Nicky Butt

NobbySol

Ive been reading a few other links and many have identified nicky butt as a potential captain. Am i the only one who thinks hes prty damn shit and unbelievably overated. Personally id like to see him leave the club as long as a squad player is brought in. Does anyone agree with me or am i in the minority.....

Edited by MattM4

I thought he was excellent at times last season, showed Parker up on several occasions, if Allardyce can have the same kind of effect on Butt's career as he did with Gary Speed, I'd be happy for him to be an active member of the team.

He redeemed himself last year with some great games, it was enough for me to put what happened in the past. Don't see the point in hanging onto it. I certainly wouldn't mind if he was made captain.

Guest stevieintoon

The only reason people are dismissing him as captain, is his first season and Cardiff, and prejudice against the fact he's Man Utd through and through. Fact. If ever a toon player has come back from adversity and deserved respect it;s him.

NANNANANANNANANAAAAAAAAA NICKY NICKY BUTT NICKY BUTT NICKY NICKY BUTT

Like Milner he's a player who stands out for giving 100% rather than actually being that good, I'd like to see him become a squad player and for us to sign that young lad Diarra from Chelsea.

Like Milner he's a player who stands out for giving 100% rather than actually being that good, I'd like to see him become a squad player and for us to sign that young lad Diarra from Chelsea.

Quoted for truthocity.

I'll go along with that. The fact that Milner and Butt are held in so high regard last season is more due to the utter shitness that was last season.

Captain should be pretty much expected to play every game if fit. Seeing as how Barton has now taken Butts place it would be pretty silly to make Butt captain.

Surely he has taken Parkers place? He certainly isnt a holding midfielder.

Captain should be pretty much expected to play every game if fit. Seeing as how Barton has now taken Butts place it would be pretty silly to make Butt captain.

Surely he has taken Parkers place? He certainly isnt a holding midfielder.

too right. don't see barton being made captain, however.

I think Butt was excellent last season and I would hate to lose him. The occasions when he misplaced passes mainly happened when another inept player passed back to him when he was already marked or rightly did not expect the ball to be given back to him. He put in a huge effort in every game I saw him play in. Some people just cannot see past his first awful season here.