Newcastle Utd v Celtic Glasgow

khay

Title:_ v Celtic GLASGOW

Is that like United Manchester, Orient Leyton or Milan Inter???

It's German-style. "Chelsea London" and all that.

Edited by Meenzer

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Title:_ v Celtic GLASGOW

Is that like United Manchester, Orient Leyton or Milan Inter???

Wanker Rob? :lol:

rob bastard old stupid tbh

Guest stevieintoon

31000 against a fuckin shite side, and that's a poor attendance? Surely we're a bigger attraction for them than they are for us, and there was only 19000 the other year when they beat us 2-1 at Parkhead.

31000 fucking cracking crowd if you ask me, for a friendly?!?!?!!? We weren't playing Barcelona! It's time to stop playing mediocre sides in friendlies at home anyway. One a season against a genuine big club like Bayern, Real or Milan.

Guest stevieintoon

It might sound ridiculous but the main negative for me was how well Geremi played. I'm struggling to recall a better debut than that in the first half, he was absolutely immense, what a buy. My main concern is, he was so good in that midfield roll, Sam will ignore the fact he's a good right back and leave Carr there.

I wouldn't read a great deal in to last night though, I mean it could've been 6 or 7 if he left the same team out second half, but Juventus will be a stern test for United, and we'll have to play well to get any sort of result.

I heard Geremi had a stormer of a match playing centre-mid. Could be the steal of the summer, especially given his versatilitiy. It's also good Luque got a couple of goals, if he played rubbish - it'll do his confidence a lot of good.

geremi was amazing first half wasn't so much in the game at the second half

Guest stevieintoon
Isn't Geremi fairly mediocre at right back though, Stevie?

He looked very competent there for Chelsea last season Gemmill, and I'd rather have "The Fish" at right back than Steven Carr at the moment.

He looked very competent there for Chelsea last season Gemmill, and I'd rather have "The Fish" at right back than Steven Carr at the moment.

Aye I know what you mean, I'd just rather he played in a position where he shines like he apparently did last night, rather than have to make do with him at right back because he's better than Carr - I don't think Geremi views himself as a right back either, does he. Let's hope we get a right back in and can fuck off cannonball head at right back.

Aye I know what you mean, I'd just rather he played in a position where he shines like he apparently did last night, rather than have to make do with him at right back because he's better than Carr - I don't think Geremi views himself as a right back either, does he. Let's hope we get a right back in and can fuck off cannonball head at right back.

I'll play anywhere - Geremi

Jul 27 2007

by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

NEW boy Geremi has pledged that he will “play anywhere” to help Newcastle United’s cause this season.

The 29-year-old Cameroon international has every right to want a settled position at St James’ Park after playing utility roles at Real Madrid, Middlesbrough and Chelsea, mainly at right-back and on the right side of midfield.

Yet it was in his preferred central midfield role in which he picked up the Man of the Match award in last night’s convincing victory over Celtic at St James’ Park.

He modestly played down his award in his first home game for United, saying: “I don’t know what to say. It’s always good to have an award like that, but the most important thing was to win.”

And when I asked him where he fancied playing after his switch from Stamford Bridge to St James’ Park, he added: “That will be the decision of the manager.

“The most important thing is to be there, and to try to help the team to win.

“I’m a professional and the decision to come here was about playing and enjoying my football.

“As long as I play, I’m happy. For me, I don’t care where I play.

“But my favourite position is in midfield like I played against Celtic for sure. At the beginning the manager told me he was going to use me in midfield. I like this position and I’m ready.”

Sam Allardyce will know only too well that last night’s victory was built on the solid midfield pairing of Geremi and Nicky Butt and despite injuries to the latter and Steven Taylor he was upbeat.

Indeed he joked: “Did Geremi get man of the match? I thought Steve Harper would have got it!

“But Geremi’s an experienced player, and he and Nicky Butt showed a lot of resilience in midfield.

“There’s a lot of ability, and a lot of experience.

“We want to enhance that and grow from there.”

Meanwhile, Allardyce ordered defender Taylor to learn from his mistake after watching him get himself injured.

The 21-year-old came on as a half-time substitute, having shaken off the ankle injury he picked up on England duty at the European Under-21s Championships last month.

However, he aggravated the problem when he was caught in a block tackle after dwelling on the ball – much to his manager’s displeasure.

The Chronicle understands it is not a serious setback, and Taylor – who was at the club’s training ground for an injury assessment and warm-down this morning – could be back in training as early as tomorrow.

Allardyce said: “Steven is a little inexperienced in his game yet and put himself in a position in which he got himself injured.

“He needs to learn from that because he has felt the pain of doing the wrong thing at the wrong time, which is something we don’t want him to do.

“He has to learn the fact that not putting himself in that position means you don’t get yourself injured.

“We will take him through the video and show him why, and I hope he will not be out too long.”

Olly

I'll play anywhere - Geremi

Jul 27 2007

by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

NEW boy Geremi has pledged that he will “play anywhere” to help Newcastle United’s cause this season.

The 29-year-old Cameroon international has every right to want a settled position at St James’ Park after playing utility roles at Real Madrid, Middlesbrough and Chelsea, mainly at right-back and on the right side of midfield.

Yet it was in his preferred central midfield role in which he picked up the Man of the Match award in last night’s convincing victory over Celtic at St James’ Park.

He modestly played down his award in his first home game for United, saying: “I don’t know what to say. It’s always good to have an award like that, but the most important thing was to win.”

And when I asked him where he fancied playing after his switch from Stamford Bridge to St James’ Park, he added: “That will be the decision of the manager.

“The most important thing is to be there, and to try to help the team to win.

“I’m a professional and the decision to come here was about playing and enjoying my football.

“As long as I play, I’m happy. For me, I don’t care where I play.

“But my favourite position is in midfield like I played against Celtic for sure. At the beginning the manager told me he was going to use me in midfield. I like this position and I’m ready.”

Sam Allardyce will know only too well that last night’s victory was built on the solid midfield pairing of Geremi and Nicky Butt and despite injuries to the latter and Steven Taylor he was upbeat.

Indeed he joked: “Did Geremi get man of the match? I thought Steve Harper would have got it!

“But Geremi’s an experienced player, and he and Nicky Butt showed a lot of resilience in midfield.

“There’s a lot of ability, and a lot of experience.

“We want to enhance that and grow from there.”

Meanwhile, Allardyce ordered defender Taylor to learn from his mistake after watching him get himself injured.

The 21-year-old came on as a half-time substitute, having shaken off the ankle injury he picked up on England duty at the European Under-21s Championships last month.

However, he aggravated the problem when he was caught in a block tackle after dwelling on the ball – much to his manager’s displeasure.

The Chronicle understands it is not a serious setback, and Taylor – who was at the club’s training ground for an injury assessment and warm-down this morning – could be back in training as early as tomorrow.

Allardyce said: “Steven is a little inexperienced in his game yet and put himself in a position in which he got himself injured.

“He needs to learn from that because he has felt the pain of doing the wrong thing at the wrong time, which is something we don’t want him to do.

“He has to learn the fact that not putting himself in that position means you don’t get yourself injured.

“We will take him through the video and show him why, and I hope he will not be out too long.”

Olly

Methinks someone's had a word with Alan.

we'd used up all our outfield subs then Nicky Butt got injured I think, so on cam harper.

That and we were blatently taking the piss.

thats what i thought as well because it seemed as though we had a shirt and everything ready for him