Newcastle Utd v Juventus FC

Gemmill

It was a decent enough game all in all. Died a death a bit in the second half which is as to be expected with all the subs I suppose.

Mind, how shit is Matty Pattison. Jesus Christ. Thought Troisi looked a decent player - the ball that he knocked in for Dyer for the one on one with the keeper was class, and I thought Carroll had a decent game. No respect for reputation like, with him not giving Buffon a minute's peace every time he was trying to clear the ball. :lol:

I'm just pleased we kept a clean sheet too. I know they weren't exactly at full throttle, and Shay helped us out a few times as ever, but we did alright at the back. Rozenhal looks so calm on the ball.

Promising enough, but we definitely still need signings at the back.

Oh and I would quite like to keep Dyer, we'll miss his busy play in the middle of the park imo. Looked pretty good when he came on yesterday. I reckon he's on his way though.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Incidently, did anyone see someone getting dragged out of the SJH stand kicking at the 4-5 police that were ejecting him? Daft sod seemed to be having a right go back at them like. Bet he woke up with a few bruises. I was sitting in the Milburn so couldn't see exactly what was going on.

Me to at the far end so couldn't see what was going on on. What a plonker...!

Was told positive things about Darren Lough who came on at left-back. He's got a good left-foot on him & I'm told he never stops running, gives it his all and to be fair he did a job when he came on in the 2nd half I thought. Mind, it wont be a while before becomes more established obviously, but as I say, good to see.

Incidently, did anyone see someone getting dragged out of the SJH stand kicking at the 4-5 police that were ejecting him? Daft sod seemed to be having a right go back at them like. Bet he woke up with a few bruises. I was sitting in the Milburn so couldn't see exactly what was going on.

Aye the dirty little bastard looked to have spat right in one of the coppers' face - I was in the east stand so quite far away but saw the lad's head go back and jerk forward, and the copper turned his head away as if he had just been spat on. Then as they carried him down the stairs he was kicking the one that was at the end carrying his feet. Whatever he did to get dragged out, I'm sure it wasn't as serious as assaulting a police officer, the dozy little prick.

Anyone think we look a lot fitter btw? I know it's hard to tell when you're making a lot of substitutions, but Carr in particular looked lighter and more capable of getting round the pitch than he has done for a while. I think Nobby will benefit more than most from it though cos he's looked fucked from 60 minutes on for a while now.

Some twat played up in the second half behind Given and it took half a dozen coppers to get him out of there. Everyone was giving him the wanker sign and taken pics of him with their phones as they dragged him off. :lol:

Anyone else notice that pre-match Nedved handed one of those little silk flag things with the club crest on to Given on the halfway line for the photo op? Given had absolutely nowt to give him but a handshake. :lol:

Anyone else notice that pre-match Nedved handed one of those little silk flag things with the club crest on to Given on the halfway line for the photo op? Given had absolutely nowt to give him but a handshake. :lol:

A pennant :nufc: I used to collect when I was a bairn when I went on me hols. Dweeeeeeb!!!

Chuffing typical, just got home, sat my arse in the chair to watch the match from SKY+ and the recording ended about 20 seconds before kick off !!!11!!

Its repeated at 10pm but its not the point, drove the final 3 hours with the sodding radio turned off so not to hear the score :lol:

Same thing happened to me, only I got back in before the 2nd half. I just thought it was the V+ box. Seems like you can't record the games.

I recorded it on Sky + and it worked fine.

Chuffing typical, just got home, sat my arse in the chair to watch the match from SKY+ and the recording ended about 20 seconds before kick off !!!11!!

Its repeated at 10pm but its not the point, drove the final 3 hours with the sodding radio turned off so not to hear the score :lol:

Same thing happened to me, only I got back in before the 2nd half. I just thought it was the V+ box. Seems like you can't record the games.

I recorded it on Sky + and it worked fine.

I recorded the Celtic game on v+ and it worked fine. I always ensure I've got my recording to start and finish 10 minutes either side of what I'm recording

Safety first Wacky. I like your style.

Learned that hard way after recording the Hitcher after not seeing it since it first came out, it got to the last 5 minutes and went off and I couldn't remember what happened, seething wasn't the term tbh