Deco: I will leave if i am unwanted

bawan

Deco has reiterated his desire to stay at Barcelona but admits that if the club tell him that he is not needed then he will seek a transfer.

The Portuguese international spoke out after being left out of the starting line-up in Barca's 11 versus 11 training match on Tuesday.

His omission sparked debate in the Catalan media as a lot has been read into Frank Rijkaard's choice for the two teams in the match.

"I have a contract until 2010 and nobody has said anything to me, therefore I think that they count on me. I like it here. But if they do not want me to stay then that is there choice," Deco said.

Barca are continuing their pre-season preparations in Scotland but speculation is rife over which players will be off-loaded following the arrival of four new stars.

Deco has been subject of interest from Internazionale and Newcastle United but he is only focusing on helping Barcelona reclaim their title and is knows Rijkaard has yet to finalise his squad.

"He will now try and make a great team from these players. Everyone wants to make this a great team," the 29-year-old explained.

"The team is not finalised yet. The coach is trying to create his team and I have to continue working hard."

Reflecting on harsh criticism during last season that included reports that he was at the centre of the controversy behind the scenes, Deco explained that he knew the analysis would start when the team missed out on the title.

Deco said: "When you do not win something then things like that always happen. We have had some incredible years, but then last season we failed.

"Everything that was said was expected and we were ready for it. This season I think we will be going for all the trophies as the club has brought some great new players."

Edited by bawan