Kluivert offered trial at Sheffield Wednesday.

Jimbo

Sheffield Wednesday have offered a trial to Dutch international striker Patrick Kluivert.

The 31-year-old plays for PSV Eindhoven but is understood to be looking for a move elsewhere.

Owls boss Brian Laws told BBC Radio Sheffield: "I have a strong contact in Holland who is Kluivert's agent.

"We've invited the boy down and I want to run the rule over him. It is just a possibility and is nothing concrete at the moment but we've made an enquiry."

Kluivert has experience of playing in England after a spell with Newcastle.

He started only 14 Premiership games for the Magpies, scoring six times.

Newcastle rejected the opportunity to take up the option for a second year on his contract leaving him free to join Valencia in the summer of 2005.

He subsequently left the Italian side to link up with PSV the following year.

Kluivert has played for some of Europe's biggest clubs including AC Milan, Ajax and Barcelona.

Sheffield Wednesday have offered a trial to Dutch international striker Patrick Kluivert.

The 31-year-old plays for PSV Eindhoven but is understood to be looking for a move elsewhere.

Owls boss Brian Laws told BBC Radio Sheffield: "I have a strong contact in Holland who is Kluivert's agent.

"We've invited the boy down and I want to run the rule over him. It is just a possibility and is nothing concrete at the moment but we've made an enquiry."

Kluivert has experience of playing in England after a spell with Newcastle.

He started only 14 Premiership games for the Magpies, scoring six times.

Newcastle rejected the opportunity to take up the option for a second year on his contract leaving him free to join Valencia in the summer of 2005.

He subsequently left the Italian side to link up with PSV the following year.

Kluivert has played for some of Europe's biggest clubs including AC Milan, Ajax and Barcelona.

Arent valencia spanish... not italian. And quite a step down for old patrick isnt it

Edited by NobbySol

I thought he decided to leave (using his 'I can leave if Newcastle don't finish in the top half' clause) rather than us sending him away?

I thought he decided to leave (using his 'I can leave if Newcastle don't finish in the top half' clause) rather than us sending him away?

A convenient bluff to cover his shame of being released again.

Patrick Kluivert has decided not to accept Sheffield Wednesday's offer of a trial.

Owls boss Brian Laws announced earlier this week that he had invited the Dutchman to train with his squad.

Kluivert has been restricted by injuries in recent seasons and was only able to make five starts for PSV Eindhoven last term.

He is looking to play more regularly and is thrilled to have received the offer from Sheffield Wednesday.

But the 30-year-old is not planning to join The Owls and will instead consider other options.

"I am flattered with the interest," he told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf.

"However, a move to Sheffield Wednesday is not in my future plans.

"I will wait and see what happens. My agent will show me all the options I have and after that I will make a decision."

But the 30-year-old is not planning to join The Owls and will instead consider other options.

He's getting younger, maybe he will return to his previous self?