Andy Carroll

Guest stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon

I don't go to any reserve games these days, but one thing I can tell you is Andy Carroll has a genuine chance of making it. His touch is superb, he's skillful, he wrigles out of situations that seem impossible, and I think we should give him two years at least to progress.

I think one thing he needs is building up, he's like a streak of piss, and he doesn't shoot enough, but I think we genuinely could have a bit of a rough diamond on our hands. He takes players on and beats them, but like I say the strength factor is all he needs to add and finishing. There's rumours he's actually going to Carlisle on loan, I think it would be a good move for all concerned, certainly I think he has a much better chance of establishing himself as a future toon player in the Premiership than Michael Chopra did.

I would like to see him loaned out. He has the ingredients for being a great player. He just needs to play. He won't do that if he stays. Great prospect indeed!!!

I don't go to any reserve games these days, but one thing I can tell you is Andy Carroll has a genuine chance of making it. His touch is superb, he's skillful, he wrigles out of situations that seem impossible, and I think we should give him two years at least to progress.

I think one thing he needs is building up, he's like a streak of piss, and he doesn't shoot enough, but I think we genuinely could have a bit of a rough diamond on our hands. He takes players on and beats them, but like I say the strength factor is all he needs to add and finishing. There's rumours he's actually going to Carlisle on loan, I think it would be a good move for all concerned, certainly I think he has a much better chance of establishing himself as a future toon player in the Premiership than Michael Chopra did.

Same old rant as when Chopra was reserving it up!

bollox

I think Gol was saying he's off to Scunthorpe this season.

That was certainly the news down this way on, and he did visit the club/manager/chairman. I guess when he saw the stadium he had second thoughts :lol:

Actually, it's more down to the fact that Scunthorpe wanted him for the season, and Sam wouldn't release him for that long.

he's the next Shearer IMO

Glad you aren't getting too carried away there.

I think he's just playing it safe in case Carroll gets injured or something. Most people can see that he's already better than Shearer ever was.

he's the next Shearer IMO

Glad you aren't getting too carried away there.

sorry it's taken me a while to respond, I needed an excavation crew to remove tongue from cheek :lol:

But Carroll does already look like he has a better chance than Chops.

yeah he does he is quick and got a bit of strength an a good head but i think he could do with bulking up a bit.

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has revealed that he has been inundated with offers for 18-year-old striker Andy Carroll.

The youngster made his debut in the Uefa Cup match against Palermo last year and he signed a long-term deal in April 2007.

With new striker Mark Viduka away on international duty Carroll has started both of Newcastle's pre-season fixtures.

However, Carroll could well find Premier League starts hard to come by next season as The Magpies now have a healthy front-line in Viduka, Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins, Albert Luque and Shola Ameobi.

Allardyce explained that the starlet could be sent out on loan but the decision would be in the player's best interest.

"I have heard so much about Andy from other managers because they keep ringing up and asking for him on loan, which rather excited me about the potential of the young man," Allardyce said.

"There is very good potential there. Whether it's going to be in key areas in the Premier League this year, I'll decide that further down the line as the season comes closer.

"He can play a part now because Mark Viduka is away, but when Mark comes back, I will have a full assessment and there might be the possibility that one of those managers gets lucky.

"I may loan him out if I feel that's the right thing for Andy and the right thing for us.

"Or if he carries on improving and showing the sort of potential he's got, I might decide to keep him here and use him when I feel necessary to give him some Premier League experience."

Guest stevieintoon

Whole season, so in January say you're a shit club like Colchester in the CCC, you're playing pish, you have loads of injuries, you need back up, you can't loan anyone for the rest of the season.

That's ridiculous.

Was there a proper reason behind this? Be great to get some of the young players(Krul/Hunty/Edgar/BAC) out for a few months to local clubs.

Did Ramage ever get out on loan to a league club?

Whole season, so in January say you're a shit club like Colchester in the CCC, you're playing pish, you have loads of injuries, you need back up, you can't loan anyone for the rest of the season.

That's only a premiership ruling though isn't it?

That's only a premiership ruling though isn't it?

Same for everyone now I think.

Hull City remain in the hunt for a striker with Newcastle United junior Andy Carroll topping Phil Brown's list.

Brown is interested in securing the eighteen year old services on a year long loan after watching the striker several times last season and once this pre-season during Newcastle's match at Hartlepool United.

Carroll is a hot prospect at Newcastle United, with the young striker still having four years remaining on his Newcastle deal, and whilst Carroll my struggle to break into the Newcastle first-team, the opportunity to move on loan to gain first-team experience may prove to be an opportunity too good to resist.

Brown's hopes of landing the youngster on a loan deal are boosted by the fact he is dealing with his former boss at Bolton Wanderers Sam Allardyce. With Allardyce also keen for the youngster to gain first-team experience, Allardyce is likely to want the player move to be with a manager he knows; hence Phil Brown stands in a strong position to sign Carroll.

Whilst a permanent move is certainly out of the question at this moment in time, a loan deal should be arranged by the Doncaster Rovers friendly on Saturday.