Newcastle Utd v Celtic Glasgow

khay

From NUFC.co.uk:

91min - NEWCASTLE GOAL (4-1): It's Steve Harper who starts the move with a neat lay-off on the right-hand side, the ball is worked to N'Zogbia on halfway and he drives the Magpies forward before feeding JAMES MILNER on the left, the winger cuts in-field and fires low past Brown from 20 yards.

Play him there every game!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was at the match and there was some thing wrong with the atmosphere...just nothing close what were used to at St James'

Was there noise and singing tonight, like ???

yes there was but most of it was coming from the Celtic fans

1st half was good like but 2nd half was shite. And :lol: at the cunts running on the pitch, aye they're hard. :unsure:

lmao @ at the fat cunt that had to be dragged of the pitch

I haven't been able to watch the Toon in the flesh for a few years now as I live in London, but I had a fucking ball tonight. Sat under the Celtic fans, Fucking Animals like, but it was truly a thing of beauty going 2-0 up, and then *grins manically* 3-0, especially as they were Luque's goals (more to follow) watching about 800 Newcastle fans calling out the entire Celtic support was hilarious, and of course the obligatory "Are You Sunderland in Disguise?" Celtic actually looked quite tasty in the first half going forward, but their back 4 was atrocious. So...

Given: Exceptional. Was kicking himself for the goal, not his fault.

Carr: I always used to think that Carr was better than everyone condemned him to be. He's not. He's fucking shocking. We need him at the moment to bolster the squad, but jesus christ, we need new fullbacks. On both sides.

Rozenhal: Looks like a Quality, Quality Centreback. Him and Taylor seem to have struck a decent understanding as well.

Ramage: Not shocking. Amazingly. Made a few important challenges as well. Still not good enough for Newcastle though.

Huntington: In no way, shape, or form a full back, but could be a pretty good centre-back. Looks like he'll get his fair share of opportunities this season as well.

Solano: The only "flair" midfielder we had today. Nice balls through, and good linking with Martins.

Butt: Solid. The crab even found himself in the box twice in the first half. That was scary. In the first half it seemed like Geremi was playing DM and that allowed Nicky to get forward.

Geremi: Class. His set pieces are brilliant, he's got a nice long shot on him, and I think he's a DEFINITE first choice to be DM. What a good buy.

Milner: MUCH pacier than last season, and great linking up with the forwards. He had some great runs, and isn't scared to take defenders on.

Martins: Ok. If we sell him, I'll be fucking gutted. He didn't have a first touch llike a rapist, at least tonight, his pace is immense, and he's a constant threat on the edge of the box. When played on the right hand side of the front two, he is so dangerous when cutting onto his left foot.

Luque: Albert Luque is fucking shite. I so, so wanted him not to be, but he is fucking gash. He was in the right place at the right time on a few occassions tonight, but that freekick... jesus. What was he thinking?

Taylor: Brilliant. Him and Rozenhal could ba formidable partnership.

Pattison: Rubbish. Get rid.

N'Zogbia: Seemed incredibly pissed off at being played at LB. And rightfully so. Had very little to do. I'd expect him to want to leave.

Carroll: Looked pretty good. I'd liek to see him loaned out though.

Troisi: when we changed to 4-5-1 he looked quite decent on the right wing.

Harper: Actually looked really solid in the middle for the few minutes he was on.

SkySports report.

Kieron Dyer was absent as Newcastle defeated Celtic 4-1 at St James' Park.

Sam Allardyce, in his first home match as Magpies manager, left Dyer out of the squad to face the Scottish champions as speculation continues to build that he may have already played his last game for the club.

But Allardyce had plenty to cheer, including an Albert Luque brace, as Newcastle put the Scottish champions to the sword with an impressive attacking display.

Obafemi Martins opened the scoring in the 11th minute with a fine strike into the bottom right corner from Nolberto Solano's pass.

Luque then beat the offside trap to tap home James Milner's cross in the 29th minute, and the Spanish striker had another simple finish after 42 minutes from Solano's pinpoint delivery.

Celtic had threatened sporadically in the first half and came back into the game strongly after the interval, with Scott Brown pulling a goal back on 72 minutes with a powerful header.

With Nicky Butt forced off and all the outfield substitutes used, Steve Harper came on up front for the final 12 minutes.

He did not manage a goal but James Milner rounded off a good night for Newcastle as he made it 4-1 with the final kick of the game.

Was good to get back last night. Shame half of the city didnt see it the same way. The attendance was very poor, swelled only due to the number of celtic fans. Naturally many of them locals. As a whole, their fans were well humoured and in good voice. Just a shame there are pockets who insist on signing ira songs while walking the town drinking bottles of red wine (not get no buckfast lads?).

If I was going to pick ut a few players, Id say Luque started well then was in and out of the game. Still looks a bit lazy and a bottler, but you have to commend him on getting two goals. One was well taken and one a bit bundling. Still, would be interesting to see how he responds. Maybe potential suitors will sit and take notice.

Milner or Geremi would have been my motm. Milner his usual hard working self on the wing and Geremi looked very handy. Broke up play well but also isnt shy to have a shot himself and came close a couple of times. Also looks like he will take the corners. Given made some good saves and looked in good form. Rozenhal I thought started a bit shakey but soon settled into a solid performance. Nothing out of the ordinary, but a clean clinical performance. Huntington was ... ok at LB but we really need that position sorting. Carr was ok but sloppy at times.

Did see that we still have our boo boys who insisted on giving Carr / Luque stick for the tiniest thing like bending the grass on the pitch. So, much for a fresh start eh.

Has to be said that Celtic moved the ball well and at times looked a threat and that they were up for it. Very poor at the back though with confusion usually akin to ourselves. A useful work out for us and good to get the goals.

What was the piss poor attendance about? It's ages since our last match an I reckon there were as many Celtic fans as Newcastle.

Good match for a friendly but the behaviour of Celtic neds was the funniest thing. Before the match I went to Tiger Tiger for a bite to eat, and there was a gang of the pissed up fuckers outside. Anyway, one of them decided to have a piss against the window, anout a yard from where I was eating. I assumed it must be that mirror glass stuff, but upon leaving I noticed it was clear glass. The dirty fucker. I took a photo of the little tit and will post it later (forgot my phone). Would be good if someone could shame him by sending the link to a Celtic messageboard too.

Overall the Celtic fans' behaviour was poor like, they're probably the only city that give our charvers a run for there money, and win. No better than rangers really, difficult to figure out where they get their good rep from. Mind, many celtic fans I talked to were ashamed at the behaviour of the neds.

:lol: Renton taking cock shots of Celtic fans.

As for the attendance - I didn't go cos it was a mid-week pre-season friendly and I couldn't be arsed. I'm going on Sunday for Juventus, but I don't blame anyone for not turning up to pre-season matches as they're normally such turgid shite.

The Celtic fans were absolutely shocking yesterday mind.

All hell broke loose in The Goose as well, glasses and bottles flying everywhere, tables and chairs going the journey as well.

All hell broke loose in The Goose as well, glasses and bottles flying everywhere, tables and chairs going the journey as well.

What time was that? I was there about 5.15 but left because it was full of weedgie piss heads.

What time was that? I was there about 5.15 but left because it was full of weedgie piss heads.

This was mid-afternoon time not exactly sure of the precise time mind, probably around 4ish.

There was this one bloke talking to Midds in the roughest broadest Scottish accent you had ever heard, who was about 50.

He goes to Midds when we are both stood at the bar.

"Oh where you guys from? I'm from Sunderland"

So he quotes in the broadest Scottish accent you've heard since watching an episode of Taggart.

Then he starts going.

"Oh we hate these Celtic fuckers and we've only come here to do any of the fuckers in we can today."

:lol:

They're a right bunch of rough looking tramps, the Glaswegians. That's not a generalisation either, it's a fact.

It's true like, they're the biggest bamps in western Europe, you can see why their life expectancy is 42 or something.

I heard Geremi had a stormer of a match playing centre-mid. Could be the steal of the summer, especially given his versatilitiy. It's also good Luque got a couple of goals, if he played rubbish - it'll do his confidence a lot of good.

I thought Martins played well last night, looked good dropping off and picking up the ball.

Gemmill will obviously disagree however. :lol:

Geremi looked very good. I reckon him and Milner will play in almost every game this year due to their versatility(barring African CON for Geremi).

Martins I thought was very good last night. He's a fine player. He holds the ball up well and his goal was a good finish. Same problem as last season in that we rarely get to see his pace as we aren't set up that way. Maybe alongside Viduka, we will. Also, he tried to trap a ball in the first half on the right wing at the half-way line, and it nearly went out for a corner.

Edited by Barney

I thought Martins played well last night, looked good dropping off and picking up the ball.

Gemmill will obviously disagree however. :lol:

He won't cos he didn't see the game. :unsure: Did the ball bounce off him much?