Whats the worst job you have done?

Scottish Mag

Never had a manual labour type job - been dss since i left school.

Worst job - probably working with the various chemicals needed to produce microfiche - minging.

Looking at my CV I'd have to say it would certainly be working in a call-centre. I don't even think while in school I was ever talked to in the way I was while working for this pompous prick.

I was chatting to a colleague next to me which must have only been for two or three seconds while sorting some data out before making myself available again to answer the phone from clients when my phone rang internally. It was one of the team leaders from the other side of the room telling me to stop chatting and get on with my work! I explained what I was doing, but he stuck to his guns and thought I was taking the piss. I told him ok, fair enough and put the phone down. He then rang again and told me to come over. I walked over & he gave me a lecture about putting the phone down on him then told me to get in the meeting room and wait for him to come over.

He came into the room and straight up to me saying 'I don't know who you think you are' I know you think your a hard man don't you!?' <_< I replied, no I don't actually and I don't see where you’re going with this. <_< I then explained what I was doing and meant no offence by it. He then just looked at me while his bottom lip trembled and his eyes became teary. I thought, my, my, hasn't he approached this situation wrong. <_< I just looked him straight in the eye and he just looked like he was gonna break down so I just basically said I don't take the piss, I always give 100% and appologised if I came across aggressive in any way. :doh:

So, from being the hard man, to a weepy pratt he became civilized and apologized too.

That happened because I stood my ground and I'll never allow anyone to talk to me in that way in or outside of work because it's bullying & intimidation which was just totally uncalled for.

The guy was the same age as me, 26, strolls into work as he pleases and does fuck all but chat up the lasses on his team and spies on people through listening in on them. I couldn't believe my ears when he was saying that stuff. I didn't know whether to laugh or hit him so I just tried to level with him as I could see he put himself in a place that he could just not handle. :lol: