Solano: We will be fitter

khay

Nolberto Solano has welcomed Sam Allardyce's demanding training regime and is keen to adapt many of the Newcastle manager's methods for when he eventually takes up coaching.

New Magpies manager Allardyce signalled that Solano will form part of his future plans for the club by handing the 32-year-old an extended deal at St James' Park earlier this month.

The Peruvian revealed that he is being put through "the hardest pre-season" he has ever experienced but is positive that it will benefit his career.

The midfielder, who played an unfamiliar role at right-back last season, is eyeing a career in coaching once his playing career is over and is determined to absorb everything he can from Allardyce.

"This is the hardest pre-season I've had since being at Newcastle," Solano told the Mirror.

"I want to be a coach in the near future so I find Sam's methods very interesting. The only problem in Peru is there isn't much money to invest in the game.

"I'll definitely keep a lot of these ideas for when I move into management. You have to keep up with the new ideas.

"We have our own personal masseur and we were wearing heart monitors. In terms of tactics, there are no secrets anymore, so Sam's ideas might give us an advantage.

"Wearing the heart monitor is bad news because they show just how hard you've been working out - the manager can see who's been cheating, but it pushes us even harder.

"I'm only 32 and there are other players playing until they are 36 or 37. There is no reason why I can't go on longer."

On Saturday Solano scored an injury-time equaliser to salvage a draw at Carlisle United.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...+will+be+fitter

For anyone wondering what dyer was wearing...

i reckon luque will shine this year. more starts he gets the better. the games he has started he has done well and scored

He's never done well for newcastle, in any game. EVER.

he has never been given a chance, what did he have last season 6 starts which he still managed to score 2 goals.

i reckon luque will shine this year. more starts he gets the better. the games he has started he has done well and scored

he has never been given a chance, what did he have last season 6 starts which he still managed to score 2 goals.

Make your mind up. Did he do well when he started, or he didn't do well because he wasn't given the chance? Because that's not what you said before.

the games he has started he has done well and scored

When I ask, when?

Make your mind up. Did he do well when he started, or he didn't do well because he wasn't given the chance? Because that's not what you said before.

When I ask, when?

Europe :lol:

When I ask, when?

Man U. First game.

Was disallowed though.