legend but I would imagine you wouldn't get on with him too well if he was one of your mates. :lol:

I'm a fan of Mock the Week and especially Frankie Boyle who is always class on it.

As Fish said these days about the only decent British Comedy being produced is these sorts of panel shows like HIGNFY, MTW, EOOTC and Never mind the buzzcocks as well.

As Fish said these days about the only decent British Comedy being produced is these sorts of panel shows like HIGNFY, MTW, EOOTC and Never mind the buzzcocks as well.

:lol:

I'd hoped annually retentitive was going to mark the death knell for the poorer ones.

HIGNFY and QI are the only ones I can get away with personally.

The Thick Of It and Peep Show shit on them all though.

Seems very scripted even by the standards of these sorts of programmes. It can be quite funny though.

More pre-prepared i'd say. Like alot of these programmes they'll have an idea of what's coming so they can have a few lines ready and anyway its a programme that reguarly gives them the chance to use their stand up material (one round actually asks them to!) so they will seem quite slick as its stuff they do every night.

I'd say the only ones possibly close to being scripted are the voiceover ones when they've blatantly seen it before as the timing is spot on and it couldn't be on a first go. And the round where Frankies says one thing and Hugh Dennis says what he really means, i think Hugh is already aware of what Frankie will be saying.

Don't know why i particularly posted any of that as its not remotely interesting, but we're trying to post more on here to keep it going aren't we! :lol:

:lol:

I'd hoped annually retentitive was going to mark the death knell for the poorer ones.

HIGNFY and QI are the only ones I can get away with personally.

The Thick Of It and Peep Show shit on them all though.

Can't believe i forgot QI as it is the daddy of them all these days!

I am a fan of Peep Show but it'll be a long while till theres another series of that on TV, if at all, so wasn't counting it with current comedy. Or had i just carelessly forgotten about it!!!

The bit just on was funny when the bizzies got stuck in the flooded road :lol:

We've been talking about it and i forgot to watch the fucker! I'll have to catch the repeat. I watch Mock the week, forget about Hyperdrive (just as they forgot to add any jokes, wasting the likes of Nick Frost and "The actor" Kevin Eldon) and then watch Still Game.

I tend to like it when there's one woman on those kinds of shows, they can get a bit... well... blokey and clever-clever otherwise.

I just find them very unfunny, you could almost feel them cringing (that a word) when she was doing the bit on suicide bombers!

Aye, that women on last night is awful, I know she's been on a few times..it's just all too predictable..I call it the Lenny Henry syndrome. Me and the Mrs were having a discussion about female comedians the other night, after finding out that Gina Yashere is through to the semi finals on Last Comic Standing and I think she is quite possible the worst comedian I've ever seen. Nothing she says or does is funny. I don't really get Ross Noble, but I totally understand why people find him funny. Gina Yashere though, it's all been done before and you can guess the punchline about a minute before she deilvers it.

Russell Howard is class though, if you get the chance listen to him on Radio 6 on a Sunday with his mate Jon Richardson who I think is even funnier but never seems to do tele.

Me and the Mrs were having a discussion about female comedians the other night, after finding out that Gina Yashere is through to the semi finals on Last Comic Standing and I think she is quite possible the worst comedian I've ever seen. Nothing she says or does is funny. I don't really get Ross Noble, but I totally understand why people find him funny. Gina Yashere though, it's all been done before and you can guess the punchline about a minute before she deilvers it.

Absolutely agree. She wouldn't be getting work simply because she's black and a female? :lol:

Aye, that women on last night is awful, I know she's been on a few times..it's just all too predictable..I call it the Lenny Henry syndrome. Me and the Mrs were having a discussion about female comedians the other night, after finding out that Gina Yashere is through to the semi finals on Last Comic Standing and I think she is quite possible the worst comedian I've ever seen. Nothing she says or does is funny. I don't really get Ross Noble, but I totally understand why people find him funny. Gina Yashere though, it's all been done before and you can guess the punchline about a minute before she deilvers it.

Russell Howard is class though, if you get the chance listen to him on Radio 6 on a Sunday with his mate Jon Richardson who I think is even funnier but never seems to do tele.

I agree, not just unfunny, but highlights the fact by usually resorting to shouting things louder, as if that makes it funny, how she got thorugh to that last comic standing i can't imagine!

Its the same on most of these type of shows, there's a few women who can handle it, such as Jo Brand (who's standup i wouldn't bother with, but is good on these shows imo) but often they are just so weak next to the blokes.

You get more women who can handle it on say HIGNFY who aren't comedians at all, usually from the media or some oher area and they work out well.