Friday's Gossip

Magma

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Manchester City are closing in on the signing of Newcastle midfielder Kieron Dyer for £4.5m. (The Sun)

Sven-Goran Eriksson has also enquired about West Brom's £9m-rated centre-back Curtis Davies. (The Sun)

And he will also turn his attentions to Juventus' full-back Giorgio Chiellini, Nantes midfielder Emerse Fae and Olympiakos striker Nery Castillo. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United expect Carlos Tevez to have signed for them in time for the opening game of the season. (Daily Star)

Aston Villa are ready to rival Everton for Manchester United's England striker Alan Smith. (Daily Mail)

Man Utd have admitted defender Mikael Silvestre may leave following a £3m offer from Lyon. (Daily Mirror)

Cardiff plan to sign Middlesbrough goalkeeper Ross Turnbull, 22, on loan. (The Sun)

Bayern Munich have cleared Roque Santa Cruz to speak to Blackburn - and three other clubs - about a £4.5m move. (Daily Mirror)

Middlesbrough are preparing to revive their interest in Spurs striker Mido after he rejected Birmingham. (Daily Mail)

Wigan have made a shock £1.5m bid for Bolton defender Abdoulaye Faye. (Daily Mirror)

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp is ready to block Sol Campbell's hopes of a move to Villarreal. (Daily Star)

West Brom have made a renewed bid for Stoke defender Carl Hoefkens, 28, after a £750,000 bid was rejected. (The Sun)

Sheffield United will make a £4m bid for Everton striker James Beattie. (Daily Mirror)

Crystal Palace are lining up a loan deal for Benfica defender Jose Fonte. (The Sun)

Lyon have made an £8m move for Arsenal misfit Jose Reyes. (Daily Mirror)

Derby boss Billy Davies has offered Patrick Kluivert a trial at Pride Park. (Daily Mail)

Wolves, Charlton and West Brom are tracking Spurs' £1m defender Phil Ifil. (Daily Mirror)

Midfielder John Viafara is poised to quit Southampton for West Brom. (The Sun)

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside wants £13m for Nicolas Anelka, with West Ham interested. (Daily Mirror)

Slovakian Dusan Svento has been asked back for a further trial by Derby manager Billy Davies. (Independent)

Ipswich are to extend the trial of Le Harvre defender Arsene Menessou. (The Sun)

Bristol City have tabled a fourth and final bid of £1.2m for mercurial Swansea striker Lee Trundle. (Daily Mirror)

Barnsley have offered a trial to Brazilian defender Dennis Souza. (Daily Star)

OTHER GOSSIP

Spurs' Ledley King is a doubt for England's next two Euro 2008 qualifiers after being ruled out for the first month of the season with knee surgery. (The Sun)

Brazilian midfielder Lucas claims he turned down moves to Manchester United and Everton before joining Liverpool from Gremio. (Daily Mail)

Gilberto Silva will miss the start of Arsenal's season after being given an extended break following the Copa America. (The Sun)

West Ham's £7m midfielder Scott Parker is struggling to be fit for the start of the season with a knee injury. (Daily Star)

Midfielder Sean Davis' hopes of leaving Portsmouth have been hit by a knee injury. (Daily Mirror)

Europe's big guns have snubbed Uefa president Michel Platini's plans to alter Champions League qualification. (The Sun)

Derby boss Billy Davies is fuming after learning he faces an FA disciplinary hearing which could see him banned from the touchline for the start of the Rams' campaign. (Daily Mirror)

Sheffield United plc chief Kevin McCabe has bid to buy Hungarian club Ferencvaros, which is £5m in debt but owns valuable land. (Daily Star)

Desperate Kilmarnock striker Steven Naismith has slammed in a transfer request as he continues to try to leave the club. (Daily Record)

Hearts are on course to play in front of their biggest-ever home crowd when they host Barcelona at Murrayfield on Saturday, with 51,000 tickets already sold. (Daily Record)

Falkirk trialist Roel Buikema has rejected a permanent deal at the club. (Daily Record)

AND FINALLY

Sir Alex Ferguson has told new signing Nani to stop his acrobatic back-flip goal celebration. (Various)

Jonathan Woodgate has been voted in Spain as the worst signing of the 21st century. (The Sun)

we should of kept woodgate stupid to get rid of him

It was a fantastic bit of business getting rid as it turns out. I don't know how you can possibly justify your statement with the benefit of hindsight.

Edited by alex

because he is one of the best defenders in this country. yeah they got alot of money for him but what did they use it on.... umm oh yeah shit like bomsoung etc well worth it huh

WRONG. As usual.

wrong as usual fuck off. its an open forum debate how can you have right and wrong answers

WRONG. As usual.

wrong as usual fuck off. its an open forum debate how can you have right and wrong answers

:lol: He spent his entire time at Real Madrid injured, you dozy twat. How is it a bad idea to sell a player for £13m who, at the time (and for the 12 months or so that followed), couldn't string 45 minutes together never mind 90?

Ok, now you get to tell me how it was a mistake to sell him. This better be good.

I used to prequent a forum that would ban members under the Fuckwit rule. Where a user doesn't do anything offensive and worthy of a ban under normal circumstances, but enough Fuckwit posts and he'd get booted.

So....

because he is one of the best defenders in this country. yeah they got alot of money for him but what did they use it on.... umm oh yeah shit like bomsoung etc well worth it huh

I know that. I'm on about how he was injured for about two years. We made a £5m profit on someone who barely kicked a ball for the next two seasons. I don't know what Boumsong's got to do with that really although I agree he was a shit signing. Having a go at him makes you sticking up for the bloke in your avatar a bit daft though.

I used to prequent a forum that would ban members under the Fuckwit rule. Where a user doesn't do anything offensive and worthy of a ban under normal circumstances, but enough Fuckwit posts and he'd get booted.

So....

Banned often there then?

So....

Banned often there then?

:lol:

So....

Banned often there then?

:lol:

That's an interesting typo.

because he is one of the best defenders in this country

I can remember thinking that the very day he was sold.

... but how one can still believe that today after the whole aftermath is ridiculous. It's all just wishful thinking: we all wish we would have stayed and played over 30 league games a season for us, but that was never going to happen... simply put: maybe the best bit of business Shepherd as ever done in his time as chairman.

because he is one of the best defenders in this country

I can remember thinking that the very day he was sold.

... but how one can still believe that today after the whole aftermath is ridiculous. It's all just wishful thinking: we all wish we would have stayed and played over 30 league games a season for us, but that was never going to happen... simply put: maybe the best bit of business Shepherd as ever done in his time as chairman.

Aye but it was blind luck (or bad luck) for Woodgate really.

It's quite possible that without injuries £13m could have look stupidly cheap.

As it turned out it was the best thing we could have done, but equally I don't really think FFS was thinking "Christ he's going to be injured 99% of the time for the next 2 years, I'll have the £13m please!".

It is still a shame we didn't get him back last season, as even though those injuries seem to have taken their toll on him he's still arguably better than anything we still have.

Manchester City are closing in on the signing of Newcastle midfielder Kieron Dyer for £4.5m. (The Sun)

Sven-Goran Eriksson has also enquired about West Brom's £9m-rated centre-back Curtis Davies. (The Sun)

--------------------

There's something FUCKED UP about those prices.