Alcohol limit when driving.

snakehips

Apparently the legal limit is 80 milligrams of alcohol in 100 milligrams of blood.

This is roughly equivalent to two pints of medium strength lager.

The advice is no more than 3 units of alcohol for men and no more than 2 units for women. I don't know what a unit is though (maybe a pint or a glass of wine??)

If you buy bottles they've got the unit content on them. Not sure how you would ever know for definite with a pint, short of having a look at the equivalent content for a bottle of the stuff and then doing the maths.

Mind, you drink all that old men's Speckled Hen Two Shilling malarkey, don't you?

Having seen the clip of you after a pint, I'd stay clear of any drink if you're driving. :baby:

:baby: If only I could argue against that statement!!

One thing I would never do is drive after a drink. I know other people can do it (after one or two) no problem, but one pint is enough for me to stay clear of driving. :baby:

If you buy bottles they've got the unit content on them. Not sure how you would ever know for definite with a pint, short of having a look at the equivalent content for a bottle of the stuff and then doing the maths.

Mind, you drink all that old men's Speckled Hen Two Shilling malarkey, don't you?

To calculate units of alcohol, multiply the volume of alcohol in litres by the alcohol percentage. For example, 500 ml of beer at 5% is 0.5 litres multiplied by five, equalling 2.5 units. Not a lot of people know that.

Luke, are you sure your mate just had the one pint? That is so borderline that if he demanded the blood test I'm very surprised he got prosecuted. It's worrying too as that's my limit, mind, I'd want to wait a bit before driving.

568 mls to a pint I think.

And Renton, that's what he told me. The fact he was collared driving a stolen JCB might have had something to do with it.

Aye 568 mls exactly. So roughly half a litre with the head etc. A bottle of broon is 550 mls put it used to be a pint. They always round down, don't they?

568 mls to a pint I think.

And Renton, that's what he told me. The fact he was collared driving a stolen JCB might have had something to do with it.

Aye 568 mls exactly. So roughly half a litre with the head etc. A bottle of broon is 550 mls put it used to be a pint. They always round down, don't they?

I'd round down a pint to 500ml and round up the units. Tbh it's simpler just not to do it at all. The thing that most concerns me is driving early the next day.

A pint of Stella works out at 3 units, and that's 5.2%. Personally I wouldn't drink anything if I was going to drive, but I've certainly been concerned about morning driving a number of times in the past, I just go a lot slower than usual to give me more time to react to anything.

I do like a pint of real ale now and again, I must admit. Yum yum :baby:

So long as it's not cherry flavoured...

What the hell was that malarky I bought you before? a cubra libra or something along those lines?!

I'd never bought such a fruity drink in all of my life.

Edited by Jonny2J

What the hell was that malarky I bought you before? a cubra libra or something along those lines?!

I'd never bought such a fruity drink in all of my life.

Rum and coke with lime. Quite nice actually. Canny fruity though tbf.

And it's always the morning after that catches folk out.

Certainly did for my dad. Of course his car's electrics were dodgy at the time, so he was having to fiddle about with some wires just to get the thing started, which tends to attract the attention of car park security guards... but still. :lol:

Certainly did for my dad. Of course his car's electrics were dodgy at the time, so he was having to fiddle about with some wires just to get the thing started, which tends to attract the attention of car park security guards... but still. :lol:

That would have been the perfect time to come out. "Yeah so what if I am gay?! You got caught hotwiring a car pissed, so fuck you!"

Certainly did for my dad. Of course his car's electrics were dodgy at the time, so he was having to fiddle about with some wires just to get the thing started, which tends to attract the attention of car park security guards... but still. :unsure:

That would have been the perfect time to come out. "Yeah so what if I am gay?! You got caught hotwiring a car pissed, so fuck you!"

:lol:

I was eight years old at the time, mind, so I'd probably have been more likely to hotwire a car myself than indulge in some bum fun and want to shout about it from the rooftops.

Apparently the legal limit is 80 milligrams of alcohol in 100 milligrams of blood.

This is roughly equivalent to two pints of medium strength lager.

The advice is no more than 3 units of alcohol for men and no more than 2 units for women. I don't know what a unit is though (maybe a pint or a glass of wine??)

Did you hear anything about that speed camera you went through down south a few weeks back Snakey?