Want to make a Newcastle website

The Tactician

Being only 15, my budget to make this website will be £0.00.

It will be a news website about Newcastle United.

I would like your help on the following:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name

- Any ideas for the name of the site?

URL

- This may sound silly but does anyone know where I can get a free .com or .co.uk?

Website Host

- Shall I create my site with GeoCities or can you recommend another site?

Updating the site

- Would you help run the site with updates?

Any other info or advice

If you have any other info or advice could you please inform me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your help.

Tom!

Yeah, didn't take me too long to make though, and is always updated.

Anyway, as you want it hosted ther'll be limits to what you can do. I've done one on www.freewebs.com but I am sure there's better.

28864[/snapback]

Cheers ...

..and I was joking when I said it was shite, man!

you're going to a have difficulty in finding a free URL, they're not expensive to buy however being 15 I suppose all your money goes on drink n drugs.

As for webspace, yes you can get free space via the likes of Geocities but these are usually full of ads (I hate Geocities sites for this reason). You can get very cheap webspace with domains included (I pay £10 month for mine and it gives me a massive 6Gb of storage and 50Gb bandwidth (and two domains), only had it for a day admittedly but so far Im very impressed by the service). The hosts do a starter pack for £2.50 a month or £25 a year which includes a free domain name.

Shameless plug for them I know but its www.evohosting.co.uk and they accept paypal.

URL

- This may sound silly but does anyone know where I can get a free .com or .co.uk?

you can get .tk names for free

Or alternatively if you want a very cheap .com or .co.uk name try

http://www.uk2.net

if you do ever want to buy the URL and hosting very reasonably,(which like peasepud says is far better to eliminate awful advertS) try

http://www.lcn.biz

My son hosts all his sites with them

Edited by Toonraider

you're going to a have difficulty in finding a free URL, they're not expensive to buy however being 15 I suppose all your money goes on drink n drugs.

As for webspace, yes you can get free space via the likes of Geocities but these are usually full of ads (I hate Geocities sites for this reason). You can get very cheap webspace with domains included (I pay £10 month for mine and it gives me a massive 6Gb of storage and 50Gb bandwidth (and two domains), only had it for a day admittedly but so far Im very impressed by the service). The hosts do a starter pack for £2.50 a month or £25 a year which includes a free domain name.

Shameless plug for them I know but its www.evohosting.co.uk and they accept paypal.

28877[/snapback]

I had a site hosted by Geocities years ago and I got so fucked off with the adverts that I wrote a bit of script to prevent the thing loading....

Was OK for a couple of months until they noticed, then they deleted my site and account without notice! ;)

The fact that I'd broken the term of agreement that I would allow advertising on the site didn't really leave me with much to complain about! :blink: