Freddy is history

Toonpack

I presume this has happened a little earlier than expected because of his illness.

Actually, I was under the impression it was a little later because of his illness with Ashley not wanting to look like he was sacking a bloke seriously ill in hospital. The spin will be it is due to ill health though I imagine.

I thought they were looking him to stay on during the transition to smooth things over? This could also be related to the arrests made last week.

He was always going. I noticed when Gemmill told people on here I'd said him and the others were leaving and joked I was ITK you reckoned I wasn't in the know as Shepherd hadn't gone. Now it's turned out to be right, you're suggesting it's coincidence. Exactly the reason I don't post stuff like that on here (not that I hear much very often anyway) as there's always people who knows fuck all about it who'll say you're making it up. :lol:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I presume this has happened a little earlier than expected because of his illness.

Actually, I was under the impression it was a little later because of his illness with Ashley not wanting to look like he was sacking a bloke seriously ill in hospital. The spin will be it is due to ill health though I imagine.

I thought they were looking him to stay on during the transition to smooth things over? This could also be related to the arrests made last week.

He was always going. I noticed when Gemmill told people on here I'd said him and the others were leaving and joked I was ITK you reckoned I wasn't in the know as Shepherd hadn't gone. Now it's turned out to be right, you're suggesting it's coincidence. Exactly the reason I don't post stuff like that on here (not that I hear much very often anyway) as there's always people who knows fuck all about it who'll say you're making it up. :lol:

Cheer you grumpy cunt, all I said was I was disappointed you were wrong. :retardedsmilesmilie:

Tinge of regret in a way when one of our own depart the ship for whatever the reason but hopefully with foreigners at the helm we'll soon be sailing to a new world full of booty and pleasure.

Anal is on Talksport now spouting his love for him.

zzzZZZ...

Aye, I was listening.

Two-faced, or what? "the Newcastle fans love a signing" and then asked if the fans were excited by the new era he says, "well I can't speak for the fans.."

He was really pissed off when relating the statement from Chairman Death (Mort? Geddit? Eh? Oh fuck ya's :lol: ) about not concentrating on news for the press.

Anal is on Talksport now spouting his love for him.

zzzZZZ...

Aye, I was listening.

Two-faced, or what? "the Newcastle fans love a signing" and then asked if the fans were excited by the new era he says, "well I can't speak for the fans.."

He was really pissed off when relating the statement from Chairman Death (Mort? Geddit? Eh? Oh fuck ya's :baby: ) about not concentrating on news for the press.

Anal Oliver saying "well I can't speak for the fans.." is the first accurate thing i've probably ever heard from the little prick, shame he doesn't believe it!

I really hope that the new board, manager and everyone else just give Oliver jack shit all the time and make an effort to discredit any stuff he does come out with! Even better if they made a point of saying they'd only speak to the other bloke who does the football!

It was always going to happen sometime but this is alot sooner than i expected!

Yup I was expecting Xmas at the earliest.

It wasn't the end of the world keeping him on (so long as he made no real decisions), but good riddance basically. :baby:

Well....let's just see what the new fat man does before we all celebrate... :baby: So far, so underwhelming.... All of the good things this summer have come from the appointment of big Sam....Freddie's swansong?

Good to see him go tbh but in what i can remember of Newcasle United SJH and FFS are the best we have had in 50 years

Think back to Westwood,Seamour,McKeag.... those bastards still make my spine tingle

Anyway heres to a new era :baby:

He was always going. I noticed when Gemmill told people on here I'd said him and the others were leaving and joked I was ITK you reckoned I wasn't in the know as Shepherd hadn't gone. Now it's turned out to be right, you're suggesting it's coincidence. Exactly the reason I don't post stuff like that on here (not that I hear much very often anyway) as there's always people who knows fuck all about it who'll say you're making it up. :baby:

Cheer you grumpy cunt, all I said was I was disappointed you were wrong. :retardedsmilesmilie:

How gracious of you :baby:

0200734069000tl0.jpg

FREDDY SHEPHERD was last night ruthlessly booted out of Newcastle United.

The Toon chairman, 65, has been axed by new owner Mike Ashley just two months after his £133million takeover.

It is a savage blow for Shepherd, who has been ill for several months and has not even been offered an honorary position.

His place as chairman goes to Chris Mort, the London lawyer appointed by Ashley to run the club following the takeover.

Mort used only 20 words to pay a brief tribute to Shepherd. He said: “I would like to thank Freddy Shepherd for all he has done for the club over the past 15 years.”

Shepherd’s exit comes just a month after Ashley decided he could stay as a figurehead.

But after conducting an internal club review, Ashley decided to put an end to Shepherd’s controversial reign.

A source close to Ashley said: “Mike felt that it was in the best interests of everyone to have a fresh start at the club.

“He had always wanted to bring his own men in and now he feels it’s the right time to do it. From what he saw, Freddy is dispensable.

“Sam Allardyce’s contacts in the football world are second to none and while Mike appreciates Freddy’s passion for Newcastle it was time for a change.”

Shepherd was struck down by pneumonia and a collapsed lung around the time of the takeover and has been unable to attend any meetings.

During this time, Mort has begun to establish a relationship with boss Allardyce. Mort said: “I am delighted to become chairman of such a fabulous club.”

Shepherd will receive a £1m pay-off to add to the whopping £37m from selling his shares.

The final days of Shepherd’s stay in the boardroom have been as controversial as the previous 15 years — 10 as chairman.

The club was raided last week by police as part of an investigation into alleged corruption.

Shepherd became involved with Newcastle when he joined forces with the Hall family to drive out the previous board in 1992.

He became chairman in 1997 but resigned in the wake of the sensational Toongate expose.

Shepherd and Douglas Hall were caught describing Geordie women as dogs, labelling Alan Shearer as Mary Poppins and mocking fans for paying £50 for replica shirts.

They were on the sidelines for only 10 months before voting themselves back on the board and prompting the resignation of three directors.

Newcastle did not win any trophies during Shepherd’s reign and he was often a target for fans.

He backed his six managers with cash, but critics point out that he paid himself up to £550,000 a year and earned more than £5m in dividends.

Mick Lowes was almost fighting back the tears defending Fred this morning. You have to say, even though he fucked up, he certainly knew how to keep the local press in his pocket. I expect him and Mick are pie buddies.

Aye, because his cronies in the local press probably got info and free hospitality etc. on the basis they kept Fred sweet by saying what he wanted them to say. No secret Oliver was nothing but a mouthpiece for the ex-chairman. I wonder what Oliver will do for stories now.

Aye, because his cronies in the local press probably got info and free hospitality etc. on the basis they kept Fred sweet by saying what he wanted them to say. No secret Oliver was nothing but a mouthpiece for the ex-chairman. I wonder what Oliver will do for stories now.

Isn't that what Robson concluded when he confronted Shepherd about the NUFC mole ?

Isn't that what Robson concluded when he confronted Shepherd about the NUFC mole ?

Yes, I heard that from my ITK source :baby: But apparently aye, Robson wanted the mole sacked and went to Shepherd who told him he was the one feeding Oliver the stories. I think Souness (as much as we dislike him) alluded to the same thing. Roeder didn't have the same problem as he was giving the stories to his mate Oliver directly.

Someone should have a word with Mort about the unhealthy role Oliver played at the club throughout Shepherd's reign. :baby: