This apparent need for improvement

snakehips

Seems there are a few folk on here who seem to think we need improvements in order to stave off extinction. I'm not so sure myself, as I see more is not necessarily better.

However, a couple of ideas for your perusal.

Someone mentioned possible requesting of e-mail addresses. I'm against this. I think it will cause people to look elsewhere. I can't now get on N-O for this reason (I used to read it frequently) as they don't accept 'throw-away e-mail addresses (I haven't the foggiest what my propa one is!!). Anyway, I think the access to this forum is good and should remain as it is.

How about a change of name?? I like Toontastic (I luv it), but what about people searching for a new forum? Perhaps a surfer seeing 'Toontastic' wont be tempted in?? Something beginning with Newcastle United eg might help ??

Just thinking aloud, folks.

How about a change of name?? I like Toontastic (I luv it), but what about people searching for a new forum? Perhaps a surfer seeing 'Toontastic' wont be tempted in?? Something beginning with Newcastle United eg might help ??

Just thinking aloud, folks.

Newcastle United-tastic

I think making the forum only readable to members will certainly put off potential new members.

The name shouldn't be a problem as long as the site is set up to appear high up the google results and has a decent description.

if peopel wrote more and complained less things would be better

i can't see why we need to change - if you want hyperactivity go across to NOL where theere are so many posts on newcastle matters you have to be watching 100% of the time to keep up

this place is more thougttful - quieter certainly but numbers aren't everything

I've been thinking about this, and what this place needs is more mongs to start threads. If I were to start one, everyone'd read my opening post, smile, nod their head and be unable to contribute anything further than "spot on", or "top post mate, couldn't agree more". However when you get a real idiot starting a thread, for example Gemmill, he can be so fundamentally, idiotically wrong about something even as simple as a sandwich it'll stretch to 20+ pages.