Newcastle Utd v Juventus FC

Gemmill

Maniche was the rat guy I was thinking of.

Back to the match though, Carrol really looks like he has a chance of making it. N'Zogbia was quality in the centre and Dyer looked excellent, as did Given.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuffing typical, just got home, sat my arse in the chair to watch the match from SKY+ and the recording ended about 20 seconds before kick off !!!11!!

Its repeated at 10pm but its not the point, drove the final 3 hours with the sodding radio turned off so not to hear the score :lol:

I enjoyed the match. i think we look like we are strting to moved some thing with the defence we need a left back but for the first time in a long time we a playing with a plan. it may take a while but I think we are moving forward and I am looking forward to this season alot more than the last 4 or 5.

Just got back too...first half I thought our shape was excellent. Nobby and Milner out wide and Geremi/N'zogbia had a nice balance to it. Zog looks at home in the middle and Geremi seems to have fitted in very quickly, linking up with almost everything. Rozenhal was taller than I thought he'd be and more imposing. Carr was almost decent and we looked comfortable at the back.

Juventus were obviously far from firing on all cylinders but it was nice to see Luque get a goal and he got a very warm reaction when he scored. Carrol looks full of potential and took his goal well, Milner had a good game too.

Nedved was their best player, still very classy and looked the biggest threat for them.

Second half was like a Sven friendly... I don't think we'd get away with Zog AND Dyer in the middle in the league. Solano also seemd to be pushing inside more which wasn't so good.

I thought Edgar was pick of the young lads in defence.

Some twat played up in the second half behind Given and it took half a dozen coppers to get him out of there. Everyone was giving him the wanker sign and taken pics of him with their phones as they dragged him off. :lol:

£15 well spent. :nufc:

Chuffing typical, just got home, sat my arse in the chair to watch the match from SKY+ and the recording ended about 20 seconds before kick off !!!11!!

Its repeated at 10pm but its not the point, drove the final 3 hours with the sodding radio turned off so not to hear the score :huff:

:nufc::lol:

Was a good match even though Juve were shit, zoggy played well in the center.

Carrol did look a decent player but what pisses me of about him hes 6ft 4 and most of the time he cant win headers.

Its repeated at 10pm but its not the point, drove the final 3 hours with the sodding radio turned off so not to hear the score :lol:

Same thing happened to me, only I got back in before the 2nd half. I just thought it was the V+ box. Seems like you can't record the games.

Carrol .......................................... what pisses me of about him hes 6ft 4 and most of the time he cant win headers.

Same as Ameobe, tall but no height to his game. :lol:

Carrol .......................................... what pisses me of about him hes 6ft 4 and most of the time he cant win headers.

Same as Ameobe, tall but no height to his game. :huff:

I was at the game and Carroll won every ball that came to him. :lol: Made himself big & composed when the ball came his way while being marked.

He looks very promosing. :nufc:

I was at the game and Carroll won every ball that came to him. :lol: Made himself big & composed when the ball came his way while being marked.

not saying he doesn't look promising but he jumps up and most of the time either pushes the player out of the way and concedes a foul or gets beat which for me personally is very disappointing for how tall he is

Edited by bawan

not saying he doesn't look promising but he jumps up and most of the time either pushes the player out of the way and concedes a foul or gets beat which for me personally is very disappointing for how tall he is

Well at today’s game I didn't see any of that. There wasn't any fouls given against him. He made his presence known like Shearer used to. Was solid, but just didn't really have that support in the 2nd half despite winning every ball.

Same as Ameobe, tall but no height to his game. :rolleyes:

He looks very promosing. :huff:

Well at today’s game I didn't see any of that. There wasn't any fouls given against him. He made his presence known like Shearer used to. Was solid, but just didn't really have that support in the 2nd half despite winning every ball.

:nufc: your comparing him to Shearer already and yeh i agree he didnt have any support in the second half and always pushed a player away when he went for a header :razz:

He looks very promosing. :razz:

:huff: your comparing him to Shearer already and yeh i agree he didnt have any support in the second half and always pushed a player away when he went for a header :rolleyes:

You make it sound like he's super human because I've compared one aspect of his game to Shearer's :nufc:

Seriously, what does it matter whether you see him push a player or stick his elbows out to win a ball when a foul is not given? A defender would be making it a hell of a lot more obvious the other way around. Shearer got away with it the majority of time as did Carroll tonight. I think it's good to see a player committed to winning the ball, especially up front.

....Have to say Nobby Solano was once again a class act today. Some of his touches and flicks were second to none as well as helping out at the back. Could be a big player for us again this season and you can only appreciate the commitment he shows every time he plays in black 'n' white. :lol:

He looks very promosing. :razz:

:huff: your comparing him to Shearer already and yeh i agree he didnt have any support in the second half and always pushed a player away when he went for a header :rolleyes:

You make it sound like he's super human because I've compared one aspect of his game to Shearer's :nufc:

Seriously, what does it matter whether you see him push a player or stick his elbows out to win a ball when a foul is not given? A defender would be making it a hell of a lot more obvious the other way around. Shearer got away with it the majority of time as did Carroll tonight. I think it's good to see a player committed to winning the ball, especially up front.

ill leave it here shall i...just hope we send him away on load so he gets more experience

Have to agree with Geordie Boy here, in a sentence you're talking shite

just a difference of opinion, i dont think he wins a lot of headers for how tall he is and obviously he thinks the opposite so no need to say am talking shit just because you dont agree....arsehole :lol:

just a difference of opinion, i dont think he wins a lot of headers for how tall he is and obviously he thinks the opposite so no need to say am talking shit just because you dont agree....arsehole :lol:

Maybe you just need glasses then as he looked alright to me today

He easily won 90% of headers he went in for.

He easily won 90% of headers he went in for.

Played class, hope he gets a good run of games, if not here then at a Championship club atleast.

What I was impressed with was that Luque was telling Martins where to stand and make runs to, as said Martins does not seem to have the best footballing brain and I think we will see a lot more from him with someone else up top.

Gutted Del Boy never made it on.