Sunday's gossip column

Scottish Mag

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Arsenal midfielder Freddie Ljungberg is poised for a £3m move to West Ham. (Various)

Promoted Birmingham are to make a club record £10m swoop for Middlesbrough striker Yakubu. (News of the World)

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is chasing Porto's Portugal right-back Jose Bosingwa for £3m. (Various)

Wigan are lining up a £700,000 move for Paris St Germain defender Sammy Traore. (News of the World)

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce wants Norwegian centre-half Brede Hangeland from FC Copenhagen. (Various)

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp is to offer £4m for Hamburg striker Jose Paulo Guerrero. (People)

Newcastle are targeting Real Madrid striker Julio Baptista, who was on loan at Arsenal last season. (Sunday Mirror)

Werder Bremen want Bolton striker Nicolas Anelka after Arsenal's interest stalled. (Sunday Mirror)

West Ham are poised to make a bid for Portsmouth striker Lomana LuaLua after he moved down the pecking order at Fratton Park. (Sunday Mirror)

But Hammers boss Alan Curbishley may step up his interest in Newcastle's Kieron Dyer after the Hammers lost 2-0 to Lazio on Saturday. (Sunday Mirror)

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is still confident he can sign Carlos Tevez, despite the legal wrangles delaying his move from West Ham. (Daily Express)

OTHER GOSSIP

Arsenal have told Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone they are not interested in his takeover bid. (Various)

AND FINALLY

David Beckham is set to earn a mouthwatering £250million from his United States adventure with Los Angeles Galaxy over the next five years. (News of the World).

But Chelsea skipper John Terry insists he would never move to America for the big bucks like his England team-mate Becks. (News of the World)

SAM ALLARDYCE wants Norwegian centre-half Brede Hangeland to shore up his Newcastle defence.

He hopes to land the 6ft 4in defender in the next few days and will pay FC Copenhagen about £2.3million.

Hangeland, 26, has been looking to move to England but was overlooked by the likes of Everton.

However, Allardyce thinks he can be a major addition to the St James' Park squad.

The Toon boss has already landed Czech Republic ace David Rozehnal and has England Under-21 star Stephen Taylor available, but he wants Hangeland to fight for a place.

Hangeland, born in America, can double up as a defensive midfielder, but Newcastle want him as a powerful solution to their old problems at the back.

Norway international Hangeland's natural leadership skills made him skipper of FC Copenhagen, where he has been a regular for two seasons.

He is under contract until September 2009, but Copenhagen will let him leave for the right money and Newcastle are negotiating.

And Allardyce's agents already have been in touch with the player's camp to push the move along and it should be done in the next few days.

SAM ALLARDYCE wants Norwegian centre-half Brede Hangeland to shore up his Newcastle defence.

He hopes to land the 6ft 4in defender in the next few days and will pay FC Copenhagen about £2.3million.

Hangeland, 26, has been looking to move to England but was overlooked by the likes of Everton.

However, Allardyce thinks he can be a major addition to the St James' Park squad.

The Toon boss has already landed Czech Republic ace David Rozehnal and has England Under-21 star Stephen Taylor available, but he wants Hangeland to fight for a place.

Hangeland, born in America, can double up as a defensive midfielder, but Newcastle want him as a powerful solution to their old problems at the back.

Norway international Hangeland's natural leadership skills made him skipper of FC Copenhagen, where he has been a regular for two seasons.

He is under contract until September 2009, but Copenhagen will let him leave for the right money and Newcastle are negotiating.

And Allardyce's agents already have been in touch with the player's camp to push the move along and it should be done in the next few days.

I don't think he'll get hangeland for 2.3 mill. I'd bet he'll have to go a bit over 3 mill for Hangeland. FCK are shit wealthy, and didn't sell Gravgaard for 3.2 mill in winter. Unlike most danish clubs, they don't have to sell players. They can wait for the right offer.

wont happen. sam made it clear he needs defenders

Hangelaand playes central defence for FCK. He apparently CAN play in a defensiv midfield, but haven't yet in the danish premiership. He is one of the best defenders in denmark, but that doesn't at all mean, he'll make it in the premier league

Hangelaand playes central defence for FCK. He apparently CAN play in a defensiv midfield, but haven't yet in the danish premiership. He is one of the best defenders in denmark, but that doesn't at all mean, he'll make it in the premier league

I think he was talking about the Baptista link there.

I think he was talking about the Baptista link there.

Ooooh... my bad

Baptista, no chance, remember this ?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...amp;hl=baptista

Not necessarily.

Julio Baptista wants a go at breaking into Bernd Schuster's Real Madrid team before considering his options.

Baptista is back with Liga champions after spending last season on loan with Arsenal.

The Brazilian forward has been linked with a move to Newcastle, but Baptista is keen to win a place in Schuster's side before looking further afield.

"I believe I showed at Arsenal last season that I can play in England score goals and make goals," he told the Sunday Mirror.

"Newcastle is a big club but before I consider a move I need to know about my future with Real.

"I want the chance in pre-season to show our new coach Bernd Schuster I should be part of his plans.

"If things don't work out here I will have to look at other options in Spain and England."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...ting+Real+first

Villarreal are considering a move for Real Madrid forward Julio Baptista, according to reports in Spain.

The Brazilian spent last season on loan at Arsenal and it is not known if he features in the plans of new Real coach Bernd Schuster.

Baptista has said he would like to have a chance at Real over the next few weeks before considering other alternatives.

Newcastle were linked with a move for Baptista over the weekend and it is now understood that Villarreal have joined the chase.

Villarreal are looking to strengthen their attacking options after agreeing to let Diego Forlan join Atletico Madrid.

It is thought they will have to pay €10million (£6.7million) for the 25-year-old, who is still on holiday in Brazil following the Copa America.