Jobless couple with 12 kids are given a £500,000 home

Jimbo

Well, maybe not quite something so 'institutional' but why not a regular boarding school?

Invest in an education for the bairns and society will (hopefully) see a return on that investment.

The cost of running such an institution would be much higher than what is currently paid out in benefits for those kids but there could be long term savings if it works.

However such a 'boarding school' would contain kids who are unlikely to be performing so well at school and is likely to employ teachers who can't get a job at a decent school so I'm not sure what the results would be like.

But most importantly is the fact that it would be politically unpopular and most likely legally impossible.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To sum up my point:

Why concentrate on getting the parents back into work? Thats just 2 taxpayers (assuming youd get them both back to work).

Why not concentrate instead on the 12 potential future taxpayers?

The odds are stacked against the kids making anything of themselves tbf, most of them will probably not be able to remember their parents ever being in employment which doesn't set a good example. Plus chances of the kids doing well educationally are also slim as I'm guessing the parents aren't the most gifted academically and they also couldn't possibly devote the time needed to help each child with their school work.

Bung them in a boarding school.

Is that a serious suggestion btw? :baby:

Why not?

Because of the absolutely enormous cost it would entail, obviously.

As a family , theyre already costing an enormous amount.

Why not invest in them as a future taxpayer?

So, let's get this clear, you're saying families like thisshould get private education at the expense of the taxpayer? I honestly can't believe what I'm reading here. It would be way in excess of the £44k they already get btw. Why can't they just go to a state school? Or am I missing something?

the parents get 44k now yeah?

and how much in benefits will the kids get when they are unemployed and start making theyre own families?

What if one of the young lassies wants to be just her mam and raise 12 kids? whats the future cost of that gonna be?

what if one of the boys turns to a life of crime? how much will that cost our future society?

maybe boarding school is a shite idea :baby: but is investing in a decent education for the bairns?

Makes sense to me.

The real problem here is that the benifit system - which probably correclty focusses on looking after the kids - gives them so much money they can't earn enough by working

Assuming they aren't bankers or footballers she is going to have to stay at home to run the house . he will get a factory job or something like taxidriving - say £ 20 k a year max down there - so they are £24k a year worse off.

Since you can't take it out on the kids there's not a lot you can do about the problem if folk decide to breed like rabbits - I'd want to make sure that the kids don't go down the same route though.............

Believe me the Benefit system as it stands is only of any use to single mothers or people with more than three kids i.e refugees/imigrants.

Because wor lass earns £25000 + a year were only entitled to £200 a month benefits, thats the wack. So basically it boils down to us both being on £13500 a year each with two kids to keep, which is pennys tbh. If it wasn't for the amount of crack cocaine I'm shifting we'd be starving tbh :baby:

Edited by Wacky Jnr

Because wor lass earns £25000 + a year were only entitled to £200 a month benefits, thats the wack. So basically it boils down to us both being on £13500 a year each with two kids to keep, which is pennys tbh. If it wasn't for the amount of crack cocaine I'm shifting we'd be starving tbh :baby:

That also raises the point of the price of child care, if there was affordable ways of having the kids looked after then both parents could work instead of emasculating men and turning them into house husbands. :baby:

That also raises the point of the price of child care, if there was affordable ways of having the kids looked after then both parents could work instead of emasculating men and turning them into house husbands. :baby:

£30 a day to have your kid looked after by a stranger...no thank you. Even with childcare help I would have still been £280.00 a month worse off, basically going to work for buttons to have a stranger look after my six month old son.

I noticed when looking into it that even if a member of your family is a qualified childminder you couldn't have them looking after them and claim. So the government would rather your child go to a stranger to be looked after rather than an aunt or grandmother.

Madness.

Double post somehow. Get the immigrants and refugees out I say so theres more in the pot for me :baby:

Don't see how they're involved here. Most immigrants come to work, unlike white dole scum.

Double post somehow. Get the immigrants and refugees out I say so theres more in the pot for me :baby:

Don't see how they're involved here. Most immigrants come to work, unlike white dole scum.

Did you see the Panorama program on them though this week? A lot of Poles basically evade tax, and Romanians begging is a big problem down south. I am a big europhile, but expanding the EU to include the eastern countries was a massive blunder imo.

But not all. The white dole scum are the worst though, have to agree. When I first finished work and went to the dole to see if i was entitled to anything the scum in that place made my skin crawl. Most of them are dependant on drugs or alcohol supposedly and thats how they get out of working :baby:

Edited by Wacky Jnr

But not all. The white dole scum are the worst though, have to agree. When I first finished work and went to the dole to see if i was entitled to anything the scum in that place made my skin crawl. Most of them are dependant on drugs or alcohol supposedly and thats how they get out of working :baby:

Yeah I remember moving my Grandad out of his old house in Walker (near the Lightfoot) and the kids were hanging about and saying "It would be class getting that place" etc. Basically, they're about 16 and think they're entitled to a house. :baby:

Did you see the Panorama program on them though this week? A lot of Poles basically evade tax, and Romanians begging is a big problem down south. I am a big europhile, but expanding the EU to include the eastern countries was a massive blunder imo.

No, but that's a problem I agree. Trouble is the Poles filled a skills shortage and now there's a glut of them and it stops UK nationals getting jobs and forces the cost of labour down. Also, Belfast is awash with Romanian beggars / Big Issue sellers (same thing to some). That does my head in too but it's a problem with the system again I suppose. They can fuck off if they think they're getting my cash though. Migrating to beg :baby: I have the same concerns about Eastern Europe as you do and I think it breeds racial intolerance.

Double post somehow. Get the immigrants and refugees out I say so theres more in the pot for me :lol:

Yeah I remember moving my Grandad out of his old house in Walker (near the Lightfoot) and the kids were hanging about and saying "It would be class getting that place" etc. Basically, they're about 16 and think they're entitled to a house. :baby:

Thats basically the problem, tramps breeding tramps. Their attitude is to get pregnant at 16, get a council house and don't work

, like their mam and aunty's and cousins and sisters....the list goes on. Should make all 16 - 21 year old males have a sterilising implant imo, would cut back on kids having kids a bit, might give me a shout with the younger fanny as well :baby:

• 2 weeks later...
Because wor lass earns £25000 + a year were only entitled to £200 a month benefits, thats the wack. So basically it boils down to us both being on £13500 a year each with two kids to keep, which is pennys tbh. If it wasn't for the amount of crack cocaine I'm shifting we'd be starving tbh :lol:

That also raises the point of the price of child care, if there was affordable ways of having the kids looked after then both parents could work instead of emasculating men and turning them into house husbands. :rolleyes:

aye - it all went to hell once they stopped giving jobs to kids down the pits and up chimneys TBH